PDA

View Full Version : News: Orta takes a late flight

Black Ace
09-14-2002, 11:32 AM
PlanetXbox:

Don?t kill the messenger, it?s a saying that really should be taken to heart today as we?ve received word from Sega that Panzer Dragoon Orta has been pushed back. Initially slated for release in November, the game was pushed back to January 2003. The reason behind this shocking move was that Sega wants to continue to add content to the game and, sufficed to say, this is something they couldn?t do with if they?d stuck to the November release. The official word is below.

"SEGA decided to delay the release of 'Panzer Dragoon ORTA' in order to continue adding innovative features and content to the game and its stunning back story," said Mike Fischer, vice president, entertainment marketing, SEGA of America.

Alucard
09-14-2002, 12:13 PM
Just saw this and groaned. Its the reason I was buying an XBox. Now I'll have to wait a little longer. I want that game so badly damnit.

crazytaxinext
09-14-2002, 12:33 PM
The Xbox release list is starting to look maybe a little too thin this year in light of its rivals.

aneep
09-14-2002, 06:09 PM
too thin?

care to explain in detail?

-aneep-

Cobi*
09-16-2002, 07:48 PM
xbox doesn't look very appealing to me this holiday season now. *sigh* at least we'll be getting the best panzer possible ^^

Havoc2049
09-16-2002, 09:36 PM
It does suck about Panzer Dragoon Orta. Better a good game, than a rush job. Brute Force was also pushed back to Jan. 2k3. The Xbox line-up is still strong this Holiday Season.

Quantum Redshift
DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball
Medal of Honor
Blinx(made by some ex-Sonic Team members)
Steel Batallion
Mech Warrior
Shenmue II
Unreal Championship
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance
Ghost Recon
Xbox Live
Crimson Sea
Dynasty Warriors 3
Fatal Frame
ToeJam and Earl III
Splinter Cell
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
More Sega and Microsoft Sports titles

Just to name a few. I know I missed some other big games and then there will probably be some sleeper hits.

Early 2k3, the Xbox will have:
Crimson Skies
Brute Force
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Phantasy Star On-line

crazytaxinext
09-17-2002, 10:10 AM
Thing is weed out the multiformat titles and exclusive titles that will fall underpar when the final versions are released and the Xbox might struggle a little. I'm not saying it has no good games coming for it this year, I myself can't wait for stuff like Splinter cell and Blinx but seeing as this year, more than any, has so many AAA titles being released across all 3 systems the last thing Xbox needs is for nearly all its AAA exclusives to slip back.

Nindalf
09-17-2002, 11:42 AM
hmmm...:yikes:
Did i just saw correctly? is Phantasy Star On-Line coming to Xbox?
That sucks man!(Not that its coming to XB but that i thought i was GC Exlusive!well of course its not exclusive...it was on DC but...well you know what i mean!)

But seriously?Is it coming to XB?:too mad:

Black Ace
09-17-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by NiN
hmmm...:yikes:
Did i just saw correctly? is Phantasy Star On-Line coming to Xbox?
That sucks man!(Not that its coming to XB but that i thought i was GC Exlusive!well of course its not exclusive...it was on DC but...well you know what i mean!)

But seriously?Is it coming to XB?:too mad:

PSO E. I & II is GameCube exclusive. It has a lot of new stuff and characters.

Xbox PSO is a mere port of the DC game, I think.

DBJAY
09-17-2002, 12:10 PM
PSO is also a pack in for Xbox Live, in Japan! Even though they have to pay for Sega the subscription fee, the initial cost of the game is zero for Xbox Live customers in Japan.

Vicviper
09-17-2002, 05:21 PM
Well I would have really liked to play Panzer Dragoon this year but since I can't I'll wait. I guess it's good because it will give me a chance to beat a lot of the games I'm planning on buying and playing this holiday season. Then when I'm done with those I will get Panzer Dragoon! Right when things are slow. YES.

crazytaxinext
09-18-2002, 09:55 AM
With Panzer, Wario, 1080, Zelda, Brute Force etc... all coming after Xmas I'll be sorted way up until E3 2003! :D

Havoc2049
09-19-2002, 12:02 AM
Rumor has it, that Panzer Dragoon Orta was pushed back to maximize sales of Shenmue II and ToeJam and Earl 3. That is the rumor anyways. Panzer is reviewed in the next issue of the Official Xbox Magazine(at least that is the rumor...and the person who gave the inside scoop showed the cover of the mag that said Panzer is reviewed inside). If the scores are good, maybe the rumor is true. If the scores are bad, then maybe it did need more work.

Havoc2049
09-19-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Bill

PSO E. I & II is GameCube exclusive. It has a lot of new stuff and characters.

Xbox PSO is a mere port of the DC game, I think.

Sega has been very tight liped about PSO for the Xbox. The main rumor I have heard is that it will just be episode 1 with some new stuff and characters and will utilize the Xbox voice communicator. Another rumor is that it will be an all new PSO, PSO 2 possibly(not episode 2 of the first one). I guess we will all find out after the next TGS.

aneep
09-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by AtariX

Sega has been very tight liped about PSO for the Xbox. The main rumor I have heard is that it will just be episode 1 with some new stuff and characters and will utilize the Xbox voice communicator. Another rumor is that it will be an all new PSO, PSO 2 possibly(not episode 2 of the first one). I guess we will all find out after the next TGS.

xbox is getting PSO ep1 & 2 with extra characters (3 new, pics at PSO Xbox booth at TGS)

another addition is voice support
kb is also supported and will be released at the same time as PSO

check later for any new details (any other extras)

-aneep-