PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy reviews Shining Tears.

Decado
03-19-2005, 02:49 PM
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/shining-tears/597427p1.html

3/5

Another flop from Sega. Who would have thunk it? :sweat:

BashingU
03-19-2005, 03:34 PM
three out of 5 is a flop?

Decado
03-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Of course. That's 60%. That's pretty damned aweful. It isn't like Sega made it difficult on themselves by making a really ambitious or unique title. :annoyed:

Abaddon
03-19-2005, 04:19 PM
That's pretty damned aweful.

So is gamespy though...

I'm not going to defend another Shining Action RPG because those things are pissing me off to high hell, but lets atleast give it a chance :thumb-up:

Messanic
03-19-2005, 04:59 PM
I've played the demo to this game, the game is capped at 30fps, and the controls are akward as hell. I don't think it's that bad although it could have been much better.

Decado
03-19-2005, 06:11 PM
but lets atleast give it a chance :thumb-up: No real point. All the other reviews I've heard of say the same thing.

Hallucinus
03-19-2005, 07:20 PM
i think this game looks fantastic
keep in mind i thought shining soul 1 and 2 were terrific
im looking very forward to getting this on wednesday

Abaddon
03-19-2005, 07:29 PM
I hated Shining Soul 1, but Shining Soul 2 was adequate enough to keep me entertained, the fact that it had multiple classes really helped push to that outcome, however the stages were mediocre at best. Clearly it wasn't the epic battles I have come to hope these new gen Shining games would have, maybe classic shining games gave me too high of expectations.

This is the primary reason why I feel that even though I love action rpgs, I always felt that Shining Force should stay turn based, but it looks like those days are 'dead', so I gotta start giving these games a shot, especially since I love the shining universe so much.

Messanic
03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
This is the primary reason why I feel that even though I love action rpgs, I always felt that Shining Force should stay turn based, but it looks like those days are 'dead', so I gotta start giving these games a shot, especially since I love the shining universe so much.

You love the Shining Universe, well think about it, Shing Force is devoted to Strategy, there was never a Shining Force game that was an action RPG. All of them start with Shining and have another name like Tears, Soul, or the Holy Ark. Yes there is Shining Force Neo, but the Neo at the end still enforces the idea that it isn't a Shining Force game.

Abaddon
03-19-2005, 08:20 PM
You love the Shining Universe, well think about it, Shing Force is devoted to Strategy, there was never a Shining Force game that was an action RPG. All of them start with Shining and have another name like Tears, Soul, or the Holy Ark. Yes there is Shining Force Neo, but the Neo at the end still enforces the idea that it isn't a Shining Force game.

Think of it this way, you have something you love, wouldn't you want to see it at its best? Shining Force was for me the best interpretation of the Shining Universe, more specifically part 2, I know alot of people like the Shining in the Holy Art (and the Shining in the Darkness) games, but really, I wasn't too down with those, and Shining Force 1 was alright, but part 2, that was a masterpiece, part 3 could have been if all 3 installments came out (I think the fact that I knew the last 2 parts were missing made me a little sour)

I guess what I mean is that the best experience I had with the universe, was when it was represented in a turn based environment, so naturally thats what I want to see, but it appears as those days are dead.

And Shining Force Neo before it was Neo was just Shining Force, and that was a low blow, still is.

DarknessTearv2
03-19-2005, 09:13 PM
It's Ark, not Art!

Oooohhh burn. Hey, get on AIM. You're here but not on AIM, that's bad!

Abaddon
03-20-2005, 02:53 AM
It's Ark, not Art!

Oooohhh burn. Hey, get on AIM. You're here but not on AIM, that's bad!

I knew that! It was a typo :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

By the way I'm on AIM now, but your ass is Asleep! DONT USE THE FORUMS FOR YOUR PERSONAL CHATROOM!!! :too mad: :too mad: :too mad: You have to respect the integrity of the forum and follow the rules! and if I really believed that myself I might try it. :thumb-up:

Daniel4802
03-20-2005, 04:40 AM
I've seen the demo and the main issue is that the advanced spell animations take a very long time to finish - nearly 45 seconds. I'll get my friend who works at Gamestop to check out the game for me so I can play it for 4 days; thus I can decide whether or not to buy it.

Paper exe
03-20-2005, 06:32 AM
what about Shining wisdom for SEGA Saturn?
http://www.sega-saturn.com/saturn/software/sw.htm

Abaddon
03-20-2005, 06:37 AM
what about Shining wisdom for SEGA Saturn?
http://www.sega-saturn.com/saturn/software/sw.htm

Thats Shining Wisdom, not Shining Force. He's reffering to the "Force" brand.

ps. I don't care what messa says about the Neo thing, when that game was first announced, there was no Neo, there was a fucking highway, a dragon (I think it was a dragon), and the name Shining Force, thats it! It's still got the Shining Force name, and its a kick to the balls is what it is! :too mad:

Paper exe
03-20-2005, 06:55 AM
What the different both are the same franchise.

Abaddon
03-20-2005, 07:41 AM
What the different both are the same franchise.

Think Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics, and FF:CC, same franchise, different brand, I use the word brand but in reality it's just a different take.

I like the Shining Force take.

What I didn't get was that there was already a series on the Sega systems that was an action rpg, the Oasis series (which I actually liked quite a bit for both the Saturn and Genesis)

That fucking series needs to make a comeback dammit! I loved Legend of Oasis, great game. :thumb-up:

sharky~
03-20-2005, 08:27 AM
I wouldnt say a 3/5 was bad, Apprantly the game has bad loading time,
but I wouldnt be put off by that.

It obviously doesnt have massive flashy graphics.. Which is what people
are looking for these days, But it DOES please the hardcore Shining Force fan's
for keeping too the 'Shining Style' and I think it looks Great!

However SF Neo I wont be getting!