PDA

View Full Version : revolution inside scoop...

Hallucinus
02-15-2005, 08:27 PM
dont know if this has been whispered anywhere else yet...
i went to gamestop today and my friend who works there said their nintendo rep recently visited and gave him some revolution info. apparently, its not a new system at all, but some kind of add-on to the gamecube. it will apparently boost the systems capabilities and somehow bring networked play to reality
as to what exactly is REVOLUTIONARY about this is still unknown
i am only reporting RUMORS that ive heard, so if this is bogus, dont shoot the messenger. but if its true, u can bet ill be back here posting a great big I TOLD U SO!!! ;)
discuss...

littlewig
02-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Man, this isn't even a good rumor, geez.

I guess Nintendo is working with ATI and other hardware companies so they can all make an add-on, sounds great!

Seriously, if this is true, every person here can point and laugh at me, sound fair?

DEXTERITY
02-15-2005, 08:33 PM
I can tell you for a fact that no NOA Reps have been told that information and that is pure speculation on his part. The next home console is exactly that a new console, not an add on.

Dr. Bombay
02-15-2005, 08:53 PM
...sounds EXTREMELY bogus. I think Nintendo learned their lesson with the 64DD.

And what ever happened with that DS online thing at EBgames? I haven't seen or heard anything around the way.

DEXTERITY
02-15-2005, 09:03 PM
The only thing that was supposed to be online at EB was the xbox. Most of the top volume stores are wired for dsl and xbox was supposed to tap into that and have their interactives online. The DS wasn't to be online at EB. It would be nice though.

SavedFromSin
02-15-2005, 09:46 PM
if nintendos new system is an add on then they are done. If true, this will be the final bullet in the chamber that takes down the big N.

chocotek
02-15-2005, 09:56 PM
that would be so cool. Nintendo making their own version of the 32x...sounds like a winner.

Hallucinus
02-15-2005, 10:23 PM
i agree...on *some* points...
it would explain how the revolution is backwards compatible with the gamecube. one thing to look for in the near future would be a price drop for the gamecube, then id get suspicious...
my friend is a credible person, however, who knows where this nintendo guy is talking from.
itll be interesting to revisit this thread in three months
also...based on the fact that a standard console is far from revolutionary, i think we need to think outside the box a little bit. im not saying i think this addon thing is true, but to say with any degree of confidence that its DEFINATELY a new traditional console is a bit naive imo. and if u say its a FACT, dexterity, please cite sources. there are no facts known as of now, but u seem to think u have the answer. so please tell the rest of us about what the revolution is please

Reality
02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
The only add-on Nintendo is making for the GCN is that N64 Add-On.

DEXTERITY
02-16-2005, 06:04 AM
I didn't post that to "bash" anyones friends.

I can't tell you what the revolution is (I know some things) but I do know that NOA didn't tell it's reps that the revolution is an add on to the gamecube and I do know they never told any reps to mention that to store employee's because it was never mentioned!

An add one wouldn't be a new console anyways. And no would care for the most part.

Hallucinus
02-16-2005, 08:30 AM
i think the fact is that u dont know any more than the rest of us, as proven by your recent erroneous predictions regarding the ds and gba

Paper exe
02-16-2005, 08:43 AM
I didn't post that to "bash" anyones friends.

I can't tell you what the revolution is (I know some things) but I do know that NOA didn't tell it's reps that the revolution is an add on to the gamecube and I do know they never told any reps to mention that to store employee's because it was never mentioned!

An add one wouldn't be a new console anyways. And no would care for the most part.
you think that I will believe something that comeing from a biased site
and now they are saying that revolution will not be revolution so that no one give it a chance and see it for there self and so that people buy the crap PSP(I said crap because it break easly and every thing that like that is truly crap not just a word :thumbdn: )
course GameSpot and IGN and EGM and the like of them
that take money to talk trash about console instead of telling the truth :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill: :kill:

Icarus4578
02-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah Paper, and once my subscription runs out EGM won't be getting any more of my financial support. They suck now and to pay them for their "service" is a tragedy indeed. I'll stick with the old, good EGM. At least back then they covered everything, the layouts were pretty good and there were actual gamers running the show.

