PDA

View Full Version : Is Burnout 2 Coming to XBOX??? (UPDATED)

wipcream
10-16-2002, 05:49 PM
Some people say its coming Quarter4 of 2002, but i havent heard anything more than that. Can anyone substantiate this claim??

Thanks

Black Ace
10-16-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by wipcream
Some people say its coming Quarter4 of 2002, but i havent heard anything more than that. Can anyone substantiate this claim??

Thanks

Yep, its coming for for GameCube as well. Look for it in early 2003.

wipcream
10-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Do you have a link or proof of this?

Also are you POSTIVE its coming?

Black Ace
10-16-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by wipcream
Do you have a link or proof of this?

Also are you POSTIVE its coming?

http://www.the-magicbox.com/game093002c.htm

wipcream
10-17-2002, 03:13 PM
ya know of an exact rls date?

Seska
10-19-2002, 07:43 AM
Actually, its not coming out either on Gamecube OR on Xbox. This was recently confirmed by Acclaim, and people thought they canned it, but it appears Acclaim never confirmed that the title was in development for Xbox or Gamecube, though pages all over internet reported that it was. So technically its not canned, since you cant can what never was in development.

Check Friday or thursday's Gamespy Daily for the source, I cant be bothered to search for it. :p

Havoc2049
10-19-2002, 10:45 AM
In the new ads for Burnout 2, it only has the PS2 logo. I guess that means no Gamecube or Xbox version anytime soon. No big loss really, IMO. The first Burnout didn't sell too well on the Xbox and recieved just average reviews. With how quickly the second one is being released, I can't imagine Burnout 2 being some great finely tuned game.

Black Ace
10-19-2002, 11:21 AM
What a crime that is!

There's been a lot of reports this week stating Burnout 2 has been "canned" or "cancelled" but we bring new hope to the issue inside.

The reports circulating around the web this week say things such as Burnout 2 was "never in production" for the Gamecube, or even "wasn't even announced for the Gamecube." First off, it was very well announced for the Gamecube, and it wasn't just a thing people "assumed" (although many did just that). Here's the original headline of the press release from Criterion, developers of the game:

ACCLAIM ENTERTAINMENT, INC. RACES BACK TO RETAIL THIS FALL WITH 'BURNOUT 2: POINT OF IMPACT' ACROSS ALL NEXT-GENERATION PLATFORMS

The game left off Acclaim's newest release list? If you'll notice, the release list only went through February. The original Burnout on the Gamecube came six months after Burnout on the Playstation 2 (May 1st compared to November 1st). The newest word on the street is that Burnout 2 is just beginning production for the Gamecube and should be around in February or March (although nothing is for sure yet).

So it's true "production hasn't even started," but that's because basically the team is just getting around to it. We've have it on good sources that the reason it hasn't showed up is because Sony's requested a 6-month exclusive hold on the Playstation 2. That's one reason the headline from All Consoles to Playstation 2 changed in Acclaim's press release in comparison to the Criterion one. The newest version of IGN Unplugged also reaffirms our beliefs, stating that it's just been started in production. Look for further developments soon.

Seska
10-31-2002, 11:30 AM
AtariX did blabber:
The first Burnout didn't sell too well on the Xbox and recieved just average reviews. With how quickly the second one is being released, I can't imagine Burnout 2 being some great finely tuned game.

And since when are low sales indicative of how good/bad a game is? :D WEll I cant speak for the X-box version of Burnout, but the PS2 version was a damn blast. Ill definitely get a copy of Burnout 2. Burnout 1 was released approximately a year ago, I wouldnt call it such a damn fast follow-up. ;)