PDA

View Full Version : God Of War sequel

BGM
04-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Not trying to spoil it for anybody who hasn't beat God Of War yet, but how would the storyline work for a sequel? I mean would it be a prequel? :confused:

Decado
04-19-2005, 01:46 AM
Seems pretty straight forward to me.

The new enemy would be *spoiler-highlight* Kratos' brother.

SavedFromSin
04-19-2005, 02:54 AM
its already been announced. it will come out later this year, early next.

Seska
04-19-2005, 03:35 AM
Sequel already been announced? Bah, how predictable and cookie-cutter.

But then again, seeing as GoW was like a big triple cip-choc cookie smothered in fudge and coated in milk chocolate, its a tasty treat I won't mind to eat!

Decado
04-19-2005, 01:44 PM
No sequel has been announced.

gearhound
04-19-2005, 05:10 PM
they are already working on the second game.

DarknessTearv2
04-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Yay, another crappy game that gets more recognition than it deserves.

RayRey
04-19-2005, 06:10 PM

:lol: that's funny

Decado
04-19-2005, 06:31 PM
they are already working on the second game. Link? While I can believe it, I seriously doubt it will be coming this generation.

gearhound
04-19-2005, 06:55 PM

dude, GoW is one of the best games released this year.

no link, decado, but they were talking about it on g4 tech when they showed the making of god of war ... i think. i could be wrong though.

DarknessTearv2
04-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Wow it has tits and mediocre gameplay. Such a good game! :thumbdn:

BGM
04-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Wow it has tits and mediocre gameplay. Such a good game! :thumbdn: Well yeah it has tits, but mediocre gameplay :rolleyes: .

Messanic
04-20-2005, 02:00 AM
dude, GoW is one of the best games released this year.

no link, decado, but they were talking about it on g4 tech when they showed the making of god of war ... i think. i could be wrong though.

I never beat GoW, but it'd be nice to see a sequal since I liked what I've played of the game. As for you DarknessTear, you might not want to diss God of War when you like Musashi Samurai Legend and that is a crappy game.

SavedFromSin
04-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Sorry decado i do not have a link. i have been looking for it on IGN where i saw it, but i can not find it. it was in an article they posted. ill try to find it and show it to you.

DarknessTearv2
04-20-2005, 03:02 AM
I never beat GoW, but it'd be nice to see a sequal since I liked what I've played of the game. As for you DarknessTear, you might not want to diss God of War when you like Musashi Samurai Legend and that is a crappy game.

At least MSL is better than God of War. I KNOW why God of War is getting it's support. Because it's all people care about. Sex and blood. The gameplay has nothing to do with anything. People just want to see tits and blood. :annoyed:

Seska
04-20-2005, 04:57 AM
You actually see tits for like 1% of the game, but hey, when you form your opinion about a game without playing it for more than 3 minutes, I guess I can see how that opinion may be warped.

Ohwell, your loss, our gain.

gb2/musashi

Nindalf
04-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Hmm.. God of War... This is the game about some Greek mythology nonsense that's nothing more than a straightforward beat-em-up? No wonder it gets a sequel..

Black Sugar
04-20-2005, 09:39 AM
At least MSL is better than God of War. I KNOW why God of War is getting it's support. Because it's all people care about. Sex and blood. The gameplay has nothing to do with anything. People just want to see tits and blood. :annoyed:

Obiviously, you didn't play the game all to the end. God of War is one of the best, well produced game out there for the PS2 or any other console for that matter.

The level of quality, the care for details for the visual is simply amazing. This is a game that high budget compagnies such as EA should take note. It took them over 3 1/2 years of developpement and it's shows.

gearhound
04-20-2005, 02:06 PM

that is such bull ****. like seska said, you barely see tits in the game. it is the gameplay that makes god of war so damn good. god of war is far from mediocre.

At least MSL is better than God of War.

that must be a joke.

