PDA

View Full Version : Uwe Boll to direct HALO?

Seska
09-18-2005, 05:25 AM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/

That link leads to IMDB's Uwe Boll filmography, where Halo proudly appears.

Oh yes, we want a quality production, it has to be done well or not at all... MS should have thought about those words before signing up THE BOLL to do their precious Halo movie. :haha:

Drunken Savior
09-18-2005, 05:29 AM
Wow.....MS paid one million to have a script made and $37.50 to hire a director. What. The. ****?

Alucard
09-18-2005, 05:34 AM
The Halo fans will EMBRACE Boll as the greatest video game director of this generation and label the new movie as CLASSIC!! :D

Nindalf
09-18-2005, 05:34 AM
Can't anyone update IMDB? Could be, and most likely is, fake.

burpingcat
09-18-2005, 05:45 AM
Uwe Boll is the genius of video game movies. Without him, people might actually start believing that movies based on games are great idea.

Escaflowne2001
09-18-2005, 06:16 AM
Normally I'd right it off as fake but...

Mistatee
09-18-2005, 07:00 AM
One man is making 5 movies based on videogames... One of them has to be good. Maybe Far Cry...
I just know it wont be damn bloodrayne!

Escaflowne2001
09-18-2005, 10:43 AM
The rest are all true, I hope Fear Effect will be fairly good so SCI Games can make a new Fear Effect game aswell.

Alucard
09-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Expecting ANY movie from Boll to be good is just plain stupid. He's had a half dozen strikes to his name of crap. The problem is he thinks he's AWESOME and its always the writers fault.

Dr. Bombay
09-18-2005, 12:30 PM
No...the guy who directed 28 days later and Millions is doing Halo.

Uwe Boll is doing Dougeon Seige.

Alucard
09-18-2005, 12:42 PM
The WRITER of 28 days is doing Halo. Uwe Bol is still DIRECTING it.

ryanwho
09-18-2005, 03:37 PM
The WRITER of 28 days is doing Halo. Uwe Bol is still DIRECTING it.
Wow haha what a tag team. Im convinced this movie will be worse than The Sound of Thunder, I gotta see it. Gigli, Showgirls, they aint got **** on "da Boll".

Joe Redifer
09-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Having Uwe Boll direct Halo is the only way to ensure that the movie sucks as much as the games. :)

Thunder Force 6
09-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Uwe Bol is directing the Halo movie.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Dr. Bombay
09-18-2005, 08:01 PM
With the stink that bungiee and Microsoft made over the movie, you'd think they have more foresight then this.

Maybe he'll blame microsoft if the movie sucks, just like he blamed Sega for House of the dead sucking.

But I can't help but think this isn't true. IMDB is REALLY REALLY bad when it comes to listing who's connected with a project before it begins. Remember what they did with Naruto?

Let's wait until production starts.

Keits
09-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Having Uwe Boll direct Halo is the only way to ensure that the movie sucks as much as the games. :)

Can I get an 'Amen', my brothahs!?

Alucard
09-18-2005, 09:05 PM
I dont recall IMDB ever being innacurate. When they change a director or writer, it goes up. For now its Bol. All you Halo whores need to come to the conclusion that the movie will suck just as much as the game, which means its a perfect combination :D

Mistatee
09-18-2005, 11:26 PM
So its gonna be awesome then? Right behind the Quake 3 movie im waiting for.

burpingcat
09-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Gigli wasn't that bad of a movie. It was a pretty strange movie, yeah, but that just makes it unusual. I've seen many movies that are far worse than Gigli.

Alucard
09-19-2005, 01:10 AM
har har burpingcat owns gigli dvd

Keits
09-19-2005, 02:12 AM
har har burpingcat owns gigli dvd

Is that starring Benifer?

Alucard
09-19-2005, 02:29 AM
You win prize

burpingcat
09-19-2005, 03:15 AM
Nah, I keep my DVD collection trim down to movies that I really like and would watch more than once rather than a big library of stuff that I might not even take the plastic wrapping off of.

