PDA

View Full Version : Sony and Us

Onmitsu
04-23-2002, 02:44 AM
I would just like to ask you guys whether you think Sony have treated their customers well over the few years....When deciding please think about the launch day with the ALRIGHT games and how they are expecting us to pay for the NEtwork connector and HDD.....Think about how we had to buy a new multi-tap to play games with friends. Think about how our old memory cards basically became obsolete in terms of PS2 usage. Think about the prices of these items and tell me whether Sony are treating us well.

typexig
04-23-2002, 03:00 AM
i think sony have treated me pretty good, with all the great games i have right now....at first i was mad cuz i didnt get a ps2 when it first launched cuz it was sold out.. but after i got it 4-6months later after it launched i felt really good..as for the hdd and the internet thinggy. ama get it..i dont care if i have to pay $100-$200 cuz i can get that in much money in two weeks.=)

grahf
04-23-2002, 03:05 AM
Wait, let me get this straight. You expect Sony to apologize for not including a HDD/BB unit, not supporting 4 controller ports, and not allowing PS1 memory cards to work with the PS2 system? Oh my god, run for the hills everyone, the sky is falling because sony chosed to be smart.

Let's look at the facts here for a moment shall we? If Sony would have included a HDD/BB unit, how much would this cost? 400,500? Did you know that less than 30 percent of the world has broad band? Think about it, why would Sony want to incorperate a technology that has yet to proved itself as reliable or even profited onto their console? If you look at it from a business point of view, then you'd see that this was not only a brilliant, but also a cost effective choice.

Now you complain about PS2 not having 4 controller ports? Hm let's see, how many games have we seen that uses all 4 controllers? Not many if I recall. Even on the N64, there weren't quite that many games that supports 4 player. The idea of having to purchase FOUR controllers, $120, might not have bode well with many gamers, at least not to me. So you see, perhaps this decision was actually benificial to the everyone.

Non compatible PS1 memory card with PS2 system? Well this is quite obvious, the inherit limitation of the PS1 MC is to be blame. It's not sony's or anyone's fault.

Onmitsu, please think before you drone on and on about such trivial matters.

testtubebaby
04-23-2002, 03:10 AM
ugh, coupled with his console bias' topic in general, it's plain to see that Onmitsu is a big xbox/M$ fan...

do us a favor and stick to your designated forum, as all you seem to do is piss people off.

ATMA
04-23-2002, 04:06 AM
yep i have to agree with grahf i mean there's not alot of games that support the 4 players thingie
and i don't think just because sony didn't put the 4 ports and the hdd on the ps2 . means it's treating us bad i'm happy with sony right now and i have a great confidence in the ps2 things looks bright in the future for sony my opinion is sony is treating us verry good !!! BEEFCAAAAAKE :D

pfk
04-23-2002, 01:33 PM
i must admit i'm not always happy with sony decision but they seem to know what they're doing, they took nintendo's no1 spot!

the 4 controller should be standard but my biggest complant is the dvd drive. I've got a US ps2 on day one and i'd figure it would'nt last me 5 years (ps1 experience) but when the drive could'nt read dvds in only 9-12 month i was in shock. I bought a new one. i wanted to buy a separate dvd for movies only but it could'nt read dvd games neither so i had to go with a new ps2. and now another 6-9 month it's starting to skip more and more, specially at the beginning of the movies... so i'm saving for a real dvd player :(

aside fro that i love my ps2, there's just too many great games!! and now the net play is upon us!!!!!!!

gopheraaron
04-23-2002, 01:49 PM
I agree that the 4 controller should be standard since the trend of gaming nowadays is having more and more players at the same time.
As for the HDD, I think its just a plain rib off, I hate add-ons of anykind, I think its just a way to lure more money.
And the games, they're great, I'm fine with them.
But denfinetly the price of the US PS2 console has to be reduced. The Japanese and Asian PS2s are only selling at 240USD, that's not fair for us. :(

Strider2040
04-23-2002, 02:21 PM
k

Onmitsu
04-23-2002, 02:44 PM
well it seems like some of you guys dont understand the question. To put it bruntly, Sony gave us crap games at launch, i only ended up buying Timesplitters and Tekken Tag. Even mags said that the launch games were rubbish...i dont really care how many ports are on a console but what i did care about is that my old multi tap was made redundant as Sony wanted a new multi tap. In my house, money is no object so Grtapf you can keep your mouth shut as im probably more of a Sony fan than you, maybe you should start reading reviews.

