PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear and the 360.

The Prince
09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
With MGS2: Substance and MGS3: Subsistence coming to Xbox, do you think that a new version of MGS4 will come to 360?

Dr. Bombay
09-09-2005, 02:18 PM
A version of subsistence will probably come out on x360 just due to the fact that a port will soak up a lot of revenue.

But as far as I know, Subsistance for xbox or x360 hasn't been announced yet.

Decado
09-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't expect to see another MGS game on a M$ system. MGS2: Substance was just too big a failure.

Reality
09-09-2005, 03:54 PM
The same can be said for Nintendo's console. Twine Snakes was a bit of a bomb. The playstation just seems like the best home for this series because it can actaully sell on it.

Sinful Sam
09-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Twin Snakes was a crappy remake. It just had prettier graphics with nothing added to the story and it didn't look as good as MGS2 for PS2.

Zod
09-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Twin Snakes was a crappy remake. It just had prettier graphics with nothing added to the story and it didn't look as good as MGS2 for PS2.

Yah it only took one of the best PS1 games ever and cleaned it up...........

I thought it kicked ass. With remakes, I prefer them simply cleaning up things like graphics. It's a hell of a lot better than coming in and doing unwanted changes that could take away from the game.

Decado
09-09-2005, 06:15 PM
The same can be said for Nintendo's console. Twine Snakes was a bit of a bomb. The playstation just seems like the best home for this series because it can actaully sell on it. Of course. Never said otherwise.

Sinful Sam
09-10-2005, 04:18 AM
Yah it only took one of the best PS1 games ever and cleaned it up...........

I thought it kicked ass. With remakes, I prefer them simply cleaning up things like graphics. It's a hell of a lot better than coming in and doing unwanted changes that could take away from the game.
I gone trough MGS on PS1 multiple times and there was nothing in Twin Snakes to get me excited to play the game over again. It is going to take more then just pretty graphics for me. I still prefer to play the PS1 version then than the remake. I was kind of hoping you can play the Deepthroat in it.

burpingcat
09-10-2005, 04:33 AM
My favorite aspect of Twin Snakes (officially the only Gamecube game that I own) is that the cutscenes were directed by Ryuhei Kitamura, one of my favorite directors from Japan (FYI, the guy that directed the cutscenes for DMC3 is the action choreographer that usually works with him on his movies). The graphics were also good, I think they did a good job of converting all the characters to GC graphics. The only problem the game had was that MGS1 was not designed with MGS2's gameplay in mind, so you rarely ever use the new gameplay features.

Mistatee
09-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Agreed, made it too easy with FPS aiming, which i hated in the series. Once i decided to never use that, it was the same exact game. Basically they took a perfect game, added greater visuals (snore) and then added a flaw to it...