Hallucinus
02-16-2005, 10:23 AM
i always felt even back in the old days, egm was very biased in segas favor (but not nearly as much as gamefan). but egm totally kicked ass when theyd have their 400 page mags around christmas time. sure, 80% was ads...ahhh, the good old days!

Black Sugar
02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
dont know if this has been whispered anywhere else yet...
i went to gamestop today and my friend who works there said their nintendo rep recently visited and gave him some revolution info. apparently, its not a new system at all, but some kind of add-on to the gamecube. it will apparently boost the systems capabilities and somehow bring networked play to reality
as to what exactly is REVOLUTIONARY about this is still unknown
i am only reporting RUMORS that ive heard, so if this is bogus, dont shoot the messenger. but if its true, u can bet ill be back here posting a great big I TOLD U SO!!! ;)
discuss...
That would explain why Nintendo proclaimed that the industry doesn't need more new powerful consoles cause they reach a certain limits. While I completly agree with them, I doubt the new add-on would be their solution.

Sincerely, the only thing I ask is to give us more innovative and fun games on a regular basis.

NES4EVER
02-16-2005, 11:13 AM
I agree with DEX, There's no way a NOA rep would be spilling the beans to some random EB or Gamestop store employee. As tight lipped as Nintendo has been to the press, developers, and legitimate news and vg magazines, that just makes no sense. Nintendo obviously wants Revolution a secret until they are ready to unveil it on a grand scale, not at some mediocre new/used vg outlet. Gimme a break.

DEXTERITY
02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
i think the fact is that u dont know any more than the rest of us, as proven by your recent erroneous predictions regarding the ds and gba

What did I predict? I told you the interactives would be updated beginning on Monday and they are and continue to do so. Not every rep can get to all his/her stores in one day to update every interactive. It takes a full month cycle. It depends on where you live and when the rep gets to those stores. The only stores excluded in this would be EB and Gamestop as their gamecube demo's are mailed direct to store. The DS demo's are not, so those wouldn't be updated at that same time.

And I mentioned something about the gba. I said it wasn't anything major but I damn sure can't lose my job and pre-announce a price drop on a line of games. At the same time I made sure you guys understood it wasn't a new system or something to get all hyped up about.

And thank you NES.

For any other doubters, I stated that I knew that for a fact because I know for a fact what NOA has told the reps and reps are not focused on the revolution right now or being told any info in regards to it. The only thing anyone has been told is that it will hook up to a computer monitor wirelessly. They are focused on the DS, continuining the support of the SP and the upcoming gamecube titles!

It is funny you try to contribute to a site, provide correct info and stop any false rumors from going around and people assume you don't know what you are talking about, opposed to appreciating someone providing that info.

Hallucinus
02-16-2005, 08:31 PM
haha
as if youve proven any credibility to yourself and we should all praise your assumptions as gospel
once again, if u know so much, why dont u cite sources or prove something to us?
any jackass can come onto a messageboard and pretend he is an insider and claim hes got all the facts
u talk up a big game, now lets see u back it up

FinalSolace2
02-16-2005, 08:57 PM
What did I predict? I told you the interactives would be updated beginning on Monday and they are and continue to do so. Not every rep can get to all his/her stores in one day to update every interactive. It takes a full month cycle. It depends on where you live and when the rep gets to those stores. The only stores excluded in this would be EB and Gamestop as their gamecube demo's are mailed direct to store. The DS demo's are not, so those wouldn't be updated at that same time.

And I mentioned something about the gba. I said it wasn't anything major but I damn sure can't lose my job and pre-announce a price drop on a line of games. At the same time I made sure you guys understood it wasn't a new system or something to get all hyped up about.

And thank you NES.