I love the games i have on PS2 but when i look back to launch day, i remember the way it was...Magazines saying Sony have treated their customers badly...You may not like it but its true...Sony seemed to just know that we would buy the console no matter what happened ( the fool i was).

I am basically talking about the shortage of consoles on launch, the crap games at launch, the PRICE of the network connector, HDD and monthly fees (on certain games). one in ten is the pick up rate for add ons (Go to any games site and it will tell you). IF this is the case you would of thought that Sony lowered their prices.
The xbox cost 299 with a HDD and a BD unit inside...Sony could of easily done that...This would allow developers to make games knowing that everyone has the same standard...Now that some people will buy the HDD and BD unit, the developer is left stuck thinking whether to create a game that uses the HDD or not....

One question...Why do you think developers program on PS2? Only because they know they will make money. Not becasue Sony are this wonderful company.

I have a PS2 SO TESTUBEBABY go back to the test tube you came from.

Grapf is just upset as he believes that the media doesnt belong in his life...actually i think you dont know how to use the media to make decisions on certain things. For example games. As UK importer said, you are quite DUMB. :)

testtubebaby
04-23-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Onmitsu
I have a PS2 SO TESTUBEBABY go back to the test tube you came from.

oh, like i haven't heard that one a thousand times...

and the ps2 had no shortage of good games at launch (easily stomping xbox's launch offerings)... i picked up ssx, armored core 2, and unreal tourny... all those games were very enjoyable until other games that needed more development time came out.

gabriel
04-23-2002, 05:29 PM
Grapf is just upset as he believes that the media doesnt belong in his life...actually i think you dont know how to use the media to make decisions on certain things. For example games. As UK importer said, you are quite DUMB.

If media told you to jump off a bridge, would you? All I hear from you is "I read in a magazine that...", or "This game got a good review so obviously it's good." I know those quotes are paraphrased, but it still gets my point across. Try basing your opinions on what you think yourself, not what you read in some magazine.

As for the question at hand, I think it's hard for a manufacturer of a product to be treating it's customers poorly, unless their games are giving you cancer or something.

BTW, nice sig Testtube, Trainspotting is great :)

pfk
04-23-2002, 05:53 PM
personnally i did'nt cry over the launch games, i got Tekken tag, Nhl 2001 and ssx right away (those preorder bundles). On the first night i only had ssx and beleive me i played it til 6 in the morning :)

played TTT until i couldn't stand Eddy but i still play some tekken bowl once in a while. And for me EA sport NHL series is the game i buy every year and i play more then enough so it's woth it.

so to date i was very happy, i got midnight club wich i liked even more than Midtown, Smugglers run... then came onimusha wich i loved enough to go thru twice... TM: Black, GT3 wich i still play (approching 70%), tony3... gta3... mgs2...

i'll stop here but if you aske me, the games were there from day on and there's just too many ahead!!!

yes there were jaggies, semi-next gen graphics but i sincerely had a load of fun :)

Vicviper
04-23-2002, 06:00 PM
I think that Sony doesn't stand by there customers the way they should. I mean the software is great and accesories are great but the quality of the hardware SUCKS. Sony uses there low-end circuitry for there PS systems. I've gone through 2 PS ones and my PS2 is already starting to breakdown with "Disc read errors". And it's not because my house is dirty and dusty because it's not. I keep my systems and games clean and in a reasonably dust free enviornment. I just think they make horrible hardware. I've never had this sort of problem with my Nintendo systems or Sega systems because they are built strong and built to last. The reason Sony has a large user base is because 50% of the people who own a system have to buy another one because the original breaks. Sad but true. Don't get me wrong because I love my PS2 I just hate the quality of it. Very sub par.

pfk
04-23-2002, 06:12 PM
you got that right Vic, i used 2 ps1 and i bought the 1st one when FFVII came out...

it assures Sony that their customer won't buy other console since they have to rebuy theirs every 2 year ;)

Overlord
04-23-2002, 07:11 PM
The whole HDD/BBN are all just optional. Right now there are only a handful of games that are announced that can use online capabilities. Besides FFXI, you can play all the other game offline. You don't need to buy both of them, you can just buy the Sony adapter($40) and use you'r own modem. You have pay for online games on the systems also. So in the end they all even out. PSO has been announced that it will be P2P.

testtubebaby
04-23-2002, 08:44 PM
by not including the HDD/BBA with the console, they price of the console was kept down (and for the record, the ps2 is the *only* next-gen console that has made a profit on hardware sales from day one) and if someone wants to play a game that required the addons, then they have the choise to do so...

what sony's doing with their addon that previous consoles didn't is their addon is not an attempt to prolong the life of the system, instead it's an additional *way* to use your system...

whuch is why the ps2 is called a *computer* entertainment system rather than a videogame entertainment system...

