PDA

View Full Version : You Bleached?

cosmoblues
03-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Just got Bleach in the mail today. Not the best 3D fighter, but for fans of the series it is a damn fun game. After reading some opinions on gamefaqs, I got apprehensive. However, the game is a solid fighter, and a decent start to 3D fighters on handhelds.

Character movement is fast and fluid, and load times are around 15-17 secs. Don't worry though, as there is only one time the fight load's up: in the beginning. After that, when 1 player loses, there is a cursory break of about 3 secs as the downed player recovers, says something in Japanese (to the effect of you got lucky punk) and the second (best of 3, as usual) fight commences (a la MK: Deception).

I was afraid it was too easy, until I fought Inoue. That was the most fun I have had in a fighter aside from Naruto. If you aren't a Bleach fan, you may want to wait for this thing to show up on eBay cheap.

Dr. Bombay
03-28-2005, 03:23 PM
How many characters are in it? I'm interested to see how far the story goes, since the soul society arc is Still going

cosmoblues
03-28-2005, 06:41 PM
How many characters are in it? I'm interested to see how far the story goes, since the soul society arc is Still going

That's the one part that is lacking....only 6. So, story mode isn't beefy, by any means. I would be s.o.l. on this one, but I usually don't play story mode on fighters other than to unlock playables. Renji is the unlockable (and 6th) character in this game. It does, however, have all the other standard fighting game modes in it.

Now all I need to do is get Xlink up and running and see if this works on it.

naruto_sensei
03-28-2005, 07:39 PM
the 6 charachters are:
ichgo
ishida
rukia
chad
orihime
renji

this game is based on the anime and they haven't introduced that many charachters yet. I'm sure it'll have more charachters if they decide to make a sequel

Dr. Bombay
03-28-2005, 08:11 PM
SIX?!!!?!!

WTF!!!! No! Boo this game! 1 out of 10 already.

They should have at least included some hollows or Don Kojigi or even friggen Kon if they were only gonna go up to the Byukaga fight. Six people in a fighting game is ****, I don't care who you are.

Waste of money.

[M]egaman Ver.6
03-29-2005, 01:06 AM
6 characters? Argh...oh well if I can find it for less than 40 on Ebay I'll pick it. They should have put Kiego in the game, he'd be the Dan of Heat the Soul.

Also Urahara, Ururu, Jinta, and Tessai would have been cool extras.

cosmoblues
03-29-2005, 04:01 PM
egaman Ver.6']
Also Urahara, Ururu, Jinta, and Tessai would have been cool extras.

Urahara should have definitely been playable

Cross
03-29-2005, 09:24 PM
Dammit! I wanted more characters, they could have easily popped 16 characters in there. All the captains, Ichigo and the gang, Urahara and his gang, the cat woman (forgot her name) and some of the 2nd seats of the shinigami for good measure.

naruto_sensei
03-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Dammit! I wanted more characters, they could have easily popped 16 characters in there. All the captains, Ichigo and the gang, Urahara and his gang, the cat woman (forgot her name) and some of the 2nd seats of the shinigami for good measure.

like I said the probably isn't that far right now.

cosmoblues
03-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, didn't Naruto 1 on GC have only about 8 or 9 characters to start? So yeah they should've thrown in at least Urahara and maybe make a Rukia Shinigami-mode character, too. Expect the next game to have more.

Aside from the character number issue, this is actually a very fun fighting game. I wish my wireless stuff worked with Xlink...