PDA

View Full Version : Wild ARMs The 4th Detonator Impressions

DarknessTearv2
03-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Alright, first of all anyone can make another thread or whatever I don't care. Either that or post thoughts here. First of all, I'm a HUGE Wild ARMs fan, which is why I even bothered to get the Japanese version of Wild ARMs 4.

Okay...

This game is not only beautiful but it's cinematic and well done. It's like a playable anime, realistic mouth movements and all.. The cel-shading is way better than Wild ARMs 3 which had some problems with it. But this is really good. The scenery and detail is amazing.

The battle system is better than I percieved, you can move your characters in to each of these hexes in the field, there's like 6 or 7 hexes, I forget. A couple of them have elements on them, so when you use a magic attack with one of the characters it uses that elemental spell. The game has better platforming elements than most platformers and it has some neat little features. Also at the beginning you get to sneak around using your little skills like double jumping and sliding so enemies don't see you.

The music is as good as the older ones so far, I've actually run into a crappy song out of the 6 or so I've heard so far, which rarely happens. I'm not too impressed yet but there were some really good songs.

And I'm not saying this because I'm a Wild ARMs fanboy!

Escaflowne2001
03-24-2005, 09:52 AM
The fear is for me is that it won't get picked up for Europe come on UBI. sounds interesting the battle system sounds abit like Arc The Lad: TOTS which was pretty good.

Still waiting for WA remake myself though.