PDA

View Full Version : PSOne Lid?

FumieHosokawa
04-24-2002, 11:26 PM
Anyone got any ideas what to do with the lid on the PSOne when swapping imports? Thing is, you can keep it open, with the PVC tab in the slot, but then you can't switch discs when prompted to in the middle of a game. Is there a spring like for the original model, that will stay but can also be removed? Thanks in advance.

Pdaimaoh
04-25-2002, 06:36 PM
buy a modchip if you are so inclined to play pirated games/import games

or try your luck with a BOUGHT not COPIED version of the PSXchanger disc or a gameshark

or use an EMULATOR such as VGS or ePSXe

you can also carve out some of the plastic above the switching unit, and use a lever creation to trick it, then when you need to swap discs, take out the first disc, flip the switcher and try that, but that's a pain in the yinyang

FumieHosokawa
04-25-2002, 06:54 PM
Mod chips are such messy things. For the price of one installed (locally, at least), I'd rather invest in a Japanese PSOne.

I think I've solved it, anyway: shove a piece of plastic (or even a bent paper clip) in between the lid button on the bottom and the little tab that sticks out when you let go of the right button to pop the lid. When prompted to switch discs, like during a Final Fantasy, simply push it, the weight flies out and the machine thinks it's open. Of course it's gonna be open all the time--unlike the original PlayStations and their springs--but what the heck, I'll hold the cover down with a rubber band or something.