PDA

View Full Version : Is Phantasy Star Online the ONLY online game for GameCube?

Iori
04-26-2002, 12:35 AM
Is PSO the only GameCube game that is online? So far I haven't seen or hear anything.

ATMA
04-26-2002, 09:35 AM
I think at the moment PSO episode 1&2 is the only online game for the cube i can't remember another game that will come with the online options on the cube (keep in mind that PSO may come out before nintendo goes online ) And it was recently in the news that they were worrying about that and they didn't decide yet if they're gonna bring PSO before nintendo goes online or after ..but i think they decided allready cause PSO will come out in the japa land in the summer !!!:)

Badboon
04-26-2002, 10:34 AM
Even though Square is on speaking terms with Nintendo again, it seems EXTREMELY unlikely that Square Soft will be producing a GameCube version of its upcoming online Final Fantasy game (especially with Sony constantly whining about the idea of Square even thinking about producing Final Fantasy games for the GameCube), so it seems that so far PSO is indeed the only online GameCube game.
Sigh...

Pdaimaoh
04-26-2002, 07:34 PM
rumors STRONGLY suggest a MARIOKART cubed with online ability

I expect at least some OTHER games besides just PSOnline if it's announced in america
probably at E3
there should be a few games that'll be online around the same time

other than suspect, though, so far it's just PSonline

Badboon
04-27-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by Pdaimaoh
rumors STRONGLY suggest a MARIOKART cubed with online ability

An Online Mario Kart?! I've never heard of this rumour, but it sounds like a good game idea. I hope it is true.
It'd be nice if there were more racers as well, like Daisy, Kamek, and Waluigi for example.

Pdaimaoh
04-27-2002, 04:35 PM
I can't remember where, but I thought there was an interview with someone out of nintendo and they had strongly hinted that there was a mariokart game, and then it was hinted that it would be an online title...MAYBE...

Rubeus
04-29-2002, 10:07 PM
I think Rare has mentioned about making online games for GameCube, could it be a sequel to Perfect Dark or something?

Neologism
05-06-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Rebeus
I think Rare has mentioned about making online games for GameCube, could it be a sequel to Perfect Dark or something?

with the new perfect dark game SO far off...the possibility of it being secure for online play is pretty good i would guess? lets get the hype on perfect dark online going early so Rare can get the idea!! ;)

turkeyboy
05-07-2002, 02:59 PM
PSO is the only officially announced online game for the GC but I'm guessing that IF and when Nintendo makes an announcement about its online plans, they will announce a huge amount of games at the same time. I'm thinking that will be one of the BIG suprises from Nintendo at E3 this year.

TriForce
05-07-2002, 07:54 PM
You guys forget that M$ and Nintendo have very different ideas as to how they like to release news. M$ wants everything out there as soon as possible. Gates lives by the "There's no such thing as bad press" philosophy. Nintendo, on the other hand, keeps everything close to the vest until they feel it is appropriate to let the cat out of the bag.

hootie17
05-09-2002, 09:10 PM
1 & 2

Rubeus
05-10-2002, 01:06 PM
Isn't Capcom planning to bring Resident Evil Online to all platforms, including gamecube?

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 09:10 AM
Maybe. All I know is the RE Online will certainly be on the PS2.. maybe 'cube as well?

I know Square wanted to get FFXI on all consoles, as they said that'd be a better chance for success for their online game. I read over on Gamespot, though, that they plan to contnue their current level of support for the xbox though- namely.. zilch. Maybe it will come to the 'cube then?? Haven't heard anything about that tho.

WINDJAMMERS
05-29-2002, 12:47 PM
Capcom has some secret project for GC. Maybe it's an online game.

ATMA
05-29-2002, 12:56 PM
Well the Cube said they will go with the wait and see approach on the online plans for the Cube.They want to wait and see if this online gaming will be a good move or bad move!
Nintendo will concentrate more on just bringing games out!So maybe that's a reason why we are not hearing about online games for the Cube!!

Black Sugar
05-29-2002, 01:16 PM
don't expect a FFXI online on GC. Sony is enough angry at Square Soft at it is...lol!

Kid0_oIcarus
05-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Hehe, yeah, that's true. :D

I read about how the Sony was away when Square made the announcement. Caught them totally off guard.

Like watching a soap opera.