Donald Love
04-24-2002, 09:10 AM
Launch games sucked, I agree with that (depends on what your expectations were). Now all is good. I'm enjoying over 20 quality titles at the moment.
Have no complaints of the hardware just what some (pc-) developers do with it.
The optional extra's are somewhat expensive but then again I work very hard and I really wan't to play Resi online/Nobunaga's Ambition/Auto modellista/FF11 etc.etc.

ATMA
04-24-2002, 09:48 AM
About that HDD/BB thingie ..Sony is now experementing in japan ,their gonna rent it for people that can't buy it right away !!And it won't be for rent for like only one month or two ..but for just over a year and it's verry cheap ..(converted from yen to euro) so in dollars it should be cheaper!! And this will also be available in the us and europe !!
So for all of ya'll that's all ready complaining
about the price and why x-box has it's HDD built in blah blah blah !!! This might be what you were looking for ..I mean a yr to rent work you butt off and you can buy it later and i'm telling you in the states the prices for hardware is verry cheap come to europe and see what we have to deal with !!

And one more thing (i could be wrong )
but sony (the japanese ps2 )they were devolping it in 96 or 97 or earlier!!.And back than online gaming was nothing, wasn't born yet on plug and play consoles, maybe on the pc ,and sony can't see in the future so they didn't know that online gaming might be a big hit (nobody is perfect )
and x-box is a pretty new console they devolpe it in another time ..comparing to the ps2 !!
so that's why the x-box have a inbuilt HDD !!!
Plus this might also play a role that in japan their not really that excited with online gaming like in the US and x-box is from the us !!
so i think it's just two different point of view!!
(A EAST WEST THINGIE i like to call it )
:D

Onmitsu
04-24-2002, 02:17 PM
this is a reply to the media man who thinks that we should make decisions by ourselves....you sound like the media have no part in our lives...when i make a decision on a game, i read a coiuple of reviews and then i rent the game be4 purchasing it.... and im sure if the media wasnt here you would of hardly heard of the september 11th so Gabriel please think before you "base your posts on opinions".

To testube baby, Microsoft have claimed that they sold more xboxes on launch than Sony with the pick up ratio of 5:1. Im not sure if this true but maybe if i READ an article then i mgiht find out....just the mags being helpful Gabriel.

Onmitsu
04-24-2002, 02:19 PM
to testtube,

when PS2 lauched it was ?299 (England). The ps2 has 2 controller ports and no HDD or BD unit inside....Fair enough but when the xbox launched in England it was 299 as well...with all the above...If sony wanted to keep prices low then what were Microsoft thinking?

devie
04-24-2002, 02:45 PM
Well Sony's hard drive is sooooo much bigger compared to the Xbox's weener of a harddrive. I don't know that many people who have 4 controllers for their N64. Sony research the market before even starting work on their consoles. It shows that they are always careful of what they should include. They know what they're doing.

I agree with Gabriel on the media side of things. You can't always trust magazines. How many 10 out of 10's did those Tomb Raider games get? I hated every single one of them. M$ can say what ever they want. They SUCK!!! I know somebody who loved the Xbox before it came out. Now that it has, he hasn't spoken a word of it. The media exagurrate everything. The Xbox is a total flop in Japan. How many of those Dengeki Charts have I seen without a single Xbox game being in the top 50? 2? 3?

To be perfectly honest with you Onmitsu, you're on your own. Go away. And may leprakorns munch on your toes.

testtubebaby
04-24-2002, 02:49 PM
to testtube,

when PS2 lauched it was ?299 (England). The ps2 has 2 controller ports and no HDD or BD unit inside....Fair enough but when the xbox launched in England it was 299 as well...with all the above...If sony wanted to keep prices low then what were Microsoft thinking?

sony: wanted to make a profit on *console* purcases, in addition to software purchases

microsoft: wanted to be able to compete with sony, so they're taking a loss on every xbox sold, hoping a software profit will make up the difference and end up turning them a profit on the venture. so far this hasn't been the case, but we'll see...

hgblob
04-24-2002, 09:23 PM
To testube baby, Microsoft have claimed that they sold more xboxes on launch than Sony with the pick up ratio of 5:1. Im not sure if this true but maybe if i READ an article then i mgiht find out....just the mags being helpful Gabriel.

