PDA

View Full Version : New Tenchu and Armore Core 4 for 360 & PS3

DBJAY
09-16-2005, 01:07 PM
http://www.fromsoftware.jp/main/press_rel.html

From Software sure loves those mech game! I'm more interested to see how Tenchu turns out.

Decado
09-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I'd normally be upset that they're multiplatforming those games (Tenchu flopped on the Xbox and it isn't like AC would sell any better), but they sucked this entire generation, so I expect that to continue (if not worsen).

burpingcat
09-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah...two game series that haven't changed much since day 1.

Escaflowne2001
09-16-2005, 02:36 PM
If it doesn't need fixing don't fix it, great news indeed good to see the XB360 getting alot more loving even if there multiplatform games.

Nem
09-16-2005, 02:38 PM
I'd normally be upset that they're multiplatforming those games (Tenchu flopped on the Xbox and it isn't like AC would sell any better), but they sucked this entire generation, so I expect that to continue (if not worsen).

Stop pulling wrong preconceptions outta your hat. If they are making sequals its cause the games sell. Geez... where does this general idea that a game only sells if it hits the half million mark comes from?...

Anyways im taking both. Just havent picked the system yet. I bet were not gonna get the tenchu level editor again for no good reason.

Escaflowne2001
09-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Stop pulling wrong preconceptions outta your hat. If they are making sequals its cause the games sell. Geez... where does this general idea that a game only sells if it hits the half million mark comes from?...

I imagine he mines in the US/Europe hell I've only ever seen Silent Line: Armored Core in PAL on Play.com nowhere else not exactly the sign of a good seller. As much as I want them to be there not. Tenchu does better here though...

Decado
09-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Stop pulling wrong preconceptions outta your hat. If they are making sequals its cause the games sell. Geez... where does this general idea that a game only sells if it hits the half million mark comes from?... Read before replying. :sweat:

burpingcat
09-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Armored Core and Tenchu are two games that DEFINITELY need fixing, especially Tenchu. Tenchu is still the same broken stealth game that it's been since its first game. You can run right into a guard and as long as you just walk away, it's like nothing ever happened. All they'll do is yell "Azumi Ninja!" and then go back to patrolling. Not to mention the actions for sneaking around have not advanced at all since Tenchu 1. It's still the same clumsy thing.

What's even worse about this "stealth game" is that you are rewarded for killing guards by getting new abilities. The game essentially turns into running through a level and killing everybody, instead of sneaking around and figuring out a way to get past guards...there's no real challenge to it.

Seska
09-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Armored Core has become the Gran Turismo of mech lovers. Ltos of mech tuning, customization, painjobs, all you want, then you get to test your baby out in the arena to unlock more stuff.

Im sure its great for the mech lovers, but for everyone else its dull. The game needs a good plot, progressive storyline, good presentation (like in ZOE2) and THEN it will be worth getting.

As for Tenchu, eh, dunno, I enver liked the series, I guess I kept comparing it to Thief and it always ended up losing.

ryanwho
09-16-2005, 07:48 PM
I thought front mission was the GT for mech lovers. Is it more customizable than Front Mission mechs?(never played these games)

burpingcat
09-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Im sure its great for the mech lovers, but for everyone else its dull. The game needs a good plot, progressive storyline, good presentation (like in ZOE2) and THEN it will be worth getting.

As for Tenchu, eh, dunno, I enver liked the series, I guess I kept comparing it to Thief and it always ended up losing.

I've said this in another thread- I used to love Armored Core. And then something amazing happened- I played better robot games! I like the customization in Armored Core, but the game refuses to change (read as IMPROVE) much at all despite sequel after sequel. It feels like the same damn game over and over, with the same bad control issues. AND they keep omitting online play for the US, despite the fact that it's been in like 3 of them now in Japan.

As for Tenchu losing to Thief, that's not surprising. Tenchu is pretty much the bottom of the barrel when it comes to stealth games.

spider-prime
09-16-2005, 08:12 PM
excellent, now there's one game I don't have to buy for just one system.

now I will just have to wait for them to say that MGS4 and fatal Frame 4 and a few other games are out for the other systems and I will be able to really make my decision :D of either 360 or the PS3, price will be the real thing that makes me buy which one.

unless they all come out for the REV, then I won't have to :D

Robo Halloween
09-17-2005, 12:14 AM
So when the **** are these people going to work on Otogi 3?

Seska
09-17-2005, 04:03 AM
I thought front mission was the GT for mech lovers. Is it more customizable than Front Mission mechs?(never played these games)

About on the same level, but its AC is more about driving and riding your mech, while FM is more about SRPG fights, which are nowhere near as intense.

Nem
09-17-2005, 12:55 PM
If it doesn't need fixing don't fix it, great news indeed good to see the XB360 getting alot more loving even if there multiplatform games.

And guilty gear Isuka only came out in italy. We cant know just watching the situation in the UK. Besides i saw it on sale in stores here too. But i say this: A game doesnt have to sell half a million to make a profit.

Read before replying.

What are you getting all arrogant for? What you said isnt true. Tenchu didnt flop in the Xbox and thats why they are making the new one for the 360. I actually have the superior Xbox version of the game (compared to the PS2) and i saw it on sale everywhere.

Mistatee
09-17-2005, 02:25 PM
AC = Good if they get the contols better (IE Dual shock - bad, Xbox hopefully does better)
Tenchu = bad...tomb raider bad. First was good, and its been downhill since

And i also agree, where is OTOGI 3!!!!!!!