PDA

View Full Version : GBA = great for USA RPG/simRPG players!

Pdaimaoh
04-17-2002, 12:54 AM
this is great! advance wars which I haven't played since my turboduo (military madness)
a new Tactics Ogre game! Final Fantasy Tactics with MULTIPLAYER?? finally a use for half those otherwise useless skills (finger guard)

FIRE EMBLEM IN ENGLISH!!!!
wooohaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

obviously the GBA is getting several highlight RPGs from the Snes, but now there is Golden Sun! not just one RPG but a SERIES!

phantasy star collection? now RPGs from master system and genesis, too!

this kicks ass!!!
now gimme a backlit GBA screen!!!

Foundation
04-17-2002, 03:02 AM
I heard the backlit GBA might be this winter in the US. Any idea on this?

jammer
04-17-2002, 07:38 AM
Hi.

Phantasy Star would be a nice revival -- and with the Cable Link, maybe even Phantasy Star Online for the GameCube?

Woohoo,
jammer

THX
04-17-2002, 02:18 PM
Cant wait for Fire Emblem; played the EMU and is FANTASTIC. Phanasy Star has already been confirmed by Sega! YAY!

Rubeus
04-17-2002, 05:03 PM
But the problem is - Gameboy Advance still doesn't get the Square classics like Final Fantasy I - IV, Front Mission, SaGa, Romancing Saga and so on. They were all ported to Wonderswan color. If Bandai release Wonderswan in US, I'm definitely going to get it.

Pdaimaoh
04-17-2002, 06:00 PM
after the multi-million dollar flop called the final fantasy movie, do you REALLY think that square's 'GBA division' has not noticed how Breath of Fire is selling?

hmmm?

oh I'm pretty sure you can count on rehashed old square RPGs coming to a gameboy near you

even though the wonderswan color outsold the Xbox last week, don't count on such a lame named device making it's way over here

it's a niche device and the production company KNOWS that

oh and as for RPGs on it anyway "hey everyone! wonderswan color is getting released in the USA! now, let us toil at a localization for each of our RPGs which will sell to all of maybe five or six hundred people!"

heh
wonderswan color

hahaha

Tifa's Knight
04-17-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Foundation
I heard the backlit GBA might be this winter in the US. Any idea on this?

Nintendo adamantly insists it's false. Of course, Nintendo hides a lot of secrets so it's always possible, but I don't think it's very likely. You never know though.

As for Square RPGs, I think it's pretty safe to assume that Square will forget about the WS now and start porting those games. They'd be the biggest morons ever not to - it'd take like 1 or 2 programmers to quickly make a perfect GBA port of any SNES RPG, and it'd sell like CRAZY. They'd make bigger profits off this than they possibly could of PS2, GameCube, or Xbox. Square needs big profits right now, so I think it's pretty certain they're going to do so. They've even mentioned a desire to before.