Games ratio for the Xbox launch is easy enough to explain: Xbox sales during launch were as packages. They required their buyers to include games in their purchase, otherwise, no go. This, of course, padded the games to console ratio in their favour.

ATMA
04-25-2002, 09:12 AM
Hey Devie you got a point there !!
i also know someone who bought a x-box and he doesn't talk about it except halo .(while he have alot of other x-box games )
The game might be good i don't know i haven't play it but it seems that that's the only game that really did something .but there's alot of games for the x-box and people doesn't talk about them only the ones that still under devolpement i mean if this x-box is soooo good and it's gonna kill the ps2 and the cube ,,why isn't everybody talking about the games that's available now but no they are talking about games that will be available next year some of the games they haven't even seen a picture yet and they allready saying the game will rock .!!i don't get it :confused:
can somebody explain that ??..onmitsu you seem like you can explain that you know alot of x-box .
so if you don't mind !!!!

Paper exe
09-03-2004, 03:39 PM
yep i have to agree with grahf i mean there's not alot of games that support the 4 players thingie
and i don't think just because sony didn't put the 4 ports and the hdd on the ps2 . means it's treating us bad i'm happy with sony right now and i have a great confidence in the ps2 things looks bright in the future for sony my opinion is sony is treating us verry good !!! BEEFCAAAAAKE :D
you know that there is about 1400 PS2 games only 700 released in US
and PS2 have only 20 or 19 great games

THE ICHI
09-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Yo that was weird because I was just reading this old post like 5 mins ago and then it became #1 lol WTF

Paper exe
09-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Yo that was weird because I was just reading this old post like 5 mins ago and then it became #1 lol WTF
:D :D :D

Dr. Bombay
09-03-2004, 04:20 PM
I would just like to ask you guys whether you think Sony have treated their customers well over the few years....When deciding please think about the launch day with the ALRIGHT games and how they are expecting us to pay for the NEtwork connector and HDD.....Think about how we had to buy a new multi-tap to play games with friends. Think about how our old memory cards basically became obsolete in terms of PS2 usage. Think about the prices of these items and tell me whether Sony are treating us well.

No.

Just no

Messanic
09-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Sony is just lazy very, very, lazy. If you buy a ps2 new or used theres a 50/50 chance that it will break. I bought a used ps2 and it works fine for me, the guy I bought it off of had it 2 years before I bought it from him. I'm very happy too, I like all of the games that I have for it and theres so many other games to buy as well. I will say that Sony pretty much tells you that when you buy any of their ps2 consoles your on your own.

Zod
09-03-2004, 05:03 PM

In Japan, they've done a wonderful job. The HDD came out there in 2001, and has only gotten a dozen or so games for it, but that's better than nothing. Then there are the colored consoles, that aren't as gouged as the US colored consoles were, evne though I still wish they'd just toss in colored consoles the same way Nintendo does in terms of selling them for the same price as the black ones.

Then, on this side of the ocean, there's that pack of fuck-tards over at SCEA. They delay EVERYTHING SCE releases. They LIED about the HDD's content (promised to us at Sony gamer's day 2003 and in press releases SCEA has since deleted from it's site) as it now looks like they're gonna do a pay service to make us pay for what should have come installed on the HDD we waited three years behind Japan for. The HDD support in games is pathetic as they're still removing HDD support even though the HDD is out (SO3's HDD support has gone bye-bye). They're slow and unresponsive to the market and competition, as proof with them waiting so long to do a price cut as PS2 sales took the biggest hit ever earlier this year. Then at this year's E3 they discuss simply replacing it with some cheaper alternate, and that commitment to doing just that shows with them slowly killing the HDD. Their damn-stupid marketing department blocks too many games with their ridiculous policies revolving around graphics, so we get less good games like Venus ad Braves, and more crap like American Idol. Viewtiful Joe only finally came (one year after the GC release) because it did sell well on the GC, and if it weren't for that, we probably would have never gotten it.

To summarize:
SCEI = good job
SCEA= retards dragged around by the balls by a marketing department with way too much power.

