PDA

View Full Version : xenosaga please!

nintendude
09-15-2002, 05:02 AM
I just want to know if any body knows for sure if xenosaga will ever be released in the states. it looks awesome! thanks...
-peter

Black Ace
09-15-2002, 01:25 PM
You should import if you really want to play it.

batistuta2x
09-15-2002, 05:36 PM
what's the busines to import the game from japan,if you cant understand anything,especialy RPG,where the story is most important thing.
maybe there is european version out?

ATMA
09-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Xenosaga will come to the states ..it's expected somewhere in the first 3 months of 2003 ..an official date isn't confirm yet! But it will come! :cool guy:

Overlord
09-15-2002, 05:59 PM
Translating 4.7 gigs of text will take a while. We all need to be patient. Gamestop said November a long time ago, but it's obviously been pushed back.

ATMA
09-16-2002, 01:37 PM
Well i can't wait ..i really need to play this game! Xenogears is episode 5 and this is episode 1, but there's allready connections and proofs that this Saga is far from finished!

In Xenogears they talked/ plus you see what Zohar is ..and in episode 1 they also talk about Zohar ..and plus Citan Uzuki(Xenogears) ......In episode 1 i think you have 1 or 2 character(s) that got the same last name: Uzuki ..so basicaly you are playing with Citan's ancestors ..wich is mind blowing ..and say what you wanna say but KOSMOS (the girl with blue hair) Is one of the best character designs i've ever seen! Hurry up Namco

Cobi*
09-16-2002, 08:03 PM
i haven't heard about this series in a while, last i heard was that monolith had started working on the second episode. i wonder what is taking so long. i hope namco puts all of them on ps2 because at this rate we'll be seeing the third one by the time ps3 hits (and there are supposed to be six episodes in this series :eek: )

nintendude
09-17-2002, 06:26 AM
Although this is obviously untrue, I thought that I remember reading something about how Xenosaga had nothing to do with xenogears...
was that just something they needed to say since it's not by square this
time? or was i just imagining it.

ATMA
09-17-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by nintendude
Although this is obviously untrue, I thought that I remember reading something about how Xenosaga had nothing to do with xenogears...
was that just something they needed to say since it's not by square this
time? or was i just imagining it.

Where did you read it?

If you did played Xenogears you'll noticed there's some connections! Perhaps not a strait connection but remember Xenogears is episode 5 and now they just started with episode 1 so there's 4 episodes inbetween and in the beginning of Xenogears (the intro) You'll noticed that something musta happend before Xenogears! I mean why is an entire human race in space ..why are they carrying something very "dangerous" who made it and who made Zohar...all these things must be disscovered in the previous episodes wch let me believe that there's enough proof/connections that this Xenosaga is indeed a saga!

Investor27
09-19-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ATMA

Where did you read it?

If you did played Xenogears you'll noticed there's some connections! Perhaps not a strait connection but remember Xenogears is episode 5 and now they just started with episode 1 so there's 4 episodes inbetween and in the beginning of Xenogears (the intro) You'll noticed that something musta happend before Xenogears! I mean why is an entire human race in space ..why are they carrying something very "dangerous" who made it and who made Zohar...all these things must be disscovered in the previous episodes wch let me believe that there's enough proof/connections that this Xenosaga is indeed a saga!

And between you and me, Xenogears rock! If they all turned out like Episode V, we'll be in good shape.

ATMA
09-19-2002, 04:33 PM
Yes episode V kicked Super Metroid from the first place in my must favourite game of all time! Well i think Episode I might be good but not as good as Epi V ..since Epi I is the first one i think the story have to built up first! But i'm also curious about Epi IV !

SPOILERS

I mean i want to know who was the one that made "DEUS" and Zohar and what happend that "DEUS" was on the ship that crashed on the planet!And howcome there were so many people on that ship what happend to their planet? All these things we'll know after Epi IV!

END OF SPOILERS

baratus
09-21-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Overlord
Translating 4.7 gigs of text will take a while. We all need to be patient. Gamestop said November a long time ago, but it's obviously been pushed back.

4.7 gigs of text!!! I thought Xenosaga was an Rpg, not an educational game!

Overlord
09-21-2002, 01:24 AM
The game is about 9.3-9.6 gigs all together.

ATMA
09-22-2002, 12:53 PM
I think the whole Xenosaga ..episodes 1 till 6 is one really really really big story! I mean Playing Xenogears feels like the game started and will end there in the xenogears universe but than to find out it was only Epiode 5 was just mindblowing!

ATMA
10-20-2002, 12:39 PM
Square?s Xenogears was heralded as one of the greatest RPGs ever created. The enormous adventure wove an intricate and captivating drama filled with a complex cast of characters in what could only be described as epic. Those who played Xenogears may have realized that the game was merely a chapter in a much larger story. They say that great works of art are forever, and those responsible for that timeless tale are hoping to make gaming history once again with Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht (German for The Will To Power). Developed by Monolith Software, a division of Namco, the Xenosaga team is comprised mainly of staffers who defected from Square Soft not long after Xenogears' Japanese release, including Xenogears producer and writer, Tetsuya Takahashi. Monolith brings us the first installment of an epic legend. Der Wille zur Macht is loosely based off of the timeline established by Xenogears Perfect Works, a massive artbook and production manual often referred to as the Xenogears Bible by many fans. Monolith has made a few modifications and changes to the original story established in Perfect Works so fans of the story may be in for a few surprises. As the first of an enormous six-part series, Der Wille zur Macht has been eagerly anticipated by Xenogears fans and curious gamers alike since its announcement. Whether the Xenosaga series will live up to expectations of RPG fans remains to be seen.

