PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Amazon.com For Promoting and Aiding Child Molesters and Rapists.

Overlord
09-27-2002, 02:19 AM
It's a free society and people can write what they wish and sell what books they like. However we consumers also have a right to boycott retailers and that's what I'm going to do with Amazon.com. I will not purchase any product from their website until they stop selling and promoting the book, "Understanding Loved Boys and Boylovers," by David L. Riegel.

This disgusting piece of crap of a book tries to normalize child molestation and rape. An example of from the book, "Men who sexually pursue young boys are not monsters, but sincere, concerned, loving human beings who simply have a sexual orientation that is neither understood nor accepted by most others."

One of the many disgusting reviews from Amazon.com, One reviewer wrote, "As a pedophile myself, I found this book to be enlightening in my quest to truly come to terms with my own sexuality."

-Article. (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=29065)

Your Thoughts?

Alucard
09-27-2002, 05:28 AM
Sadly Amazon could care less. Though I'd have loved to see how they'd pass by if they were based in Europe or some other country other then America. Then they'd have a problem.

Seska
09-27-2002, 08:29 AM
What can I say, its a free world and people are free to write as they please as long as no one was harmed in the process of writing. There are plenty of "Anarchist Cookbooks" out there as well that tell you how to blow up a building with items found in your average kitchen, and while such "informative" pieces of filth remain works that I certianly have no interest in reading, I am sure some people (for whatever reason it may be) will have interest in reading such books.

When dealing with such issues, you really have to remeber there are several levels to fantasy and reality. You may have your average freak who dreams a lot about killing his boss in the most gruesome ways, but never goes through with it. Likewise I am sure there are plenty of "Boylovers" who never coss that border into reality and into illicity, yet want to get informed.

As I write this I find its very hard to write about such issues, casue its on appearance a very "black or white" subject. Either you are with them or against them.

I am an advocate for freedom of speech and opinion, and against censorship. That does not mean I am an advocate of freedom of action, do not get it confused. I am all for some guy who is obsessed with sleeping with underages to write WHY he feels that way, but I would not tolerate him actually DOING it.

To deprive a person of information, whatever it may be, is a terrible waste, in my view. Just as we dont censor Mein Kampf under the pretense that it fosters people to become like Hitler, I don't see why this book should be banned either.

I am sure such publications are available easily from other sources, people are just makig a huge fuss about it because its avaialble on a big outlet like Amazon. Ignore it and it will go away.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-27-2002, 09:47 AM
Does this have anything to do with the ridiculous banning of certain books from libraries?

Alucard
09-28-2002, 10:53 AM
I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times GET OUT OF MY CROP FIELDS!!!!