PDA

View Full Version : Latest Tecmo of Japan gossips


admin
04-17-2002, 12:47 AM
Here are some interesting gossips from the net, Tecmo of Japan may change their mind to make Ninja Gaiden an XBox exclusive title. It seems like Team Ninja is developing a new action adventure game featuring characters from the Dead or Alive series, the destination platform is still undetermined.

Foundation
04-17-2002, 03:50 AM
Does it bother anyone else that the only reason DOA2/3 sold so well was because of the half naked girls in the game? The gameplay is very shallow, and the game can easily be considered a button smacker party game. Yet time and time again you see 10/10, 5 Star, 40/40 ratings for the 'incredible gameplay' and 'amazing visuals' that Tecmo managed to create. Tecmo even marketed the games as such..'She kicks high!' was right from the commercial. If gamers are going to be reduced to such a low level, why pay for what you can see for free online? How about learn to draw or something to appease your petty perversions and stop supporting a company who can only find success in seedy American demoralizers.

heh.

OH..umm..if they do make a new Ninja Gaiden sort of game, they should keep it 2D side scrolling. I bet that it'll be 3D 3rd person like Maximo though since developers are getting more and more lazy these days.

jammer
04-17-2002, 06:17 AM
True it is.

DOA2/3 does stoop to eye candy and shallow gameplay (in comparison to VF4 I suppose) but it's hard to define actual "deep" gameplay. Tell me you've never been beaten by a 10 year old button mashing kid on VF4/Tekken/SF3? I still like to congratulate Tecmo on a beautiful looking game. Even my fiancee thinks so and she takes time to prove it by beating the crap out of me ;) occassionally with Ayane.

I played VF4 and I must say, the square fighting arenas put me off after playing DOA3's lush multi-level environments. Great game though and can't wait to see/hear if the VFX for X-Box is true.

Cheers,
jammer

Sabin
04-17-2002, 05:17 PM
I often see that many people call DOA2/3 a button smacker game but I don't really understand what they're talking about, I've never been defeated by a rookie, you just have to do a countermove every time they try to hit you. Ok, you won't always get "great" against a rookie but the healthmeter is always about 75% left. Is it that I'm so good at it or have I just met "the wrong people"?
The real button smacker games is the Tekken-games. That's what I call a button smacker game.
Then the visually bit of DOA3. It's so tremendous good looking that it really deserves max points in the graphic area.
The "shallow" gamplay then. I haven't played VF4 yet but the people I talked to think the gameplay comparison to the DOA is better.
I think DOA3 is and is going to be the winner of the 3d-fighting against the competitors Virtua Fighter 4 and Tekken 4.

Tifa's Knight
04-17-2002, 08:24 PM
There is also "gossip" that Microsoft is going to buy Sega, but that's not true either. I dunno, I'm just tired of rumors... I wish people would wait for concrete stuff to start discussing it =\

Personally, I think DOA has quite good gameplay to be honest... just not as good as Virtua Fighter. But really, it's a lot better than most 3D fighters. Tekken can kiss my ass.

folken001
04-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Admin
Here are some interesting gossips from the net, Tecmo of Japan may change their mind to make Ninja Gaiden an XBox exclusive title. It seems like Team Ninja is developing a new action adventure game featuring characters from the Dead or Alive series, the destination platform is still undetermined.

I didn't know Tecmo was going to make Ninja Gaiden an Xbox exclusive at the 1st place. Even Tecmo did in the beginning, I think DOA3 should teach them something.

DOA3 the best fighting game ever? My butt!

NuSord Graphite
04-18-2002, 05:07 AM
Yeah. Last year sometime, Techmo came out and said that their Next generation Ninja Gaiden game they were making was going to be an xbox exclusive.

Now they are eating crow and having to rethink that strategy for profit purposes...

Project NuFu
04-18-2002, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Foundation
Does it bother anyone else that the only reason DOA2/3 sold so well was because of the half naked girls in the game? The gameplay is very shallow, and the game can easily be considered a button smacker party game. Yet time and time again you see 10/10, 5 Star, 40/40 ratings for the 'incredible gameplay' and 'amazing visuals' that Tecmo managed to create. Tecmo even marketed the games as such..'She kicks high!' was right from the commercial. If gamers are going to be reduced to such a low level, why pay for what you can see for free online? How about learn to draw or something to appease your petty perversions and stop supporting a company who can only find success in seedy American demoralizers.



Maybe the amount of time you have put into it has been very shallow. DOA3 has as much depth as the VF series. However, the game has much better controller response than any other fighting game, including the recent Japanese version of Tekken4. With the amount of wall moves/reversals/tag throws/air grabs/crouching grabs, etc. as well as combos keeps the game deep for real players to keep coming back to smack those button smashers who have a very shallow mind set and skill level.

Maybe you should spend more time learning how to play, instead of looking at the girls assets.

emagius
04-18-2002, 10:19 AM
The DoA series has always stressed graphics over gameplay, and DoA3 is no exception. Shallow != button mashing, by any means, but it does mean that there is little difference between a novice (not a newbie) and an expert. DoA3's reversal system is still too easy, and characters only have a few useful moves/strategies. As in most 3D fighters, zoning is hardly an issue.

It's about on par with the Tekken games, really, rather than SF or VF.

dvdjedi
04-18-2002, 06:52 PM
Dude, Tecmo has NEVER said that the next Ninja Gaiden was going to be an Xbox exclusive. As recently as last month they had still not made any announcements regarding the intended platform(s) for NG. We'll probably find out at E3 in May. Until then everything else is pure speculation.

hey69
04-20-2002, 08:28 AM
VF4 characters with DOA3 backgrounds would rock.
put in a litle twist of tekken 4 and voila, you have a very cool game.

Iori
04-24-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Project NuFu


Maybe the amount of time you have put into it has been very shallow. DOA3 has as much depth as the VF series. However, the game has much better controller response than any other fighting game, including the recent Japanese version of Tekken4. With the amount of wall moves/reversals/tag throws/air grabs/crouching grabs, etc. as well as combos keeps the game deep for real players to keep coming back to smack those button smashers who have a very shallow mind set and skill level.

Maybe you should spend more time learning how to play, instead of looking at the girls assets.

That's why Temco is making a new action game with DOA characters, so you can't complain on the fighting engine.

porcu
04-30-2002, 04:06 AM
Bring in DOA4!!!!
More textures & bounces to those gurls plz.. :D

Black Sugar
04-30-2002, 01:29 PM
What are we talking DO3 gameplay for?? Wasn't the game was all about girls ??

As for Ninja Gaiden exclusive on X-box...well i also heard that Sega Soccer Slam was exclusive for GC, two weeks later they annouce it for every console.

man...just wait and see.

Sardaukar
05-02-2002, 04:02 AM
First off,Admin,don't you have an actual name or nickname we can call ye? We might as well call you "warden"....

Second off,this is kinda old news.Don't be surprised if the game turns out to be a dating sim the Japs love so much.Mmm,if it includes another shower scene I'll buy it....