PDA

View Full Version : How I think Nintendo Revolution will be...

manicdvln
03-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Controller:

A handle that you hold like a joystick in which your thumb would reach the tip of handle where there is an analog nub/trackball. The handle on the side of each of your wrapped fingers has a button, and an extra trigger button. So in all, on the side it will have 5 buttons and on the tip an analog nub. The handle also has an embedded voice recognition for karaoke games as well as for VoIP, and to turn on revolution by simply giving voice command which means the handle can also act like a mic.

The whole handle itself has built in gyroscopic technology which means for games like sports games you can pitch the handle and it would throw the ball. Or imagining you have a golf club and when you swing the handle it hits the golf ball.

Revolution will have a built in eyetoy like camera that can capture your face, your body and other room objects and project them into a virtual world. For instance like the new mario kart arcdade GP, your face can actually be the drivers face in 3D.

It can also use the camera to detect movement so that like a game where boxing is involved, you can swing your body and it will be transalated in the virtual ring.

Connectivity:

Revolution will have DS wireless connectivity, but also have online connectivity and can act as a router for DS to go online. (This would make perfect sense for people who do not have wireless routers, they can use the revolution to have that capability)

Data storage:

The revolution will use a proprietary DVD. It will also have a built in Hard drive for game updates, saves and game editing and saving your virtual persona from camera for online and single player games.

It will also understand what time it is and check the weather where you are living from the net and project it in games.

Compatibility.

It will be reverse compatible and be able to play GC games.

The GC gamepads still work on Revolution gameports.

Design and other features:

Revolution will look more like N64 than GC. It will be flat and can be hooked up with your TV, DVD and other products to work seemlessly together so that you can watch TV but do Picture in Picture and play a game as well during commercials. Pretty much it has the audio/video outputs to act like a reciever.

It will be Silver/black like the DS as default color.

Cost:

Revolution will sell for 250$ US. Gamepads 40$ each. Games 60-70$.

Hope you enjoyed my fantasy, it was based on many Nintendo patents in which I put them together into one machine.

Joe Redifer
03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
It had BETTER have karaoke! Karaoke is the hit sensation of the 90's! Who cares about playing games when you can sing and look like an ass? Karaoke was the reason the JVC Wondermega sold in the billions. :D

manicdvln
03-07-2005, 04:30 PM
It had BETTER have karaoke! Karaoke is the hit sensation of the 90's! Who cares about playing games when you can sing and look like an ass? Karaoke was the reason the JVC Wondermega sold in the billions.

See even sarcrastic *******s like you like my ideas :)

Entertainer
03-07-2005, 06:40 PM
actually kareoke would be awesome in Japan. It is huge there, every Japanese person I meet always complains about the lack of kareoke in america. Do i think that feature will make it a success...., no, but it would add extra incentive for Japanese people.

I hope to god games aren't 60-70 dollars.... but with the extra develpoing costs I guess it is to be expected. I think displaying weather in a game would be annoying. Maybe a better feature would be to incorporate current weather into games like madden so that you would play under the exact conditions that are right outside. I could see its usage in a MMO though.

The only genre I see benefiting from gyroscope controllers are FPS. Image running with an analog stick, then looking around by moving your controller. I think it would be awesome because dual analog sticks make it difficult to use the face buttons in FPS, and tilt sensors would free up the right thumb to do as it pleases.

$250 sounds like a reasonable price off the bat. The one thing it needs to be is ultra slick looking. I don't want some retarted plastic lunchbox this time around, I want something people say wow too, much like the initial response to the PS2 monolith design.

Drunken Savior
03-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I like most of the idea, but I'm not sold on the weather idea. If you wanna replicate the weather outside in a sports game, just look outside and set the weather accordingly. You don't need a special piece of hardware for that, it'll just add to the overall manufacturing cost.

manicdvln
03-07-2005, 07:27 PM
I like most of the idea, but I'm not sold on the weather idea. If you wanna replicate the weather outside in a sports game, just look outside and set the weather accordingly. You don't need a special piece of hardware for that, it'll just add to the overall manufacturing cost.

Checking weather from the net doesn't cost anything for manufacturing because it's all software coding.

Game goes online, checks weather, sets weather conditions in game. This was a patent for 64 DD that was never implemented, but intriguing, especially games like animal crossing and RPGs and simulations.

Drunken Savior
03-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Heh, we'll see once Nintendo unleashes their online plan 100%.

Quasar
03-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Heh, we'll see once Nintendo unleashes their online plan 100%.

which will hopefully happen on the 10th!

back on topic, I like the idea. The weather thing could be cool, but it sounds more like a gimmick to me.

Dr. Bombay
03-08-2005, 04:47 PM
It is a gimmick. But that'll probably not be a major feature since almost 0 3rd party developers save for sports game makers will take advantage of it.

Well Man
03-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Thinking about the possibilities of the Revolution seems to have driven me partially insane, my feeble mind has been unable to grasp what the #$%k Nintendo and Iwata are up to. Not to mention Sony getting a white guy to run their business, if that isn't a sign of end times for the videogame industry I don't know what is.

Anyway back to insanity. Look boss de plane!

manicdvln
03-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Thinking about the possibilities of the Revolution seems to have driven me partially insane, my feeble mind has been unable to grasp what the #$%k Nintendo and Iwata are up to. Not to mention Sony getting a white guy to run their business, if that isn't a sign of end times for the videogame industry I don't know what is.

Anyway back to insanity. Look boss de plane!

End times for video game industry cause Sony sucks in financial managment? Sorry but your brain is out of wack. Since when did the videogame industry been led by Sony? They haven't contributed anything to videogames, creativity or any sort of innovation that changed the course of gaming. Claim doom to the video game industry when Nintendo falls, not Sony.

Well Man
03-09-2005, 10:36 PM
End times for video game industry cause Sony sucks in financial managment? Sorry but your brain is out of wack. Since when did the videogame industry been led by Sony? They haven't contributed anything to videogames, creativity or any sort of innovation that changed the course of gaming. Claim doom to the video game industry when Nintendo falls, not Sony.

Yeah I know my brian is not functioning correctly. I told you the lights are on but no one is in the tub. :spinface:

manicdvln
03-11-2005, 11:55 AM
I Was Right Bitches... My Predictions Were True!

I Am The Best! Kneel To Zod!

Tomoharu
03-11-2005, 02:40 PM

Well Sony did not contribute anything revolutionary(no pun intended) but they have been the #1 video game company in sales for a while now. Lets hope that when Nintendo does realese their revolution system that it is not overlooked by the huge 3rd party support for the Xbox 2 and PS3 becuase it looks like that is what America wants right now. A huge diversity in games and producers.