PDA

View Full Version : Anything conserning Breath of Fire

kaiser_z
04-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Does anyone at all know if Capcom is going to make any more BoF games, there hasnt really been any news, i'm getting a bit worried ya know?

devie
04-25-2002, 02:46 PM
I remember BoF4 coming out with nobody actually knowing it. I didn't even know it was coming out until there was a review of it in a magazine. I think Capcom are concentrating on their action-horror games. But you never know, they might just be working on it in a secret underground lair. Yeah and the entire team consists of monkies chained to PC's. That'll be a larf.

indiglo_chocobo
04-25-2002, 09:43 PM
BOF is my favorite RPG series ever. FF comes in a close second. I am waiting for BOF5 for PS2. The announcment of that or Crono Break will definetly persuade me to buy a PS2. I would like them to stay with the whole 2D style, only higher frame rate, and very detailed characters and backgrounds. Capcom don't fail us now, BOF 4 did great in Japan.

Dog
04-28-2002, 06:19 PM
I'm not that keen on BOF4 actually. For 30 hours you each can turn into just one dragon then suddenly after Ryu aquires the Kaiser within a few hours more he's got 7 more. It just wasn't paced right at all. Also restricting the rotating field by locking it to just 90degree turns sometimes made it hard to see what was going on - sure it kept the graphics looking pretty but it still kinda sucked.

RayX
04-30-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by indiglo_chocobo
BOF is my favorite RPG series ever. FF comes in a close second. I am waiting for BOF5 for PS2. The announcment of that or Crono Break will definetly persuade me to buy a PS2. I would like them to stay with the whole 2D style, only higher frame rate, and very detailed characters and backgrounds. Capcom don't fail us now, BOF 4 did great in Japan.

So do I
I love BoF
It's no.1 in my fave rpg list
the 2D graphic is good
the music too

I wait the another sequel for this game
i hope it'll release for PS2

^^X

Hanzaki
04-30-2002, 05:43 AM
Well I saw couple month ago on IGN that Capcon is working on BOF5 (they sad the graphics will match with FFX's...)

I'm pretty sure they will make an anouncement at E3...:D

folken001
04-30-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Dog
I'm not that keen on BOF4 actually. For 30 hours you each can turn into just one dragon then suddenly after Ryu aquires the Kaiser within a few hours more he's got 7 more. It just wasn't paced right at all. Also restricting the rotating field by locking it to just 90degree turns sometimes made it hard to see what was going on - sure it kept the graphics looking pretty but it still kinda sucked.

That is very true. I didn't like BOF4 much either. I thought the story is somewhat empty. It is cool how you get to play both ryu and the emperor, but what is the purpose playing empror though? We get to see a little side stories but there is really no meaning but just wasting our time. I am also disappointed how the game ends. I beat the game, then I felt I wasted 30 hours for nothing.

BOA3 was a good game but I am afraid I can't say the same about BOA4.

Overlord
05-20-2002, 08:09 PM
Gameforms:
Earlier today, at their pre-E3 press conference, Capcom announced that its popular Breath of Fire series would be headed to the PlayStation 2 for its next installment, according to reports from GameSpot VG. Though details were limited, it is known that the game, which is yet untitled, places gamers in the shoes of yet another character named Ryu, who is a ranger living in an underground city called Shelter. In addition, the title will feature a newly designed 3-D engine, a new combat system, and two new gameplay systems: the "positive encounter and tactics system" and the "scenario overlay system."

Look for more information on the PS2 Breath of Fire once the E3 show floor opens.

ATMA
05-21-2002, 03:53 PM
It's gonna be out ..BOF5 will be out on the ps2 CELLSHADED STYLE..with a new 3d engine and alot new thingys ..
we better keep an eye on Capcom this yr
22 titles for the ps2 !!! what can go wrong there?? ...and now to make my year please CAPCOM bring out your little blue guy out on the ps2 or on the cube..
* JUST BEEN NOW CONFIRMED MEGAMAN X7 WILL BE OUT ON THE PS2 *

Overlord
05-21-2002, 06:36 PM
How many BoF games has there been out so far? I played the first one remade on GBA. The second on an emulater. My friend has 3, but I never played it. And I also heard a rumor that BoF5 is coming to PS2. Is the whole series coming here?

folken001
05-22-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Overlord
How many BoF games has there been out so far? I played the first one remade on GBA. The second on an emulater. My friend has 3, but I never played it. And I also heard a rumor that BoF5 is coming to PS2. Is the whole series coming here?

It is not a rumor anymore. It is confirmed that BOF5 is coming to PS2. I think it is expected that all major rPGS will come to PS2 now.

As far as I know, there were 2 on SNES, 2 on PSX and it seems the 5th one is making its way to PS2.