With that said, let me reiterate that Gigli was not the worst movie I've ever rented, which was disappointing and satisfying at the same time. I really don't understand why this movie was acclaimed as the worst movie ever, although it's probably because it was pretty damn vulgar for being a romantic comedy.

Sinful Sam
09-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Alone in the Dark is such a ****y movie. It must have been the worst two hours of my life.

Mistatee
09-19-2005, 07:54 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143968

Bask in the glory as 1up says Halo has a chhance of being good

Dr. Bombay
09-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Told you. IMDB has been wrong a lot lately.

Alucard
09-20-2005, 01:26 AM
Noones wrong untill we're given a concrete name. For now its Uwe Boll. As much as I'd like to trust those useless fanboys over at 1Up who are generally known to be..well..CRAP, Uwe Boll it is for now! Poor Hlo fans really want their movie to be good. Not gonna happen.

Mistatee
09-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Theres no way one man can create 6 good movies in one year....oh wait i see what hes trying to do...

Anyways, nobody has been named, and Uwe Boll had denied even wanted to participate.

Cmon pick it up James Cameron!!!

Nindalf
09-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Told you. IMDB has been wrong a lot lately.

I told you first. I win the official no life prize.

Bounty Hunter#1
09-20-2005, 08:05 PM
I should be the damn directer of the Halo movie. :irked:

He needs to quit his day job and go back to a school where they teach people to be professional directors.

Wait, it might be good?!!
Hmmm...

BlindMaphisto
09-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Noones wrong untill we're given a concrete name. For now its Uwe Boll. As much as I'd like to trust those useless fanboys over at 1Up who are generally known to be..well..CRAP, Uwe Boll it is for now! Poor Hlo fans really want their movie to be good. Not gonna happen.

If it helps this quote from Bungie went up Friday.

Joe has nothing new to say about the movie right now, and as usual, says there will be something soon. He did point out that officially and absolutely, the Uwe Boll thing on IMDB was a mistake by them. IMDB is sort of like Wikipedia in that it is able to assemble all sorts of awesome information from all sorts of sources, but very occasionally gets things a mite wrong. Don?t worry IMDB, we love you dearly.

Escaflowne2001
09-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Damn and now I'm so disapointed he can go back to rapping Far Cry now as that's the next one he's making after Bloodrayne and Dungeon Seige are out.

BlindMaphisto
09-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Somebody needs to do something about this man, and do it hard.

Alucard
09-24-2005, 04:54 PM
It wont be Halo without Boll. Im gonna make a petition!

BlindMaphisto
09-24-2005, 05:16 PM
I could tell you were heart broken.

Sinful Sam
09-24-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm still not going to expect much for this movie even if Uwe Boll is not directing it.

Beam
09-25-2005, 02:14 PM
now you would think that microsoft had more sense than to hire boll,but then again they decided to release two different 360 packages.so go figure?

bill gates must trying a new business approach called dumb-arseness,he is allowing too much creative control going on in his games division.

Mistatee
09-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Dumb-arseness started when MS raped the Console Mech assualt (warrior) and Crimson Sky games. This is just step 2. I anticipate a love scene between Master Chief and Cortana. I also suspect an on-screen cameo by Gates himself. Even gates could be MC.....

Beam
09-25-2005, 04:26 PM
:lol: ROFL @ mistatee so true. :lol:

BlindMaphisto
10-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Universal Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox announced today that triple-Academy Award winners Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh will serve as the executive producers of HALO, the upcoming feature film based on Microsoft?s phenomenally popular video game from Bungie Studios.

Jackson and Walsh will provide creative counsel on all aspects of the film via their WingNut Films banner, and Jackson?s award-winning companies Weta Digital Ltd. and Weta Workshop Ltd. will provide creatures, miniatures and visual effects for the production. The HALO agreement marks the first time that Jackson and Walsh have performed these services on a major studio film that Jackson is not directing.

Mary Parent and Scott Stuber will produce HALO with Peter Schlessel. After Fox, led by President Hutch Parker and Universal, led by Production President Donna Langley, acquired the feature film rights to HALO, the studios worked in conjunction with Schlessel in reaching out to a number of producers who auditioned for Microsoft/Bungie. The film is currently targeted for a Summer 2007 worldwide release. Universal will handle domestic distribution of the film, and Fox will handle the international release.

