PDA

View Full Version : New Advent Children Pics

jstroh
05-16-2005, 04:45 AM
Man I wish this was like a PS3 game instead with the same graphics LOL.
Here's the pics:
http://blog.gamebrink.com/article.php?story=20050516082210597

spider-prime
05-16-2005, 05:44 AM
I will probably end up buying the movie when it comes out even tho I'm not a huge FF7 fan

FF 4 is my favorite of all of them, its the only one that I've played over and over and over, I've beaten it about 20 times since it first came out over here hehe and then when it was re released on the PS1

BlindMaphisto
05-16-2005, 08:31 AM
If you put those guys heads on girls bodies I don't think most people would notice it wasn't supposed to be a woman. Seriously, let some of these guys grow a tash or something. Sheesh.

spider-prime
05-16-2005, 08:45 AM
but girls like girly men :)

Sony Fanboy
05-16-2005, 08:51 AM
but girls like girly men :)

And in Asia, men prefer girly men - bishonen.

BlindMaphisto
05-16-2005, 09:04 AM
:lol: :clap:

FinalSolace2
05-16-2005, 11:14 AM
i feel less confident in this movie seeing cloud with the whole J-pop i'm cool image with glasses. why the hell are you gonna wear glasses -especially a guy like cloud- i thought this film was serious.

CHRoNo
05-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Any1 know when this is coming out?
In english.

deisied
05-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Actually smart guy, if you'd keep up, you would have known that the glasses are directly related to the plot. As you should know, high levels of mako exposure have an eventual visual effect on one's eyes. Cloud's mako treatment in SOLDIER paired with his poisoning in the stream have led to more advanced damage to his eyes, and over time, they've become pretty sensitive and subject to permanent visual impairment. So, sunglasses.

US and JP simultaneous release Sept. 14 is what I've seen around.

FinalSolace2
05-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Actually smart guy, if you'd keep up, you would have known that the glasses are directly related to the plot. As you should know, high levels of mako exposure have an eventual visual effect on one's eyes. Cloud's mako treatment in SOLDIER paired with his poisoning in the stream have led to more advanced damage to his eyes, and over time, they've become pretty sensitive and subject to permanent visual impairment. So, sunglasses.

US and JP simultaneous release Sept. 14 is what I've seen around.

its an excuse= even if it didnt effect your eyes the glasses i'm sure will still feature- and plus square will make a killing (presuming this film is any good) from idiot teenagers spending some serious money for replicas.

deisied
05-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Except the mako-eye relation isn't anything new, so no, it's fairly likely. And saying "even if it wasn't true" is irrelevent, because it is true, so you aren't proving anything. Stop trying to hard to be cynical about nothing. It doesn't matter what the fans do after seeing the movie, that doesn't particularly reflect the merits of what the movie does itself.

raviadso
05-16-2005, 01:18 PM
I will probably end up buying the movie when it comes out even tho I'm not a huge FF7 fan

FF 4 is my favorite of all of them, its the only one that I've played over and over and over, I've beaten it about 20 times since it first came out over here hehe and then when it was re released on the PS1
4,5 and 9 baby....the best FFs out there....

camac
05-16-2005, 01:29 PM
They should have just left FF7 damn well alone as it was but nooooo people had to whine after FFX2 OH HOW COOL WOULD A FF7-2 BE?! DUUR. So square of course thinks Ka-ching! and runs off to milk the opportunity.

I'm not intrested, aside from Tifa who looks a lot better, the rest look... just stupid. Especialy Cloud. Then you got your token black guy Barret who is still probably the only black man in that world. Seriously where did he come from? bleh whatever.

deisied
05-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Woo! More strikingly-well-thought-out criticism on something the whole world loves to hate in the first place. Now it's in an even more convenient package than normal since it's Square...gasp(!), revisiting something. Bastards! No! Don't expand upon one of your most memorable worlds! For some reason if this other thing comes out it's like I can't just play the original game and shut up about it!
Advent Children has been worked on since anything about X-2, and people have been whining about VII-2 since before X-2 as well. Thing is, the next FF is still on the way, they're still doing OTHER THINGS that you can go ahead and pay attention to if you don't want to pay attention to this, and it's not even a game, it's just a damn movie. Unfortunately, everyone would criticise it no matter what it was because Square made it, so it's funny, I guess. Of course that won't stop everyone from buying it, which happens to in turn inspire more criticism.

As for character designs, Tifa looks the least like the person they're actually supposed to be than anyone else coming back by far, so, it's pretty funny to say the rest of the characters look "LOLD JUST PLAINT STOOPID (100% objective by the way)". But, sure.

raviadso
05-16-2005, 02:27 PM
:clap: :clap:

burpingcat
05-16-2005, 02:42 PM
If you don't like the feminine/j-pop look, blame the character designer, as he's ALWAYS doing stuff like that.

HimeNoHogosha
05-27-2005, 03:11 AM
The release date is Sept 14... so where would I go to pick up a copy? Best Buy? EB?

Seska
05-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Advent Children has been worked on since anything about X-2, and people have been whining about VII-2 since before X-2 as well.

Yeah, I guess companies should cave in and make **** sequels to anything fans whine for. Like FFX-2! Oh, no, wait. Like Saga Frontier 2! wait, nonono... Xenosaga 2! Grandia 2! Ghostbusters 2! Meet the Fockers! SW: Ep1-3! Son of the Mask!

You get the idea. The movie wouldnt be such a bad idea if they werent so blatanly milking the FFVII franchise. Before Crisis? FFVII Snowboarding? Dirge of Cerberus? Give it a fucking rest.

Sadly, FFVII was one of the best FF games Sqaure made, everything went downhill from then on and they know this, so they can milk off devoted FFVII whores like you, disied. As long as idiots like you exist, we will get lukewarm spinoffs instead of, you know, actually MOVING ON TO NEW EXPERIENCES.

Black Sugar
05-27-2005, 08:28 AM
Stop whining about everything little thing buch of crybabies.

- They're milking the franchise, the movie was made in less than 2years..bla bla bla...
please

The movie look gorgeous , on of the best 3D models ever made. The new "more serious" characters design are superb. I for one, am happy to see Square devellopping more on the FFVII universe. As long as the movie and the games are good. I am happy.

Dr. Bombay
05-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Stop whining about everything little thing buch of crybabies.

- They're milking the franchise, the movie was made in less than 2years..bla bla bla...
please

The movie look gorgeous , on of the best 3D models ever made. The new "more serious" characters design are superb. I for one, am happy to see Square devellopping more on the FFVII universe. As long as the movie and the games are good. I am happy.

Know what else was made in less than 2 years? The incredibles.

Know what else? This movie isn't gonna be as good as the incredibles.

justin_credible
05-27-2005, 09:02 AM
Man I wish this was like a PS3 game instead with the same graphics LOL.
Here's the pics:
http://blog.gamebrink.com/article.php?story=20050516082210597

Well just think of it this way it'll have about the same amount of gameplay as the PS2 Final Fantasys.