For any other doubters, I stated that I knew that for a fact because I know for a fact what NOA has told the reps and reps are not focused on the revolution right now or being told any info in regards to it. The only thing anyone has been told is that it will hook up to a computer monitor wirelessly. They are focused on the DS, continuining the support of the SP and the upcoming gamecube titles!

It is funny you try to contribute to a site, provide correct info and stop any false rumors from going around and people assume you don't know what you are talking about, opposed to appreciating someone providing that info.

if you are telling the truth as i dont have any sence of credibility for you yet.

then i'll wait for the big announcement to find out if your telling the truth.

its a bit like believing in god, people question him, and ask him to back up claims that he exists.
i believe he does.

so i know what having faith is, all will be revealed sooner or later so i'm not bothered to discredit anyone, becuase if you do you wont get as far as other people.

DEXTERITY
02-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Please tell me what I have lied about? Call an eb or gamestop store and ask if they have a new demo. Goto a target see if the DS is now on an endcap with the wario demo. Goto anystore except Best Buy and see if the classic nes series has dropped to 14.99. Anything I said would start taking place on Monday has and is taking place. but you are too busy trying to tell me I am not crediable instead of going to a damn store and finding out for yourself.

And I stated that no NOA rep was told the revolution was an add on. No one was told that. And no one told reps to tell stores anything about the revolution. that isn't even the focus right now. Take it how you want.

And why would I state who I work for on a message board? I could care less if you believe me. I know what is true and what I posted is true. If you don't want to play or be made aware of the new demo's and when they will be updated, then ignore the post. that is not something worth lying about. I could see If I sat here and said the revolution is this that and the other. or the new gameboy will be out in September. We are talking about the demo's for an interactive. What do I gain from lying about that?

and if I stated who I worked for you wouldn't believe me anyways!

Hallucinus
02-16-2005, 09:57 PM
and if I stated who I worked for you wouldn't believe me anyways!

OMG! ITS TOP SECRET! SHHHH!!! :rolleyes:
sorry, im not some little kid whos going to be impressed by u pretending to be some videogame cia agent
its funny how u say why should u say who u work for on a messageboard...well, thats like the third time ive seen u post something to the effect of u having a supersecret hushhush awesome job that gives u more knowledge than the average man. seems like youre just trying to draw attention to yourself and get gullible naive people to look up to u
this is my final post on this subject

Alexander
02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
I think at this point, most people would believe you. At least, I would.

Even if it something like, "My uncle works at Nintendo and he said..."

manji72
02-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Hmm theres a person babbling about the very same thing here: http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=np_gw&message.id=548377&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Some of this person's logic is just geez, I don't know exactly how that can be "revolutionary". I don't know it's interesting but yet it's just pure stupidity at the same time. Most of what the person says is exactly what the Phantom (I believe thats what its called) offers so it would not be "revolutionary" or even new. That is way way out of the box. I'm not exactly sure what Nintendo is trying to achieve with Revolution but I think its way too early for a push for innovation with consoles. People keep saying that everything has reached its peak well they haven't not until this coming up gen. Nintendo seems to think the gameplay hardware is limited I think its just game devs imaginations that are limited. Add-on gameplay that makes little things like typing and such easier is not innovative *cough* DS *cough* but if thats what your interpretation of innovation is fine whatever I think it is far from innovative its a good business move cause you widen the gap between portables and consoles similarities exspecialy with the release of the PSP. That's all I'm gonna say I'll keep the rest to myself.

DEXTERITY
02-17-2005, 06:20 AM
Trust me, I don't need anyone to look up to me and I could care less what you think. If you are so fixated on believing me then that is your issue. If you had common sense you can see anything I have ever posted is nothing to lie or try to impress someone by. I dont get off on that and have better things to do in life. I was just contributing and trying to put an end to a bs rumor which I have knowledge about. but believe and spread more rumors if you want. enough of this.

