PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Legion

Sevket
10-03-2002, 11:57 PM
Well to be honest I am not too much into RPG's but this announcement from Capcom got me excited about it. It really looks stunning. Although altavista has not translated the webpage to english (I wonder why) here is some information about it(from gamers.com)

Today Capcom held an event in Japan to announce their game Chaos Legion, which is a brand new action-RPG for the PS2. CL is under development at Capcom's R&D6, which is based in Tokyo (as opposed to Capcom's usual digs in Osaka) and headed up by Yoshinori Ono.
The game, which is drawing comparisons as varied as Capcom's own Devil May Cry, Yuke's Sword of the Berserk, and Koei's Dynasty Warriors 3 is a large-scale action game with a serious fantasy tinge. The game's scenario is based on a popular series of novels in Japan, and stars a warrior named Sieg Wahrheit. He belongs to the "Black Seal Knights" (rough translation) and is dispatched to track down his friend Victor Delacroix, who's accused of breaking the tenets of a religious organization. This rivalry appears to be the main facet of the game's plot, as the official Japanese homepage's design is focused around it.

Like Capcom's popular Onimusha series, they're working popular Japanese actors into the game, although not as direct character facial models this time around (which means this isn't terribly exciting, news-wise, since the voices in the U.S. version will almost certainly be re-recorded.)

One important facet of the game is that Capcom is promising the movie scenes and game action will fade seamlessly into one another -- something none of their other games has really accomplished, even the beautiful GameCube edition of Resident Evil or PS2's stylish Devil May Cry.

The game offers action sequences of impressive scope, which is where the comparisons to Dynasty Warriors come in. You'll get the chance to mow down large groups of enemies on the battlefield, while also controlling ally characters to assist you during these melees.

The game is planned for Japanese release in Spring of 2003, with U.S. and Europe to follow (probably next fall.) The sales target of the game is 1 million units in its home territory and more abroad -- Capcom doesn't aim low, do they? Hopefully, more screens and concrete details will be released in the near future.
:haha:

Cobi*
10-04-2002, 12:59 AM
it's definately one to keep an eye on. i wonder why they didn't just tell us this one week ago at tgs ??? oh well, anything to get capcom out of it's current financial hole.

Sevket
10-04-2002, 06:28 AM
Well I guess it is never too late for an announcement from Capcom regarding a great game. I will be loyal to Capcom unless they are sold to Microsoft

ATMA
10-04-2002, 08:16 AM
Nah Capcom won't go to MS ..this game is just a proof ..they allready announced it for the PS2 they got the other one 7th target wich will be out next yr for the Cube and later for the ps2! We still got R.E 4 and DMC2 wich will also be out next year! So i guess those rumors were false!

aneep
10-04-2002, 07:36 PM
actually Capcom target 3 million :)

seriously
they are thinking of making this as big as DMC, Onimusha and Megaman (well that one was quoted in the article too)

-aneep-

flamingspiral
10-04-2002, 08:09 PM
The screen shots alone make me drool all over my keyboard. Though a long way away, I can't wait to see how this game turns out.

Sevket
10-05-2002, 12:47 AM
I hope this one will be really good so it will turn into a new series as you said it. A European relase is a must for this game too

Rubeus
10-05-2002, 01:33 AM
The character designs look kind of like the ones in Castlevania, do you think?

Sevket
10-05-2002, 01:43 AM
Well they must be inspired by Castlevania

Sevket
10-09-2002, 12:31 AM
Here is new artwork for the game

Victor Delacroix (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1597484&object_id=490621&channel_id=70&page_title=Chaos+Legion+Art&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2viewer&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fps2.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F49 0%2F490621.html)

Sieg Wahrheit (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1597485&object_id=490621&channel_id=70&page_title=Chaos+Legion+Art&adString=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2viewer&return_url=http%3A%2F%2Fps2.ign.com%2Fobjects%2F49 0%2F490621.html) :cool guy:

GodOfCookery
10-09-2002, 03:20 AM
Who ever came up with that stupid name sieg wahrheit should be punished till the end of time :)

Sevket
10-09-2002, 06:18 AM
Gamespot's New Screens (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,562317,00.html)

Sieg Wahrheit means"hail the truth" in German. Now you know why I guess

GodOfCookery
10-10-2002, 03:45 AM
Well actually it only means hail truth. As as normal the japanese have gramatical errors when they try to write german. hail the truth would mean Sieg die Wahrheit. But I guess they rather wanted to say Such die Wahrheit. Which means they tried to mix german with english and actually wanted to write seek wahrheit. (This would make at least more sense)

Sevket
10-10-2002, 06:40 AM
Why they choose a german name is way beyond me. ???

Cobi*
10-10-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Sevket
Why they choose a german name is way beyond me. ???

yes, good point. this is one thing i can't understand about japanese culture. where does the german influence come from? why germany?

Sevket
10-10-2002, 03:42 PM
Mediaval Knights in England does make perfect sense but not German Knights....Strange???

GodOfCookery
10-11-2002, 10:55 AM
That's an easy question. But before I'll get to this just some corrections on the name thing I did. Actually sieg wahrheit could also mean victory truth (and that again makes sense). As Sieg means in it's primary meaning Victory.

Now to the questions why Japanese often use German. Well if you remember WW II. Japan and German were allies and formed together with Italy the Axis members. So there was always a strong connection or at least good relationship between Germany and Japan. And there never was a good relationship between Japan and the States (so they rather prefer german to english, I would say).

Sevket
10-19-2002, 01:00 AM
There is some new info released on the game today but I guess all you have read it at the main page so there is no need to post it again. But the game is shaping up to be a really good one :cool guy:

Rubeus
10-19-2002, 01:05 AM
Is this the first time an adventure game to have summon beasts in the battle? It's kind of interesting to see how things work out.
:)

My prediction to the story: I think the Victor guy turned to the dark side in order to revive his "girlfriend" Sicla. Perhaps that sacred emblem will bring something bad to the world, and it is a turn around to have an evil emblem to bring peace back to the world????

What do you think?

Jagt Mirage
10-22-2002, 12:15 AM
The usage of German in Japanese games and anime isn't uncommon. Many manga artists and novellists use German names in their stories (eg: Xenosaga, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, FSS, Tale of 7 Cities etc..)

1st they figure none of their audience knows German in Japan (atleast not like English), so if they screwed up, its no big deal. 2nd, it takes a break from the endless Engrish in their games and make the title seem novel, or original. 3rd, some people think names are cool when they can't pronounce them.

Sevket
01-18-2003, 01:45 AM
It's been a long time I haven't came to this board. I just watched the Japanese Trailer for Chaos Legion yesterday and it looks awesome. Even though I would have preffered an english subtitled Trailer I still liked it. I cannot wait 4 this game :D

camac
01-21-2003, 09:41 AM
very interesting looking game. :cool guy: nice new idea, i'll be looking forward to it.

GodOfCookery
01-23-2003, 03:36 AM
Well after seeing the latest 4 game play movies I really am confused into which direction Chaos Legion is going? When I first read about Chaos Legion I thought it's going to be a RPG. But after seeing the gameplay movies it rather seems its going for a hack n' slay, smash em' all which reminds me a bit of Lord of the Rings Two Towers.