PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's True Fantasy Online?

Rubeus
09-12-2002, 03:51 AM
Anyone heard of True Fantasy Online for Xbox, is this some sort of Final Fantasy killer or Phantasy Star Online killer from Microsoft? I thought Level 5 is a second party of Sony, how can they make games for Xbox now?

Dr.Nick Riviera
09-12-2002, 09:36 AM
were did you hear this at

DBJAY
09-12-2002, 11:10 AM
I'ts part of Xbox Live for Japan, info over at http://www.gaming-age.com

Looks good, as does the online fishing title.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-12-2002, 11:18 AM
I dunno who's developing it nor care, but that True Fantasy Online looks good.. except for the characters themselves.. they sure are | )) ugly. I like how everything else looks, tho.
Post more info when you have it.

Oh and that's a fishing simulation!? I guess it'll appeal to all the avid fisherpersons

Rubeus
09-12-2002, 02:46 PM
A new preview in Magicbox is up, with even more new images. It seems like there are dozen of characters to choose from, you can even play as the KING or even a lizard monster!

Devilish
09-12-2002, 02:57 PM
This i would call a real RPG for the Xbox.8)

Vicviper
09-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Yes this is going to be awesome. I will expect to see everyone from here online playing this game. That is if you plan on getting Xbox live.

Rubeus
09-12-2002, 07:02 PM
It seems to be this is the same kind of game as Phantagram Interactive's Shining Lore, both games are action oriented MMORPG. Which one do you think is a better game? Shining Lore or True Fantasy Live Online?

Shining Lore seems to have one advantage, that it is multi-platform, meaning more users will be playing the game, and more variety.

Havoc2049
09-12-2002, 10:45 PM
Phantasy Star On-line!!:D

Alucard
09-13-2002, 12:56 AM
Same as what Icarus said. The character designs are woeful. But the backgrounds are nice. Cell shaded characters by the looks of it. I'd rather see what the gaming system is like before I'd call it awesome. Could be a boring hack/slash type like PSO. But that fishing game looks unreal. And I dont really enjoy fishing. Though I did spend a bit of time in the mini fishing game on Breath of Fire 3!

Kid0_oIcarus
09-13-2002, 08:07 AM
Yeah- because it was a mini-game.. ie- you had OTHER things to do.

Come on! Lets get a boat.. um.. and go fishing. Yea.

Maybe if the have a drinking simulation included..

After all- if they really want to simulate the fun of fishing.. they need to put in b33r!!

crazytaxinext
09-13-2002, 10:04 AM
I quite like the look of the game but it'd be nice if Xbox would get more offline RPGs.

Black Sugar
09-13-2002, 05:39 PM
Level 5 team are the same responsible for Dark Cloud and the upcoming Dark Cloud 2. The characters design are ulgy as hell, but the game look promising.

But to call the game `True Phantasy Online` is a little absurb !

DBJAY
09-13-2002, 07:40 PM
The fishing game is also a huge mutliplayer game so that makes it a bit different if you are in competition with many other people to see who can catch the fish first.

All they need now is a MMORPG based on horse racing.

aneep
09-14-2002, 05:46 PM
both games looks nice esp. the online fishing game

but what's with the name, True Fantasy Online Live? uugh, kinda rip of Final Fantasy(XI) and Phantasy Star Online at the same time

the character designs do look more european than japanese/anime-ish

imagine the TFOL with the Fishing online graphics, now that would be better IMO

-aneep-

WINDJAMMERS
09-14-2002, 07:46 PM
It looks like it is shaping up to be a great game. This is the type of games Xbox needs.

mvc2 bv
09-14-2002, 10:06 PM
the sounds cool