PDA

View Full Version : Great Chase at IGN Gameboards!

Nindalf
09-24-2002, 03:02 PM
I visited IGN gameboards and checked which Games there had most replies and heres the top 3

1. Final Fantasy 67,054 posts
2. Pokemon 66,850 posts
3. Animal Crossing 65,593 posts

It is interresting coz not long ago AC had about 30-40thousand posts and now it has passed GTA(61,566 posts)

How long do you think it takes until it catches Pokemon and FF?

(Can you see that i am bored?)
:P

Black Ace
09-24-2002, 03:05 PM
I was a frequent Animal Crossing board visitors before the game was release. The board had about 15,000 posts and since its release, its has grown to be the fastest Game Board discussion board. Its getting about 3000 posts daily.

Nindalf
09-24-2002, 03:17 PM
Here is top 5 for amount of topics:

1. Animal Crossing 5,946
2. GTA 2,093
3. Golden Sun 1,746
4. Halo 1,730
5.Black & White 1,706

AC is dominating!:D

Overlord
09-24-2002, 10:57 PM
Just wait till Vice City comes out. The boards are going to be insane.

Nindalf
09-25-2002, 01:20 PM
Update:Animal Crossing has passed Pokemon and FF!
Top3:
1. Animal Crossing 69,199 posts
2. Final Fantasy 67,125 posts
3. Pokemon 66,807 posts

Interesting!This should be an olympic event!:P

Rubeus
09-25-2002, 05:22 PM
What is Animal Crossing about? I have heard about the game several times but I have no clue what is the gameplay about?

Kid0_oIcarus
09-25-2002, 06:05 PM
Heehee, another seeks wisdom.

Hear ye, oh Rebeus!
Imagine a game where each minute of your life is a minute in another world. While you're at work, at school, or wherever- daily life goes on in a little town only you know exists! Your mission- to live life in this world as you see fit, visit as often as you'd like. Just as in the real world, life goes on and nothing is for certain. Go nuts! Don't clean your house? Roaches move in. Too tired to decorate? Live in a bare shack. Always wanted a tumble weed in your house? It's in there. Be rude to the neighbors. They'll be rude to you! Go catch bugs, hunt for fossils, go fishing, or play on your NES! ;) Visit your friend's town! Steal his oranges, and anger his neighbors! Trade items with him! Oh, the possibilites! :P

The plot? There is none. Oh.. and the ending won't be seen for thirty years! That's thirty years from now.. yeah.. irl! :D It IS crazy!!

Seriously though- this, above all games, is a game that only you will have experience. Don't take anyone else's word for it.. go and try it. Rent it first. Go out and buy it. Borrow it. Play on a friend's copy. Whatever.. just don't miss out.

Oh.. and ignore that graphics and sounds while you're at it. :D

Rubeus
09-25-2002, 10:40 PM
This game should really be an online game in the first place, the concept fits perfectly with on-line.

Is Nintendo making Animal Crossing Online?

Black Ace
09-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Rumored has it that not only Nintendo is working AC online, but also Wars Online, Mario Kart Online, and Mario Party online.

Nindalf
09-26-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Heehee, another seeks wisdom.

Hear ye, oh Rebeus!
Imagine a game where each minute of your life is a minute in another world. While you're at work, at school, or wherever- daily life goes on in a little town only you know exists! Your mission- to live life in this world as you see fit, visit as often as you'd like. Just as in the real world, life goes on and nothing is for certain. Go nuts! Don't clean your house? Roaches move in. Too tired to decorate? Live in a bare shack. Always wanted a tumble weed in your house? It's in there. Be rude to the neighbors. They'll be rude to you! Go catch bugs, hunt for fossils, go fishing, or play on your NES! ;) Visit your friend's town! Steal his oranges, and anger his neighbors! Trade items with him! Oh, the possibilites! :P

The plot? There is none. Oh.. and the ending won't be seen for thirty years! That's thirty years from now.. yeah.. irl! :D It IS crazy!!

Seriously though- this, above all games, is a game that only you will have experience. Don't take anyone else's word for it.. go and try it. Rent it first. Go out and buy it. Borrow it. Play on a friend's copy. Whatever.. just don't miss out.

Oh.. and ignore that graphics and sounds while you're at it. :D

I couldn?t have said it better myself Kid0_oIcarus!
:big smile :cool guy: