PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, XBox gets MGS3 exclusive

grahf
10-10-2002, 10:16 PM
It's finally happening. MS has finally buy exclusive rights to MG fanchise. I for one am stunned. Luckily it is only a short term exclusive. It will eventually come to other platforms. I must say, this is bold moves for MS. They must have gave Konami alot of money for this. I wonder if the Xbox port will look better than the PS2 version or what. Your thoughts?

http://www.mgs2online.f2s.com/viewnews.php?id=43&PHPSESSID=4fd787406292035039bb70d7ab50884c

Penance
10-10-2002, 10:26 PM
They must have gave Konami alot of money for this. I wonder if the Xbox port will look better than the PS2 version or what.

Probably not a huge differance. In an interview with Kojima a while ago, he said that the Xbox version of Substance won't be that much better. Mostly just the lighting, but then again, thats Substance, not MGS3. They would have more time to finish up the PS2 version.

DBJAY
10-11-2002, 11:11 AM
Splinter Cell is now an Xbox exclusive though. Substance is a "time" exclusive.

Kid0_oIcarus
10-11-2002, 11:38 AM
Splinter Cell will still hit the PC.... so non-Xboxers like me don't have to miss out...

Havoc2049
10-11-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Splinter Cell will still hit the PC.... so non-Xboxers like me don't have to miss out...

Ya, but then you will have to download all the patches to fix all the bugs.:D

Nindalf
10-11-2002, 02:12 PM
it beats spending tons of money to buy xbox :D

Kid0_oIcarus
10-11-2002, 03:56 PM
:D I just posted this because it seemed like a cool thing to do :D

Oh and maybe we'll get more features with the PC version? I really dunno.

Good looking out NiN.

crazytaxinext
10-14-2002, 10:37 AM
okay its been quite a few days since this "story" and I'm gunning on the Its BS slant. Everywhere else misses out on what would be one of the Xboxs biggest coups? I don't think so.

Monkey-King
10-16-2002, 04:54 PM
I think its great news for Xbox because it will sell units. And, honestly getting it first on one system or another will only be a short term boost for that system so it "not" the end of the world for rabid PS2 fans either.

I don't care what MS paid its worth it just to have the game exclusive for a few months in terms of hyping the system.

BUT.....
On the other hand MGS2 was sort of a let down for people in terms of story. Oh, it sold well and its a game people talk about but the shine is off the apple for many people in terms of it being the BEST GAME EVER. Konami will have to make a MUCH better game in terms of story & plot next time if they don't want to start destroying the series.

baratus
10-17-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Monkey-King
Konami will have to make a MUCH better game in terms of story & plot next time if they don't want to start destroying the series.

Yeah, just like they've destroyed the storyline of the Castlevania series.

Mr.Nemoperson
10-17-2002, 11:57 AM
this news seems kinda bs. no other site has come up with anything about this. Dont get me wrong its very possiable that mgs3 could come out on xbox first...in the US. after all konami released mgs2 in the us before the japaneses release due to higher sales expectations.

oh and didnt Kojima state just before the release of mgs2 that he wouldnt be making mgs3?

baratus
10-18-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Nemoperson
oh and didnt Kojima state just before the release of mgs2 that he wouldnt be making mgs3?

Looks like he saw someting green on a table. :D

Xelloss/Tsugaru
10-18-2002, 08:06 PM
How is that a bad thing?

Monkey-King
10-19-2002, 10:38 AM
Well, the fact of the matter is Kojima ISN'T making another MG game....but much of the development team as well as some new comers are. I WISH I could be sure that this is as a result of the rest of the team knowing Hideo screwed the last game up, but nobody is ever going to say that. In interviews it has come out that the team disagreed on topics like Raiden, but little has been said about how the rest of the team felt about the script.

If just one person in Konami would say, "Oh the script was horrible and the story was a big mistake." Well, then I would be happy and go on buying Konami products feeling good about it, but I'm sure they won't so I have to buy and feel rotten about it.

batistuta2x
10-23-2002, 01:22 PM
YOU ARE BANNED

Black Ace
10-23-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by DBJAY
Splinter Cell is now an Xbox exclusive though. Substance is a "time" exclusive.

DBJAY can you link me to an article where it says SC is Xbox exclusive?

Monkey-King
10-24-2002, 11:28 AM
That's funny I don't feel banned? Maybe a little peckish for some cheese....