PDA

View Full Version : Yuji Naka says that Sonic Team is developing a game for PS2!

Overlord
09-12-2002, 09:39 PM
In an interview to the japanese magazine Dorimaga, Yuji Naka from Sonic Team says that they are developing a new game for the PS2. More details will be revealed at TGS.

-Article. (http://www.newtechnix.com/Affichage_Article.php3?Id_Article=7248)

Your Thoughts? :D

Rubeus
09-12-2002, 09:44 PM
This is probably Sonic Adventure 3, the game supposed to hit all major platforms.

Overlord
09-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Heres the rumor thing I posted a while ago. (Yes, it's Pre-E3.)

http://216.71.106.87/news/000347.shtml

It may be Phantasy Star V: The Algro Generations!

...In the article it says that it's a new game. And Sonic 3 is only going to be on Xbox and GameCube from the speculation so far.

Investor27
09-12-2002, 09:52 PM
Or an RPG, like Skies of Arcadia 2!!! Please don't let it be another Sonic game. These guys have so much talent, so I guess it really doesn't matter what game is made next...as long as it's on the PS2.

Black Ace
09-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by alexhho
Or an RPG, like Skies of Arcadia 2!!! Please don't let it be another Sonic game. These guys have so much talent, so I guess it really doesn't matter what game is made next...as long as it's on the PS2.

Sonic Team don't make Skies of Arcadia games, Overworks does.

Healin
09-13-2002, 03:19 AM
Hopefully they can maintain their tradition and come up with a good game thats new. I'm kinda sick of the Sonic series. Its not a bad game but its more or less the same for the series. If they can make new stuff/changes like the FF series then it'll probably be good. Else we may have another situation like the Kingdom Hearts outselling the RE issue when their new sonic game comes out (IF it is going to be a sonic game). Hope they don whine then.:sing:

ATMA
09-13-2002, 07:17 AM
I think the chances are prety big that it will be a totaly new game! Could also be an online one! Sega got the experience so ........... :big smile

aneep
09-14-2002, 08:21 PM
probably this game will be one of the 2 new games that sega will unveil at TGS

-aneep-

Pikachu
09-18-2002, 06:22 PM
I want to see NiGHTS on PS2!! This is a Sonic Team production right?

aneep
09-20-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Pikachu
I want to see NiGHTS on PS2!! This is a Sonic Team production right?

yes, its by Naka

but if they are going to make a new NiGHTS, i don't think it will be for PS2

maybe GC

he has said that maybe no current console can do justice to his vision of the game, so maybe no NiGHTS at all this gen...

-aneep-

Black Sugar
09-20-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by aneep

yes, its by Naka

but if they are going to make a new NiGHTS, i don't think it will be for PS2

maybe GC

he has said that maybe no current console can do justice to his vision of the game, so maybe no NiGHTS at all this gen...

-aneep-

Gamecube... no doubt about it!

Cobi*
09-20-2002, 08:36 PM
nights?! ~^

*pfft* the only sonic team game that truely deserves a sequal is burning rangers! with exception of the graphics nights was done as well as it could have been on the saturn. how would a sequal be different? more levels? that wouldn't make sense and it would ruin the meaning of the first game. burning rangers really deserves a sequal, it would be so much more refined, and the ideas would gel together better given a more powerful system.

Rubeus
09-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Now the TGS is ended, so what is this new game from Sonic Team anyway? Anyone know?

Kid0_oIcarus
09-23-2002, 01:18 PM
I hope it's not Planet Harriers!? Wasn't that game scheduled for thGC?

Black Ace
09-23-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus

PH is Amusement Visions, maker of Super Monkey Ball series.

aneep
09-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus

other than rumors (since ppl like to think AV loves GC), no, that game was never announced for GC

-aneep-

Kid0_oIcarus
09-23-2002, 02:58 PM
You're right, I checked around and it was never actually confirmed. Rumored, and even suggested- just never confirmed. The rumor is old too, around May 2001.

As for AV preferring GC hardware- I don't know anything about that.