Darkside Blues
Escaflowne
Rurouni Kenshin
Ah, My Goddess!
Alien 9
Yami no Matsuei

Seska
10-07-2002, 04:44 AM
Ther are many good series out there, but if tis actually STYLE you want, nothing beats Serial Experiments Lain. ITs Arthouse anime. It doesnt get anymore stylish or incomprehensible than that. :p

hgblob
10-07-2002, 09:39 AM
D'oh! You're right! I completely forgot about SE Lain!

ATMA
10-07-2002, 12:09 PM
Lain is a good one! deffently a different style!

I'll go with Ninja scroll this time, the way the story fits and told is just great and ofcourse the style of the action is just sweet!

aneep
10-07-2002, 11:29 PM
too add to my list

FLCL (very nice mix of background music and action, and Mamimi is very cute :))
Berserk(again, nice background music and action, very gory and ver nice storyline)

hmm looks like i have to check out Lain soon

-aneep-

Healin
10-14-2002, 10:18 AM
I've never seen the berserk animation before but I do own the manga - all 23 books of it (as of now). Have you guys seen bastard before? Its about this warlock and how he fights Angels and Demons. The story has progressed to the stage where the Angels wanna destroy mankind because they have tempered with a forbidden art... something like tapping energy from souls. The Devil leads his demons to conquer mankind and he has to fend off both. I have the manga and DVD. It kicks ass and I've been collecting the manga for like 14 years?

These 2 are my fave. One Piece is catching up too. Just could not resist a talking reindeer? Ha ha ha!!!

Robo Halloween
10-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Oh yes, Bastard!! is the most stylish. I've been reading the manga but in its american availability. Abigail hasn't been destroyed yet! I can't wait to see how the story progresses and whenever they will introduce Polno!

My other second fave stylish would have to be Cowboy Bebop. Its just sweet!

And I haven't seen any of the sequels, but the originals Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D are excellent.

Mohtools
11-01-2002, 11:23 PM
The best anime is Princess Mononoke. Hayao Miyazaki is the king of animes. Also grave of the fire flies was good. Hay did any one get to see blood: the last vamp, is it good? Hopefully by next week i will get all the samurai x cartoons, the 40 episodes and the 4 movies + blood.

Mohtools
11-01-2002, 11:28 PM
Don't forget Neon Genesis Evangelion, that was cool but still not like Grandizer. Grandizer in arabic lang. is sooooo good, much much better then tha english and the jap.

FumieHosokawa
11-01-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Mohtools
Grandizer in arabic lang. is sooooo good, much much better then tha english and the jap.

Wow, this beats even my preference for Shaw Bros. kung fu movies dubbed in English. Any particular reason why you liked it better in Arabic? I loved that show (I still have this great big poster by Go Nagai, I think), but don't remember it being all that stylish. Just pure giant-robot action: "Rainbow Beam! Double Sickle! Screw-crusher Punch!"

Mohtools
11-03-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by FumieHosokawa

Wow, this beats even my preference for Shaw Bros. kung fu movies dubbed in English. Any particular reason why you liked it better in Arabic? I loved that show (I still have this great big poster by Go Nagai, I think), but don't remember it being all that stylish. Just pure giant-robot action: "Rainbow Beam! Double Sickle! Screw-crusher Punch!"

It was the bomb, when i was 5 or 6 years old. i think if i watched it now it will not be that good. Same with devil man, i watched that again few days ago and it sucked.

typexig
11-04-2002, 04:01 AM
for me i'd go with X series, and trigun...i just started warching X and i loved it...i cant wait to buy the other episodes...ohhh and Initial D is tight too..the way they use cg in the racing scenes. dat was tight...=)

-Xig-

aneep
12-10-2002, 04:21 AM
replying to mohtools
blood the last vamp is not so good IMO storywise, but got lots of style, esp the intro

they should have expanded the story into an OVA, if not a full blown series IMO, so much potential

-aneep-

Olm52
12-10-2002, 10:09 AM
Those who hunt elves, Neon Genesis, wings of honneamise and castle of cagliostro (or any Lupin movie) are the best.

Mistatee
12-20-2002, 10:44 PM
There are alot of good anime
Trigun
Eascaflowne
Inuyasha
x
Vampire Hunter D
Rurouni Kenshin
Akira

Mistatee
12-20-2002, 10:45 PM
Damn i forgot to mention Beserker, oh well now i did!

aneep
03-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by aneep
replying to mohtools
blood the last vamp is not so good IMO storywise, but got lots of style, esp the intro

they should have expanded the story into an OVA, if not a full blown series IMO, so much potential

-aneep-

just read the manga version of Blood, heh now it is turned into a lesbian sex fest

oh well, the artist comissioned to do the manga was a hentai artist after all (Tamaoki Benkyo)

-aneep-

Robo Halloween
03-16-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by aneep
just read the manga version of Blood, heh now it is turned into a lesbian sex fest

Damn dude, now I need to buy this.:P

Mutter
03-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Killer 7 when its released on the Gamecube :P

OK it probably doesnt count but boy does it look funky.:D

gearhound1
03-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Hellsing is KILLER!!

Vegetto
03-17-2003, 01:03 AM
ONE PIECE!!!! INUYASHA!!! and......drum roll......COWBOY BEBOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and dont forget gundam wing

MysticLegolas
03-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Yu Yu
Dirty Pair
DBZ
Slayers

insteefy
03-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Lain made my head hurt :crazy:

If ur talking bout stylish; Spriggan was damn stylish if u ask me, damn good movie too..

gearhound1
03-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by insteefy
Lain made my head hurt :crazy:

If ur talking bout stylish; Spriggan was damn stylish if u ask me, damn good movie too..

yeah spriggan was really awesome:D