Icarus4578
02-17-2005, 07:16 AM
DEXTERITY ~ "And I mentioned something about the gba. I said it wasn't anything major but I damn sure can't lose my job and pre-announce a price drop on a line of games. At the same time I made sure you guys understood it wasn't a new system or something to get all hyped up about."

But the only way you could lose your job is if somebody at Nintendo knows who you are, that you're a member of the MagicBox Forums who calls him/herself DEXTERITY, and that you specifically spilled some major insider info. Does Nintendo know that you post here? If so, do you post here because you're trying to help spread as much info as possible or do you just enjoy posting in these forums?

P.S. You can PM me with all the juicy details about the Revolution. Don't worry -- your secret's my secret. :)

welshfreak
02-17-2005, 07:18 AM
Revolution- the word itself makes me wonder what nintendo has up it's sleves

Icarus4578
02-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Sorry to do this, but I just have to.

Quote ~ "Just remember two points and you?ll never make this mistake again. (1) ?it?s? always means ?it is? or ?it has? and nothing else. (2) Try changing the ?its? in your sentence to ?his? and if it doesn?t make sense, then go with ?it?s.? "

Source ~ http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/its.html

I didn't have enough confidence that I'd describe this well, so I pulled it from the web.

DEXTERITY
02-17-2005, 07:34 AM
DEXTERITY ~ "And I mentioned something about the gba. I said it wasn't anything major but I damn sure can't lose my job and pre-announce a price drop on a line of games. At the same time I made sure you guys understood it wasn't a new system or something to get all hyped up about."

But the only way you could lose your job is if somebody at Nintendo knows who you are, that you're a member of the MagicBox Forums who calls him/herself DEXTERITY, and that you specifically spilled some major insider info. Does Nintendo know that you post here? If so, do you post here because you're trying to help spread as much info as possible or do you just enjoy posting in these forums?

P.S. You can PM me with all the juicy details about the Revolution. Don't worry -- your secret's my secret. :)

lol, Icarus, finally someone with some understanding. No one knows I post here but people do read forums. Some know the name I use but it probably wouldn't ring a bell or they honestly wouldn't really care. Moreover, some policies at some places are very strict and understandably so. I love what I do too much and respect who I work for too much to make a mistake. And that is the reason I am very careful about what I post and how much I state.

I post here for both reasons you mentioned. I try to make you guys aware of what I can and things I figure you might appreciate or want to know about (even if it isn't some juicy news that I would love to talk about) and I like checking out whats going on in different forums. And if I happen to be reading something and I see a huge rumor about to begin over something I know is false, I try to post information which is accurate and informative so those rumors don't end up all over the place. not my job to do so, but somethings people post are just plain stupid.

I check out a few of the main message boards (when I have time), rairly post at all (check the post count lol) and I post here 95% of the time when I do post something.

Funny thing, Dean at Nsider didn't seem to think I was telling the truth and banned me since he wanted me to email him from a particular type of email address to prove myself. It started way back when the DS interactives were going to start being installed (I tried to let people know where they can check the DS out and when -according to the installation schedule) and it ended over an interactive demo update, lol..However, if anyone just checked up on anything I posted and went to look for themselves they would see I was telling the truth and it wasn't some fluke post.

Icarus4578
02-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Hmmm, that does make sense. Well, whatever the case may be, it's nice to have a member who understands the industry from within. I'm fortunate in that I spent my youth freely exercising my gaming habits during what I feel was gaming's golden years: the 8/16-bit console wars. But, I believe, we're all looking for another taste of that omnipotence, that sheer thrill which only comes when the people on the inside are gamers themselves and want to create more excitement than what has become complacent in this day and age. I think that there's a little too mcuh reliance on technology and harboring of this and that secret, so whenever we do find out stuff we're often underwhelmed because we develop such high expectations while waiting and waiting that it becomes disappointing. Y'know, back then none of this was happening. There was just games and that was all. And, really, that's all that matters in the end.

