PDA

View Full Version : Psp movie dock..ready to hurt your eyes?

TheHardware
02-22-2005, 05:47 PM
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/hardware/features/psp101/psp101_screen006.jpg

The Theater Experience features the same technology as the charger case so it also includes a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery that adds 5 hours of playtime to the PSP.

The Theater Experience will do everything that the charger case does plus it also features two stereo speakers, headphone jack and an adjustable viewing angle making it ideal for watching movies.

The two stereo speakers provide High Fidelity sound.

Release Date: Mar 24 2005

im not a hundred percent sure about release date but lets hope its true

i made this thread for ppl that were looking for info on this item it took me forever to find out the name alone lol

if you have eny other info on this item please share and if you can find a site that is actualy selling this item as a preorder please post it thanks

I am all set to pick up my psp lets just see if i dont go crazy before the day comes

Alucard
02-23-2005, 11:24 AM
You know if you really want to watch movies you can just go and buy a freakin Zen player which has better picture quality and larger screen then this flimsy waste of space. Majority of the games it'll be getting will be PS2 ports anyway. Over inflated movie player.

Dr. Bombay
02-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Eww...

You know, the PSP may be slick as all hell, but every perhapsal that's come out for it or been announced for it is truly fugly.

Alucard
02-23-2005, 11:50 AM
perhapsal

I dont know why but this is the word of the month for me..

BashingU
02-23-2005, 12:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :clap: :clap: :cool guy:

I've been guilty as well..... :haha:

REDFlELD
02-23-2005, 01:30 PM
I think a widescreen TV walkman is really something... but can you watch TV shows with this?

Reality
02-23-2005, 01:41 PM
No, from the looks of things it's just a speaker system that has a battery and can recharge you PSP. It makes as much sense as to buy one of those $100 speaker systems for the ipod and set it up right beside your computer.

Dr. Bombay
02-23-2005, 01:44 PM
If this could double as a carrying case, I would give it the time of day, as a silver reflective hard case would be ideal for the PSP. But this just looks creepy and odd.

It's in dire need of a redesign.

TheHardware
02-23-2005, 06:24 PM
well i think it looks cool....i may pick one up...and alucard dont you think maybe you should calm down a bit...after all the topic is about the movie player..you and many others have ample other threads to show your low tolerance for the psp...but this one wasnt even about the psp..its about the dock.....sheesh

It seems if one wants to be popular on these boards all you gotta do is dis sony.....

Alucard
02-24-2005, 12:13 AM
eh? Like being popular even entered my mind. Especially on a message board. Thats pretty funny.. No, unlike majority of you I've voiced my distaste for Sony LONG before they even mentioned the PSX.

As for that...thing up there.. I really cant make it out. Looks fairly bulky to cart around.

As for watching tv on it, the best you can do is grab a tv episode of something from the net, or just recod it from TV and put it onto your computer, rip a dvd blahblah whatever you choose, then encode that into the format that PSP uses. When done with that you can save it to the memory stick if you have the room and slot it in. Thats the only way to watch TV on it. Friend had a few episodes he was showing me of Enterprise and..something else I dont recall. Looked fine. I'm not 100% sure whether its the refresh rate of the screen or the super condensement of the shows, or maybe even both, but it looked fine if somewhat....slightly off. But fine nonetheless.