PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Network / Broadband Adaptor - are you going to get it?

Iori
04-26-2002, 01:33 AM
It's a different story between Japan and US. The Japan side is launching the online service with a killer title - Final Fantasy XI. but for the US side, there are no AAA titles to launch, the only one comes close os SOCOM. I really don't know if I should get a PS2 Network adaptor, or I should wait until 2003 when FFXI comes out?

testtubebaby
04-26-2002, 02:04 AM
yea, i'll wait and buy it when there's a game i want to play it with...

which with probably end up being FFXI...

typexig
04-26-2002, 02:39 AM
ofcourse ofcourse ama get it..ama get it for FFXI, Resident Evil Online, SOCOM, GT4, Tokyo Extreme Racer Online, and more..

ATMA
04-26-2002, 10:20 AM
OFCOURSE I'LL GET IT !! Not only for FFXI but also for tokyo extreem racer zero ..some sports game
resident evil online !!And alot more ..i don't care if the AAA titles pop out in 2003 there's other games to play untill the must have titles pop out ..(XENOSAGA KINGDOM HEARTS .HACK ect ect)
but anyway back to the subject ..YEEEEEEAAAAAAH i'll buy it !!!! BEEFCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE :D

Dubkiller
04-26-2002, 08:44 PM
I doubt it at this point. I'm not really into online gaming, but I suppose my mind could be changed if the right game came along. Online console gaming needs to define itself apart from PC online gaming, IMHO. Just like the games themselves.

pfk
04-26-2002, 09:56 PM
of course there's no rush to buy stuff if you won't use it!!

but i'm definitely hyped up on SOCOM since i saw the thing on the OPM dvd :o)

i'm gonna buy the game and the adaptor on day 1 cuz this, to me is killer app!!

piyo
04-26-2002, 10:31 PM
I'm not going to buy it, because I don't like online RPG gaming. I like online First-Person Shooting (FPS) gaming like Unreal Tournament for PC, but that doesn't mean I'm going to get Halo and an Xbox for the online console experience.

I live in the target market of Japan, so I can see how it will develop. The game magazine I read (Weekly Famitsu) always has a 2 to 4 page blurb about Final Fantasy XI (Online), and it's been like that for many weeks now. There is a great demand for it, according to the weekly reader poll.

At any rate, I already have a broadband adapter (ethernet card) for my PS2 via the Linux Kit. But no games support it so I'm just bragging ;). I would really like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 to come out for Japan which I hear supports online gaming, but then maybe I should just get a PS2 from the U.S.

---
piyo quips "0wN3z j00, sUX0rz!!111!1!! gg" to all y'all online gamers out there

Burning Shingo
04-27-2002, 06:17 PM
Depending on the games released, I may buy one. I am still annoyed that Sony did not include a built-in adapter :mad:

PS2CUBED88
04-27-2002, 06:59 PM
I"m getting it on day 1 or a few weeks later For games like socom and sports. but residant evil and gt4 well rock the cashba for me. I expect some great thigns to come from online i hope to get broadband to.