Decado
09-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Their damn-stupid marketing department blocks too many games with their ridiculous policies revolving around graphics, so we get less good games like Venus ad Braves, and more crap like American Idol. Viewtiful Joe only finally came (one year after the GC release) because it did sell well on the GC, and if it weren't for that, we probably would have never gotten it. Wake up and smell the coffee. That has nothing to do with Sony and everything to do with the publishers.

Sony hasn't been perfect, they've been damned good. Their 1st/2nd party titles have improved a lot and we're getting a decent # of quality niche titles.

Zod
09-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Actually no SCEA has a strict set of rules a publisher must meet before releasing a game in the US, and most of the rules revolve aorund graphics standards.

Decado
09-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Actually no SCEA has a strict set of rules a publisher must meet before releasing a game in the US, and most of the rules revolve aorund graphics standards. BS. There are some things, but the titles that HAVE been approve belie this "strictness".

Zod
09-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Lately they've lightened up on their 2-D policy after the PS2 lost Metal Slug XX and almost lost Viewtiful Joe, but SCEA itself is still the biggest reason for games not coming here because of their rules.

Decado
09-04-2004, 01:24 AM
Lately they've lightened up on their 2-D policy after the PS2 lost Metal Slug XX and almost lost Viewtiful Joe. It didn't "almost" lose VJ. :rolleyes:

The MS games may still come, but personally I don't really care either way. SNK was just being stupid and cheap.

but SCEA itself is still the biggest reason for games not coming here because of their rules So you keep saying :rolleyes:

SpaceManSpiff
09-04-2004, 03:42 AM
Wow, its fun to see people responding in an old thread to members that dont even post here anymore, as if they were expecting to get an answer back. :lol:

Escaflowne2001
09-04-2004, 04:44 AM
BS. There are some things, but the titles that HAVE been approve belie this "strictness".

Of course they SCEA block games cuz' there is no other reason why Capcom for example would release Glass Rose and Gregory Horror Show in Europe but not in America.

TheHardware
09-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Wow, its fun to see people responding in an old thread to members that dont even post here anymore, as if they were expecting to get an answer back. :lol:

this is priceless

TheHardware
09-04-2004, 01:28 PM
you know that there is about 1400 PS2 games only 700 released in US
and PS2 have only 20 or 19 great games

yup thats 19 or 20 more than nintendo...lol

Decado
09-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Of course they SCEA block games cuz' there is no other reason why Capcom for example would release Glass Rose and Gregory Horror Show in Europe but not in America. They may block some...but those aren't 2D games, and if Capcom REALLY wanted to release those over here, I have little doubt it would be done. Quite frankly, I heard those games suck, so I don't really care.

IoriYagami n8
09-04-2004, 04:02 PM
SCEA has blocked plenty of games due to graphic presentation, and it just happens to be 2D games that get the blunt of that. SNKP had made a comment about SCEA being stuck up with their releases and forcing them to package the games. They were planning to release them individually at Greatest Hits prices, but SCEA said no that they would have to bundle them (Just like they made Capcom bundle Street Fighter Collection). So SNKP decided to bundle the games and just charge 39.99, but SCEA said they would not let the package on shelves for more than 29.99.

In some cases, it helps the consumer, but it's not much different than what Nintendo did in the past when they had the biggest market share. After a while, it starts to piss developers off. SCEJ doesn't have that problem as they pretty much let developers do what they want, with the idea that if it isn't a quality product or doesn't have any demand, consumers will not buy it. It won't hurt Sony as they have already been paid their license fees. Nintendo and Microsoft have also pretty much given developers freedom to develop whatever software they want and put it where they want to release it.

Decado
09-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Don't really care about SNK, though I'm not sure how much of that is accurate. Seems to me that SNK wanted to release a single decade old title and sell it for nearly full price (like MS3 on the Xbox). I can't really complain about SCEA keeping SNK from screwing their customers over. Of course, I wouldn't complain if they didn't, either ;)

The bad is insignificant compared to the good, AFAIC.

Escaflowne2001
09-04-2004, 05:26 PM
As it's been said before it's all about choice as a consumer we should have the choice of what we wanna buy and scea blocking games interferes with that.

Decado
09-04-2004, 06:13 PM
That's true. I still can't get upset over it, though. Like I said, it's insignificant.

gabriel
09-04-2004, 06:26 PM
They may block some...but those aren't 2D games, and if Capcom REALLY wanted to release those over here, I have little doubt it would be done. Quite frankly, I heard those games suck, so I don't really care.

Don't be such a fool. Sony's word is final, a company can't just get around it when they "REALLY" want to release a game; if SCEA says no, the game is NEVER coming out.