You can read the entire preview at: rpgfan (http://www.rpgfan.com)

Also what's great to know that Yasunori Mitsuda worked on the music and Kunihiko Tanaka did also worked on the character design just like in XENOGEARS!

My opinion it's a prety good preview if you have the time or if you are interested in XENOSAGA just read it!

Rubeus
10-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Namco still haven't set a definite release date of Xenosaga in the states right? I heard the game isn't all that lengthy, the reason why it's so big are because of the CG movies and voice overs.

ATMA
10-22-2002, 10:46 AM
Yep it got alot of cutscene movies in it! I believe someone said there's one about 20+min long don't know if it's true though!

But i'm not expecting a big story seeing by the fact that this is EPISODE 1 and thus the beginning of a great epic story! .
Still no excact date for a US release but it's expected somewhere between Jan-March of 2003!!

hgblob
10-23-2002, 07:03 AM
Yep it got alot of cutscene movies in it! I believe someone said there's one about 20+min long don't know if it's true though!

Not true. In Xenosaga, there are actually several cutscenes that take up about 20+ minutes each :) There's even a cutscene in the early stages of the game that takes up a whopping 45 minutes!

Jagt Mirage
10-23-2002, 08:29 AM
Its coming out in the states I think Feburary. That would make it almost exactly one year after its release in Japan. I don't know why it has taken Namco this long to localize it. Suikoden 3 for example, came out much later in Japan, in July, and yet its already out here. On the other hand Xenosaga is huge.. it is the first, and remains the only dual layered (DVD-9) PS2 game in existence that I'm aware of.

ATMA
10-23-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by hgblob

Not true. In Xenosaga, there are actually several cutscenes that take up about 20+ minutes each :) There's even a cutscene in the early stages of the game that takes up a whopping 45 minutes!

several about 20 min each?? *gasp* okay! Between all those cutscenes is there a great story or somekind of a story somewhere in there?

Weird indeed that it's taken Namco so long to bring out this game state side ..perhaps it's marketing strategy you know they are always making something up so the people (like me) can calm down and wait for the game .but if it comes out next year around the same time as SO3 i will lock myself in my room!

hgblob
10-24-2002, 12:06 PM
several about 20 min each?? *gasp* okay! Between all those cutscenes is there a great story or somekind of a story somewhere in there?

Of course there is. This is a game based on Xenogears, after all :)

Weird indeed that it's taken Namco so long to bring out this game state side ..perhaps it's marketing strategy you know they are always making something up so the people (like me) can calm down and wait for the game .but if it comes out next year around the same time as SO3 i will lock myself in my room!

There's a lot of dialogue in there. All the lines spoken in the cutscenes are voice acted, too. That's got to have added to the other mass of complications that usually arise from translating huge RPGs like this one.

Cobi*
10-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by hgblob

looking foward to watching xenosaga soon! :2happy: :P

with a game like this they would be better off using the original japanese voices rather than going to the trouble and cost of producing an english soundtrack. as much as i like xenogears and xenosaga this game isn't going to sell well. xenogears itself isn't even a greatest hit. maybe those religious issues offended some people ?...

ATMA
10-24-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by cobi40-50

as much as i like xenogears and xenosaga this game isn't going to sell well. xenogears itself isn't even a greatest hit. maybe those religious issues offended some people ?...

Nah back than it was probably taboe or something, but it didn't had alot of religious issues. It had some realism in it you know things that could happend in real life like the priest sexual abusing children situation something that was top story a time ago! Or when two characters are in love with each other they make sweet love ..something that some (perhaps alot of games avoid or leave it to your imaginations) while Xenogears shows that its possible!

Xenogears was a great one to bad alot of people didn't knew about the game and it wasn't released on the PAL system either!

Kamui
10-25-2002, 11:50 PM
About Xenosaga, I must say that I am begining to save money to buy the JAP version. If you don?t remember, there was 2 other namco games that received the same treatment also in the PS era: Not released screenshots of the localization, TBA released date, weak E3 showing,etc. This games were Ace combat 3: Electrosphere and Dragon Valor. The first one came out in the US and Euro in a strange form: only one CD, cutted story, way less missions, etc. Dragon Valor was released in the Euro market, and later then in the US with English grammar errors, and stuff.

On the Xenogears religious content, is was pretty small indeed, games like FF Tactics and Vandal Hearts 2 had a WAY stronger religious content on the main story. Everyone knows that Xenogears was not being released by have strong religious themes, but it came out intact. As Xenosaga, "god only knows".

Rubeus
10-26-2002, 01:00 AM
Speaking of religious content, I think Final Fantasy X also has a very strong religious theme as well, like those temples and that song of hymn.

ATMA
10-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Kamui
About Xenosaga, I must say that I am begining to save money to buy the JAP version. If you don?t remember, there was 2 other namco games that received the same treatment also in the PS era: Not released screenshots of the localization, TBA released date, weak E3 showing,etc. This games were Ace combat 3: Electrosphere and Dragon Valor. The first one came out in the US and Euro in a strange form: only one CD, cutted story, way less missions, etc. Dragon Valor was released in the Euro market, and later then in the US with English grammar errors, and stuff.

Well all good points but i don't know, this game seems to me to huge to be a jap only game this is a big story it would be indeed ashame if it stays in Japan! But i'm not sure but i could swear Namco said they will bring it out for the states! It is Europe/PAL system that must worry about the release of this game!