PDA

View Full Version : PSP online? very quiet so far....

FinalSolace2
03-23-2005, 05:40 PM
When will psp go online? will they ever? are they gonna have theyre own service?

I cant help to think theyre gone and done exactly what theyve done with the PS2.

what throws more water on my fires is the fact that sony hasn't countered the DS's online plans with any concrete information of any kind- which is weird for such a cocky announcement-counter company with regards to handhelds admidst this war.

also the fact that nintendo beat them to the punch throws up more questions for me with the such an "advanced platform" sony has.

any speculations, announcements rumour's info welcome.

Paper exe
03-23-2005, 06:03 PM
I thought PSP is already online and they already made an MMORPG for it too and it will release in this month or in april(in US off course)

FinalSolace2
03-23-2005, 07:22 PM
I thought PSP is already online and they already made an MMORPG for it too and it will release in this month or in april(in US off course)

ive heard stuff as well.

the most prominant piece of info so far is regarding wipeout pure, with new levels vehicles and music for download.

but they havn't explained how that will work exactly.

psu is not likly to appear unless the network becomes stable, but i have reservations that sony could implement a stable working system- thats including service charges- thats why i say that developers are on their own, which if definately a bad route for sony IMO. i cant see online significantly taking off if this is the case.

theres way to much gray area!

have they even announced plans to showcase online ability for psp at e3? without anything more than "were going online" how are they gonna compell people to buy thier hardware? in the way of marketing this is important- which suggests me to believe they haven't got a worthwhile plan.

[M]egaman Ver.6
03-23-2005, 10:45 PM
The current network for PSP is like the PS2s, it run off of servers by the developer. Sony showed how to get online with games at GDC (check IGN for how they set up the games and stuff). Sony isn't pushing the online like they should be but it's there and from IGN it doesn't seem to be any less worth check out if you want to get online with a PSP.

While I wish they would do a interface and system similar to XBL, but I'd rather not pay.

TheHardware
03-23-2005, 10:57 PM
egaman Ver.6']The current network for PSP is like the PS2s, it run off of servers by the developer. Sony showed how to get online with games at GDC (check IGN for how they set up the games and stuff). Sony isn't pushing the online like they should be but it's there and from IGN it doesn't seem to be any less worth check out if you want to get online with a PSP.

While I wish they would do a interface and system similar to XBL, I'd rather not pay.

yeah its not being promoted the way it should be.

but here for the poster of this thread

PSP ONLINF RIGHT AWAY (http://psp.ign.com/articles/585/585937p1.html)

FinalSolace2
03-24-2005, 02:35 PM
online developer services cost labour costs and all that.

if they all wonna set up their own services- thats gonna cost money.

you cant be expectec to pay for services on all your purchased games- that would be really stupid.

draw you own conclusions about this- my mind is already made up.

Akabei
03-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Can someone explain to me how the Sony system of having the game developer/publisher host the online games is different from how Nintendo is going to do it? Is Nintendo going to host the servers themselves? Or are there online games going to be an online version of a multiplayer ad-hoc game where the first DS is considered the host?

If Nintendo hosts the games then explain how that is different from a developer hosting?

I hope that they are not going to use the Ad-hoc system, that will suck due to lag issues.

The fact is that PSP games are online already, Sony has a system up and running today, not at some distant point in the future.