This unique alliance among Fox, Universal, Microsoft, and Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh promises a step forward in motion picture production. HALO will benefit from the experience and resources of the film studios, from Bungie Studios? groundbreaking vision, and from Jackson and Walsh?s creative sensibilities and expertise in both traditional filmmaking and the world of emerging digital technologies.

HALO will be shot in its entirety in Wellington, New Zealand and will make use of the full range of Jackson?s state-of-the-art production and post-production facilities, including Weta Digital Ltd., Weta Workshop Ltd., Stone Street Studios and Park Road Post.

?As a gaming fan, I?m excited to bring HALO's premise, action and settings to the screen with all the specificity and reality today?s technology can provide,? said Jackson. ?Fran and I are intrigued by the unique challenges this project offers, and we?re delighted to be working again with our friends at Universal, and with our new ones at Fox and Microsoft. I?m a huge fan of the game and look forward to helping it come alive on the cinema screen.?

Tom Rothman and Jim Gianopulos, Co-Chairmen of Fox Filmed Entertainment remarked, ?HALO, Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh, Fox, Universal and Microsoft. That is one hell of a starting five, and we can't wait to play.?

?I couldn?t be more pleased, or proud, to continue our relationship with Peter and Fran on this film,? said Stacey Snider, Chairman of Universal Pictures. ?There are no filmmakers who better understand the delicate balance between technology and drama, and how the best use of today?s astonishing digital tools is in the service of not only spectacle but also a solid story. We are confident that the HALO feature film can be most fully realized under the creative direction of Peter, Fran and Weta.?

?Peter Jackson is one of Hollywood?s most exciting innovators, and our partnership with him will greatly broaden the appeal of the HALO franchise,? said Bill Gates, Microsoft?s Chairman and Chief Software Architect. ?We?re confident he?ll create an epic that not only thrills existing HALO fans, but also introduces millions of moviegoers around the world to this amazing saga.?

Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh (each a winner of three Academy Awards? for their work on The Lord of the Rings trilogy) are currently in post-production on Universal Pictures? dramatic adventure King Kong, in which Jackson brings his sweeping cinematic vision to the iconic story of the gigantic ape captured in the wild and brought to civilization where he meets his tragic fate. Jackson assumes directing, producing and co-screenwriting duties on King Kong and surrounds himself with a list of superlative filmmaking and acting talents. Jackson re-teams with longtime collaborators Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, co-writing the screenplay with three-time Oscar ?-winning partner Walsh and their The Lord of the Rings co-writer, Academy Award? winner Boyens. Jan Blenkin, Carolynne Cunningham, Fran Walsh and Jackson are producing the film under their WingNut Films banner for a worldwide December 14, 2005 release.

Acclaimed screenwriter (28 Days Later) and novelist (The Beach) Alex Garland wrote the original feature film adaptation of HALO, and a director will be announced shortly.

Donna Langley, President of Production, Universal Pictures and Hutch Parker, President of Twentieth Century Fox, will oversee the production for their respective studios along with Microsoft. Bungie Studios (a division of Microsoft) created the international award-winning ?Halo? in 2001, and the resulting franchise is supported by a rabid fanbase around the globe. ?Halo? and its 2004 follow-up ?Halo 2? have sold a combined 13.8 million copies worldwide and grossed more then $600 million (U.S.). Last November, ?Halo 2? shattered records with $125 million in first-day sales.

Obligatory out of quotes text.

Alucard
10-05-2005, 04:15 AM
w00t! At least now I can be promised of awesome legendary effects and CG for the film. I'm half interested now.

burpingcat
10-05-2005, 04:27 AM
What the hell? When did Peter Jackson turn into George Lucas?

Also...if you want a Far Cry movie, just watch Commando.

Vegetto
10-07-2005, 12:24 AM
wow peter jackson huh, ive readin this all over the place now, im acually interested now

spider-prime
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I hope Uwe Boll plays Master chief and boxs nerds from the internet into thinking he's tough.