And what's especially aggravating about it is that the decision to block a game isn't based on quality, but on saleability.

Messanic
09-05-2004, 02:04 AM
Don't be such a fool. Sony's word is final, a company can't just get around it when they "REALLY" want to release a game; if SCEA says no, the game is NEVER coming out.

And what's especially aggravating about it is that the decision to block a game isn't based on quality, but on saleability.

True that, theres no other way around SCEA's word unless you suck thier cock, sad but true. About sales, ToD is a perfect example, it was an awsome game but it didn't sell well due to FF7 and the crappy advertising on it. ToE almost didn't make it because the first game wasn't maintream and Namco themselves were skeptical at releasing it because of how bad ToD did. SCEA makes it look like a quality control issue, but it really isn't, there are so many games that could have been released here and so many games that we could have enjoyed.

magus111222
09-05-2004, 04:27 PM
to be honest I like the way Sony treats their customers in software, but I think their hardware treatment is average at best.

good software= GTA series, Final Fantasy, Nippon Ichi games, and Dynasty warriors.

bad hardware= Playing DVD movies on the PS2 over time breaks the system. The feature was thrown as an after thought to compete with other consoles.

Escaflowne2001
09-05-2004, 04:51 PM
bad hardware= Playing DVD movies on the PS2 over time breaks the system. The feature was thrown as an after thought to compete with other consoles.

Honestly I know nothing about the techy side of things that isn't my forte but how is playing a DVD Movie that different from the games when 75% of the games are on DVD discs anyhow.

IoriYagami n8
09-05-2004, 05:32 PM
to be honest I like the way Sony treats their customers in software, but I think their hardware treatment is average at best.

good software= GTA series, Final Fantasy, Nippon Ichi games, and Dynasty warriors.On the other hand, what do any of those games have to do with Sony aside from the fact that they are on a Sony system? None of them are actually made by any Sony studios. About the closest you can come to Sony being involved with those is that they paid a lot of money for GTA.

Escaflowne2001
09-05-2004, 06:15 PM
They also published Final Fantasy for a while but anyhow yeah but they work to get a good software line-up and sales of the system help too.

Mainstreme Fan
09-06-2004, 09:37 AM
If sony care about their fans, then they would not banned 2D games. :annoyed:

Vert1
09-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Than again their fans would rather be soaking up another rehashed Madden game for 50 dollars than to play some SNK game.I still disagree on blocking 2D games as variety can't hurt you.

suronosuke
09-06-2004, 03:14 PM
I dont think there is a damn company that cares about its customers, its all about the money, they just make you think they care :)

j_factor
09-06-2004, 08:42 PM

They didn't ban 2d games.

Decado
09-06-2004, 08:58 PM

And what's especially aggravating about it is that the decision to block a game isn't based on quality, but on saleability. Of course they can get around it and no it isn't that bad. If they couldn't and it was, we wouldn't be seeing all the niche game we've already got. Simple as that.

People are just making SCEA into the boogie man.

GodOfCookery
09-07-2004, 03:36 AM
That's SCEA and not Sony. Not even SCEE is soo dumb than SCEA (guess that's simply an american attitude that 2D sux well your problem fix it!)

Escaflowne2001
09-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Hey! that's my line. :)

Link316
09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Sony's been great imo, they've made videogames affordable and we've gotten lots more niche games than ever before, they used to all just stay in Japan

Sony also deserves alot of more credit for other stuff like backwards compatibility, I saved so much money by not having to buy another set of controllers and fighter sticks for my PS2

Nindalf
09-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Lies!! All Lies!!

Gameboy Had Backwards Compabilty Way Before Ps2!!!

Escaflowne2001
09-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Yep, look how much that was sucessful and Sony took it to the next by using it on there consoles something maybe Nintendo could/should of done.

Nindalf
09-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Har! Console Monsole, idea was the same! Nintendo's idea, Nintendo's ... stuff. The fact Sony used it on a console was merely a technical advancement, like saying better graphics is innovation!

j_factor
09-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Lies!! All Lies!!

Gameboy Had Backwards Compabilty Way Before Ps2!!!

And Master System had backwards compatibility way before Game Boy. And Atari 7800 before that.

Mainstreme Fan
09-08-2004, 01:15 AM
I dont think there is a damn company that cares about its customers, its all about the money, they just make you think they care :)

Sony nor MS don`t care. Their both fakeass gaming companies.