PDA

View Full Version : No Metal Gear for Japan

Black Ace
09-27-2002, 04:18 PM
Konami has removed Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty from their Xbox Japanese release list, Konami mentioned that if the hardware installed base for Xbox achieved a certain level, they will continue to publish game titles for the platform. Right now Konami will continue to publish Xbox game titles in North America and Europe.

This is from Magic Box

What are your thoughts?

Rubeus
09-28-2002, 02:45 AM
I think the game should be "Metal Gear Sold 2 Substance" not MGS2 Sons of Liberty.

gabriel
09-28-2002, 10:35 AM
I feel sorry for the few Japanese guys that did buy the XBox. It's kind of a paradox: Developers wont start putting out high profile games until the user base grows, but the user base wont grow until developers start putting out high profile games.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-28-2002, 02:16 PM
Indubitably ol' chap!

That same riddle has crossed my mind, as it really affects the GC, and doesn't really make sense, does it? You'd think people would be willing to take more risks...

Rubeus
09-28-2002, 02:28 PM
That's because Microsoft screwed up the Xbox launch in February and the two months after, there is only ONE system sellers and nothing came out after three months.

Normally a system should get a decent user base in the first three months if things are right. Just like the Gamecube caught up with sales in December with the release of Super Smash Bros Melee.

However, Microsoft screwed up big time with the disc scratching flaws in Japan, everyone scared off.

Originally posted by gabriel
I feel sorry for the few Japanese guys that did buy the XBox. It's kind of a paradox: Developers wont start putting out high profile games until the user base grows, but the user base wont grow until developers start putting out high profile games.

aneep
09-30-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Rebeus
That's because Microsoft screwed up the Xbox launch in February and the two months after, there is only ONE system sellers and nothing came out after three months.

Normally a system should get a decent user base in the first three months if things are right. Just like the Gamecube caught up with sales in December with the release of Super Smash Bros Melee.

However, Microsoft screwed up big time with the disc scratching flaws in Japan, everyone scared off.

come on, the scratching disc problem is as bad as bad opticals in the 1st DC :)

in other words, way overblown out of proportion

the bad thing was MS reacted wrongly to it IMO, they should have given the guarantee that they will replace the units affected instead of saying its not a problem (they did later, but by then, the problem already was widely reported in various media and the stigma of a botched launch already sets in)

they should remember, the customer is always right, even if they are wrong :)

-aneep-