PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Metal Gear Solid 3 trailer spells Xbox exclusive?

Black Ace
09-10-2002, 10:07 AM
Kojima sequel only for Xbox rumours hot up.

It has long been suspected that Metal Gear Solid will become an Xbox exclusive franchise in the coming years, or at least debut on the Microsoft system before gracing Sony or Nintendo consoles.

We have received word that the upcoming Xbox remake, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, will contain a teaser trailer for the Xbox version of Metal Gear Solid 3, the as-yet unannounced sequel in Hideo Kojima?s huge-selling hide and seek sim.

This news has sparked furious renewed rumour that Metal Gear Solid 3 will be an Xbox exclusive, though the official word from Konami Europe at this point is that ??in the current climate, we would be surprised if this were the case.?

Spong Reports

Your thoughts?

Nindalf
09-10-2002, 10:11 AM
Oh bugger!
One of the rare PS2 games im interrested and now there is the possibility that it comes only for XBOX!Oh the humanity!

Okay lets all join hands and say no to Xbo...drugs let say no to drugs :D

Kid0_oIcarus
09-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Bah - what else did you expect from Microsoft when you invite them into your homes?

I doubt Sony'd let this one go, though.

crazytaxinext
09-10-2002, 10:29 AM
Absolutley 110% not true in the slightest and more fool the news sites for thinking its true. For one, MGS only really sells well in the US and Europe, Japan never really caught on to it that amazingly. Now US sales are good of the Xbox but well behind PS2 and in Europe Xbox sales are almost cripplingly slow. Konami has also shown reluctant support of the system since it first launched. Releasing MGS3 on Xbox would almost certainly cripple the series. Whilst the hardware and the game may well be great there is no way that sales would work out for Konami and they know it. When MGS3 comes, and the odds are good that it won't be until the next generation of consoles, it won't be coming on the least successful system. Konami doesn't work like that.

Nindalf
09-10-2002, 10:32 AM
But you are forgetting something....Money!
MS can pay Konami to make that game on Xbox!Although its unlikely is possible!

But hope Konami realizes that PS2 ives best sells! But anythings possible!

crazytaxinext
09-10-2002, 10:35 AM
It is possible that MS could pay an extortionate amount of cash for it but seeing as MGS sells more copies thatn MS sells Xbox's I still can't see it happening.

Black Ace
09-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Konami usally give GameCube the boot when it comes to support with genuine titles. All they doing is some Disney crap stunts. Nintendo can do one thing to get Metal Gear Solid on GameCube; 1. No more GBA, Konami back up the GBA huge because it is the best selling handheld system. That means Konami would have to make games for Wonder Swan Crystal/Color.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-10-2002, 10:51 AM
Yeah, like what they did to Square, right?

Black Ace
09-10-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Yeah, like what they did to Square, right?

Well Square isn't directly involved with the GameCube. However, Game Designer Studios are handling the GBA/GC development, they are headed up by some of Square designers.

mxgame
09-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Considering the fact that the PS2 and Xbox version of substance are supposed to have identical content it doens't really mean much. Even though the PS2 version is coming out after the Xbox version it's really just an enhanced port.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-10-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Bill
Well Square isn't directly involved with the GameCube. However, Game Designer Studios are handling the GBA/GC development, they are headed up by some of Square designers.

Well, for all intents and purposes, it's Square.. as they'll probably be focusing on either bringing new Square titles our way, or porting them. I wonder though, I don't think the label will be from Square.. will it?

Black Ace
09-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus

Well, for all intents and purposes, it's Square.. as they'll probably be focusing on either bringing new Square titles our way, or porting them. I wonder though, I don't think the label will be from Square.. will it?

How did this went from Metal Gear Solid to Square is beyond me. :P

Overlord
09-10-2002, 11:19 PM
crazytaxinext:
It is possible that MS could pay an extortionate amount of cash for it but seeing as MGS sells more copies thatn MS sells Xbox's I still can't see it happening.

Exactly, Konami has sold more copies of MGS2 than Microsoft has sold Xboxs'.

...I don't see any exclusivity happening.

aneep
09-14-2002, 06:20 PM
if this is true, which i doubt, MGS3 will be a system mover just like MGS2 did to PS2 (come on, lots of ppl bought the ps2 at launch just because they know MGS2 and FFX will come to that system a year later, not because the games ps2 launched with)

so Xbox sales should spiked accordingly to the release of the game (MGS3 that is, not MGS2:S, which is just a port)

-aneep-

aneep
09-14-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Konami usally give GameCube the boot when it comes to support with genuine titles. All they doing is some Disney crap stunts. Nintendo can do one thing to get Metal Gear Solid on GameCube; 1. No more GBA, Konami back up the GBA huge because it is the best selling handheld system. That means Konami would have to make games for Wonder Swan Crystal/Color.

MS did just that with their Windows software and IE (support our products or we won't support yours) and that lands them in court for illegal activities

hehe, but since its Nintendo doing it, nobody will cry foul ;)

-aneep-