Mistatee
04-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Ummm i dunno if i can name any game that is made better for Ps2 than GoW.
It has nearly the best graphics on the Ps2, and supports it with both no slowdown, and near 0 loading time. While blood/tits help, they also depict the setting of Greece really well. The game shows woman exactly how they were in the time of Greece. The combat is as good as Ninja Gaiden, if not better. Its not as in-depth as it could be, becuase this game was based around fun. Which is why they added simple mini-games inside the combat. The main character is also insanly bad-ass.

This is the definition of a good game. If only it was alittle longer... But i guess thats what the sequel is for. And atleast they didnt draw it out to get monotonous.

Now for those people who choose to play Square games over this... they must be
1) already done with GoW
2) Not 18+ so their momies wont let them play it

DarknessTearv2
04-20-2005, 07:19 PM
I completed GoW and there are many better games than it. With a main character who has no redeeming quality, showing far too many breasts, having average gameplay with no soul. They try too hard to make it "cool" and in my opinion it fails.

gb2/musashi

Weren't you supposed to be leaving forever? What a pity.

gearhound
04-20-2005, 07:32 PM
the only games that i would say are better than god of war are both ninja gaiden and devil may cry 3... that is it. all other action games pale in comparison.

DarknessTearv2
04-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Yep, DMC3 is better.

Decado
04-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Sorry decado i do not have a link. i have been looking for it on IGN where i saw it, but i can not find it. it was in an article they posted. ill try to find it and show it to you. I think I know what you are referring to. It was all in theory. IGN posted the wishlist but there has been no word on a sequel.

C4RL
04-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Yep, DMC3 is better.

Because its made by the japanese? :spinface:

DarknessTearv2
04-21-2005, 03:03 AM
Because its made by the japanese? :spinface:

Nope. Could care less who made it. I play a lot of games made by Americans. I'm an American myself, I take pride in my race.

BGM
04-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I like Metal Gear Solid 3 better, but this game is AWESOME :cool guy: .

Seska
04-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Weren't you supposed to be leaving forever? What a pity.

So TERRIBLY sorry to disappoint you. :D

Alucard
04-22-2005, 01:48 AM
I got bored of DMC3 and never finished it. Doesnt hold a candle to the first game. Game felt empty. GOW is heads and shoulders above that game in every aspect. I actually am interested about the main character instead of him being some retarded wise cracking mutant trying to be too cool by eating pizza. Camera = ****.

DarknessTearv2
04-22-2005, 03:28 AM
They try too hard to make him look like a badass. Oh wow he nails whores and doesn't save people. Kekeke how cool is that?!?!?1/11

Alucard
04-22-2005, 12:04 PM
He's not actually a good guy, did you ever think of that?

DeathStroke
04-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Dante had to be the way they made him out to be. When you look at the first game, you've got a demon that wisecracks whenever faced with a boss. DMC3 returned Dante to when he was just starting out so he had to be over the top given that he was just beginning to explore his powers. The story in DMC3 is better then GOW too and the choreography of the action is top notch.

Black Sugar
04-24-2005, 03:35 PM
I don't like the way they made Dante turn out in DMC 3. In the the first one he was a half-human half demon who doesn't talk much, was confident about himself and had the best badass capcom style one-liner ever.. In DMC3, they made Dante look like a clown doing unecessary acrobatics & movements and talking way too much.

Rathx90
04-24-2005, 05:54 PM
I don't like the way they made Dante turn out in DMC 3. In the the first one he was a half-human half demon who doesn't talk much, was confident about himself and had the best badass capcom style one-liner ever.. In DMC3, they made Dante look like a clown doing unecessary acrobatics & movements and talking way too much.

:cool guy:
agreed. Vergil in DMC3 was way better than Dante.

and I dont get why DarknessTearv comes out of nowhere and start bitching about how GoW is overrated...
and his arguments suck... "oh you like this game cause it has sex and violence"
thats the stupidest piece of crap I've ever heard of and it's really corny. Not every gamer is obessed with sex and violence, especially not here.

I respect your opinion and everything but I just dont like the fact that you march in here and start bitching about how much you hate it. Leave this thread to GoW fans and their discussions on the sequel.