PDA

View Full Version : what happend to "fanboy"??

FinalSolace2
09-09-2005, 07:52 PM
is it me or has the whole fanboy thing really deminished.

is this new social eqality? or dont people really care anymore??

i dont really care if your a sony or MS or PC whore.

occasionally you will get a new user taking flash words they discoved in a hypey sort of magazine and post it in awestrucness- but people dont debate on their blind obsession anymore

is nintendo love simmering down

is sony love getting old and boring??

is PC all clone FPS's and MMORPG's?

is microsoft just crap??

Joe Redifer
09-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Fanbois are still around, its just that their consoles are all dying and already decomposing. You'll see them back in full force when the PS3 and Xbox360 are all out.

Reality
09-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Lets recap and try to think back on the fanboys we had here. Ahhh, yes, Vert1. That was a fanboy twice painted over.

ryanwho
09-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Its hard to still be a fan when there are so few truely great exclusive console games anymore that warrant acting like a jackass.

Stalin
09-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Lets recap and try to think back on the fanboys we had here. Ahhh, yes, Vert1. That was a fanboy twice painted over.

VErt1 was my all time favorite poster.

Alucard
09-10-2005, 04:33 AM
And we got rid of him with much joy. Fanboys who take it to the annoying level, eg gamefaqs/IGN standard, generally get warned to STFU or leave. If they keep it up they get banned. Aaaaah we banned sooo many in our time... In MY time! The current mods are a bunch of girls!

Seska
09-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Your golden days are over, oldtimer! Back to the common room with you, Bill and Atma are waiting for you to start a game of cribbage!

Nem
09-10-2005, 12:01 PM
the debate reminds me of the current conotation of "gimmick". A "gimmick" is seen has something bad right now. Wich obviously is stupid. Its usually a fast toss weapon of PSP fanboys users against DS users. But you know what? Every portable is a "gimmick". Every PDA, PSP, DS or discman or walkman or whatever they are: all gimmicks. So why give a bad conotation to the word? It really makes no sense to me... dont understand where the insult is in that... its like saying "hey ur console is stupid cause its a portable, but my portable is better". Makes no sense does it?

Paper exe
09-10-2005, 02:11 PM
These fanboys made me actually think that the word ?gimmick? means bad. Fanboys are education enemies!

welshfreak
09-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Remember Bashing u? :kill: :kill:

MarionetteKazuk
09-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Remember Bashing u? :kill: :kill:
Boy I tell you, that was a saga. But I'm glad he's gone :D

Drunken Savior
09-10-2005, 03:12 PM
And we got rid of him with much joy. Fanboys who take it to the annoying level, eg gamefaqs/IGN standard, generally get warned to STFU or leave. If they keep it up they get banned. Aaaaah we banned sooo many in our time... In MY time! The current mods are a bunch of girls!

Hey! (Points to his title) I banned Vert twice! It was like putting him on death row, pardoning him, and then throwing him back when he committed the same crime immediately after release. Besides....we all know what happened after that....mwa ha ha (laughs even more)

MarionetteKazuk
09-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Hey! (Points to his title) I banned Vert twice! It was like putting him on death row
Hold my hands boss.... *from the green mile :D *

, pardoning him, and then throwing him back when he committed the same crime immediately after release. Besides....we all know what happened after that....mwa ha ha (laughs even more)
To what occasion do I owe that evil laugh to? What happened afterwards?

Sk8_or_DIE
09-10-2005, 05:11 PM
all of you are a bunch of raging homosexual fanboys
hows that for ol'school yo?

Xero
09-10-2005, 05:54 PM
I really really miss Vert1's posts, was like a friggin' sitcom with him around lol. Fanboyism...

Dr. Bombay
09-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Just popped into 1-up.com's forums.

I think all the fanboys went over there. The way some of those people talk about the Ps3, you'd think there would be a digital vagina slot you can insert your penis in in order to make sweet love with your $400+ console.

MarionetteKazuk
09-10-2005, 06:27 PM

I think all the fanboys went over there. The way some of those people talk about the Ps3, you'd think there would be a digital vagina slot you can insert your penis in in order to make sweet love with your $400+ console.
ROFLMFAO. Who knows, maybe one of those fanboys may actually try to mod the ps3 so it'll have a vagina.

ryanwho
09-10-2005, 06:29 PM
ROFLMFAO. Who knows, maybe one of those fanboys may actually try to mod the ps3 so it'll have a vagina.
"No its MY turn with the sex box! And her name is Sony."

MarionetteKazuk
09-10-2005, 06:54 PM
"No its MY turn with the sex box! And her name is Sony."
LOL. Even family guy is cutting up on sony. They just showed that episode recently too on CN.

justin_credible
09-10-2005, 08:40 PM
You're all abuncha gaymers

and this is your favorite site and homepage http://www.gaymer.org/index1.html

MarionetteKazuk
09-10-2005, 08:54 PM

Here's one of my all time favorite sites. Brace yourselves
BAWWWWWWWWWWWW
http://www.the-magicbox.com

FinalSolace2
09-11-2005, 04:34 PM

no way! dude

Xero
09-11-2005, 04:56 PM

I wouldn't be surprised -__-;

Seraph
09-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Who was vert1 !!!!1!1!!!111

I cant find any of his posts on this board, can somebody link me to one?

Why have I been compared to him? Am I next?

Meshugana
09-11-2005, 05:42 PM

STOP!!!!!!!!! dont try and find em!!! he sucked

Magnus
09-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Talking about old Vert1 I ended up doing a post history thread for him and came across the "Will PSP's flaws repeat handheld history?" thread. Wow. 16 pages of pure crap from a whole bunch of people and so many missed banning opportunities :(

MarionetteKazuk
09-11-2005, 10:21 PM

I can't remember who and exactly which thread, but i disagreed with someone and they said I'm similar to vert1. From what I know he was kinda like bashingu. God knows I had a few online brawls with bshingu. ;)

B.B. Gambini
09-12-2005, 08:52 AM
i see fanboys in this very thread :lol:

Seraph
09-12-2005, 09:44 AM
Ok fine, don?t tell me about him :sweat:

Does anyone think the term fanboy is thrown around way to much now? If somebody simply says ?I like _____?s system, but I don?t like _____?s system? you can almost count on somebody who disagrees popping in and spamming ?fanboy fanboy fanboy?

And it's ok to buy something from a company on brand name alone, that?s not called fanboyisim. Say you bought a wrench from Craftsman tools, and really enjoyed it. In 5-10 years when that wrench finally breaks and it's time to get a new one, it's not fanboyish to buy another Craftsman wrench because you think to yourself ?man, that wrench was built with quality and lasted me a long time, I trust Craftsman?s workmanship, I would buy from them again.?

It's almost like there is no easier way to diminish somebody?s credibility than to call them a fanboy.

Magnus
09-12-2005, 10:57 AM
I agree. Just look at this fanboy reply in the thread:
:P

B.B. Gambini
09-12-2005, 12:53 PM
shut up magnus...:lol:

Renegade X
09-12-2005, 11:04 PM

Your not as bad as he was but you do have your vert1 moments... He was a nimrod who was Nintendo's personal whore/lapdog. Not matter what Nintendo did, it was pure gold, and if a game got dropped from Nintendo's line up, if it was made by somebody other than one of Nintendo's development teams, they where instant idiots who didn't know how to make a good game. Pretty much, he was your dyed in the wool Nintendo Trollboy...

Trust me, if somebody tells you your being like Vert1, thats when it's time to re-evaluate your point of view or your passion behind it.