PDA

View Full Version : Hey I got the Xbox!

Black Ace
09-10-2002, 12:26 AM
My friend is about to moved away, and he gave me his Xbox. Cool! I played it a few times at his house, and Halo is one of the best game ever. Can't wait for the sequel. Any other games I should picked up? I'm gonna sell Madden 2002 since I already got it on GameCube, and maybe getting a racing game, either Project Gotham Racing or Sega GT.

Alucard
09-10-2002, 01:01 AM
Wait a couple weeks and grab the Robotech game. Otherwise grab JEt Set Radio Future. Excellent game.

Black Ace
09-10-2002, 01:21 AM
I played Jet Grind Radio on Dreamcast, that game is crap. What are some of Microsoft first party line up? I mostly get first party games on any given console.

Alucard
09-10-2002, 01:26 AM
First party lineup is crap. And Halo is a good game but not groundbreaking. A number of FPS on the PC rival it easily.

Nindalf
09-10-2002, 04:43 AM
Sell it! And with the moneys buy GC Games! BUHAHAHHAHAHA!
:haha:

just kidding :P
I dont know mutch about Xbox games but how about waiting for LOTR and Shenmue2?

Kid0_oIcarus
09-10-2002, 08:27 AM
Yeah, what Alucard said - use it to play the Tecmo and Sega exclusives that they've paid lots of bling bling for... other than that.. door stop :D

Seriously though, look out for Psychonauts and Blinxx.. though the latter, while good on paper, isn't going so well I've heard... might end up as crap.. we'll see.

Oh and also check out that great Bruce Lee Fighting game.. it r0xs!

Vicviper
09-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Wait a minute. This guy GAVE you his Xbox? WTF? He must be loaded with money and not even care. Congratulations to you Bill. That is some luck you must have

Kid0_oIcarus
09-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Yeah, right? What happened- not enough good games for him, or something? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, how come he just gave it away like that?

Black Ace
09-10-2002, 04:08 PM
Well, its not like I couldn't afford an Xbox myself. Dont you peeps read, my friend is planning to move, he can't simply take every single items with him, especially not electronics like TV, stereo and the likes. He got his Xbox after the price reduction and plus he got it at a discount for working at a Best Buy store. Which I remember was around $180, he got two games, Madden and Halo, since I already got Madden for GameCube, I sold the Xbox version. I actually wanted to get an Xbox last month for my birthday, but said I would wait til Christmas. I don't think he never liked the Xbox that much, he's not really a serious gaming freak.

Vicviper
09-10-2002, 05:59 PM
But still, just to give it to you! I mean he could have sold it to a local store for $90 at the least. Does it work ok? Did he stuff drug paraphernalia inside it as to avoid the law?

Black Ace
09-10-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Vicviper
But still, just to give it to you! I mean he could have sold it to a local store for $90 at the least. Does it work ok? Did he stuff drug paraphernalia inside it as to avoid the law?

To answer the first part of your question. Yes it works great, no troubled with it thus far, no freezed up to report at this point. To answer the second part of your question, nothing of that nature was ever found, there is no trace. :P

I will locked this if its keep going off topic. Keep to the point of recommendation of what titles I should pick up. Oh yeah I'm thinking of renting Sega GT before buying it, is it anything close to Grand Turismo 3? Project Gotham Racing I heard was alright, just great graphics and average gameplay.

soadx
09-11-2002, 01:28 AM
Yea, you should pick up Robotech: Battlecry. It looks amazing. It'll be out on September 24th for the good ol' xbox and PS2 and October 8th for Gamecube. Check out some pics and a trailer here:
http://www.robotechbase.com/pop.php?aff=e84689df27478fb2f0add8f5a0ac0eb4

If you've got any questions about the game I will surely help you out. Later man. :)

Havoc2049
09-12-2002, 01:02 AM
Sega GT has been getting some great reviews. Most reviewers are saying it is a great game, but not quite as good as GT3. For first party racing games, both Project Gotham Racing(over 1 million copies sold) and RalliSport Challenge are good games.
If you enjoy F-Zero/Whipout type racers, Quantum Redshift comes out in a few days and has recieved good previews.

For what it is worth, here is a list of my games and the scores that I would give them.

Halo: 10
DOA3: 9.3
PGR: 9.0
Transworld Surf: 6.0(soon to be traded-in)
Silent Hill 2: 8.9
Gunvalkyrie: 9.1
Morrowind: 8.9
Crazy Taxi 3: 8.8
Dead to Rights: 9.0

Alucard
09-12-2002, 03:13 AM
Bill, you shouldn't snap at people for asking questions and threatening to use your mod powers because thats abusing. They were simple questions.

IF you really want a car game though, I wouldn't recommend Gotham too much. The Dreamcast version was way cooler. I haven't played GT2002 yet, but the previous game didn't impress me much. Rallysport Challenge for the Xbox is awesome. I wrote up a very simple brief review elsewhere. Thats a game worth buying. Unbelievable.

mvc2 bv
09-14-2002, 11:48 PM
you should get sega GT i played it and its fun