Hallucinus
02-17-2005, 08:36 AM
i work at nintendo too. im a hardware engineer and i designed the outer shell of the revolution. i know everything about the system, but no one would believe me if i told them!
OMG i hope no one at work saw me post this!!!
i gotta go...i have to play this BRAND NEW SUPER INCREDIBLE AMAZING NEW TITLE THAT WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF! but i cant tell u what it is, but man is it AWESOME! dont be jealous of me, everybody. youll get to play it by the end of the year

FinalSolace2
02-17-2005, 09:02 AM
Hmmm, that does make sense. Well, whatever the case may be, it's nice to have a member who understands the industry from within. I'm fortunate in that I spent my youth freely exercising my gaming habits during what I feel was gaming's golden years: the 8/16-bit console wars. But, I believe, we're all looking for another taste of that omnipotence, that sheer thrill which only comes when the people on the inside are gamers themselves and want to create more excitement than what has become complacent in this day and age. I think that there's a little too mcuh reliance on technology and harboring of this and that secret, so whenever we do find out stuff we're often underwhelmed because we develop such high expectations while waiting and waiting that it becomes disappointing. Y'know, back then none of this was happening. There was just games and that was all. And, really, that's all that matters in the end.

hey thats what i wanted to say. teeef :irked: :lol:

DEXTERITY
02-17-2005, 04:16 PM
See Icarus, some people are cool and understand like you and have something positive to say. And some are complete morons that always have something smart to say. Hence, another reason I don't post too often. One tries to contribute and gets bashed to death instead of sparking a conversation.

FinalSolace2
02-17-2005, 04:24 PM
See Icarus, some people are cool and understand like you and have something positive to say. And some are complete morons that always have something smart to say. Hence, another reason I don't post too often. One tries to contribute and gets bashed to death instead of sparking a conversation.

i can believe anything you say, ive read your past posts.

aslong as you dont sound like paper your fine with me

dont get upset with what people say, they are just usually jealous,

by the way while your still here, if you got connections puts some EB inspired words towards nintendo's way. we need people in the industry to get the gamers messege...

BashingU
02-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Uh, could you shake the crap out of your president, so he can wake up out of his confused mind...Can you tell them we would like new franchises...And that it is ok to grow up...while you still can be a kid...Also, there is nothing wrong with being online...just little things like that..ya know...

manji72
02-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Honestly I don't believe you work for Nintendo at all, but you do bring some nice points to table, I just think you have a better understanding than most.

FinalSolace2
02-17-2005, 04:54 PM
And that it is ok to grow up...while you still can be a kid

yeah take a leaf out of MJs book
he's doin ok, (sort of)

Hallucinus
02-17-2005, 05:23 PM
hahaha
come on people!
now hes our liason to the president of nintendo???

DEXTERITY
02-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Thanks Final..

lol, well some nice words finally ha ha. As far as the pres of NOA and the vp's the r aware of trying to make Nintendo appeal to a more mature audience (think the DS was the beginning - touching is good..).

Reggie has a very strong background from MTV and a few other major companies (one was a beer company, another a pizza chain, etc) and is very in tune with what a lot of you guys want. I can't say what they are or aren't working on but they are aware of it and I think trying to work towards changing the image a little (or a lot- no more indigo cubes, the licensing of our characters to third parties, more third party titles, new branding in stores....).

They want to keep what we have but also expand on it so we are not viewed "as the kiddie company, etc." I can't put words in their mouths, nor speak for them, but they have mentioned they are aware. They are also very down to earth and great people that do actually listen.

As far as online, they are aware of that but I think Japan has the say so (I may be wrong) and as far as what they tell us.. is that right now it isn't profitable and they are working towards a way to find a business model which makes sense. Hopefully we see that sooner than later. I agree with the online thoughts you guys have and definitely would love to see more RE4 type titles. Hell a Mature mario title would be the day lol. But that would never happen.

And believe it or not quite a few us relay what we hear from EB & GS employee's and what true gamers express to us and are also true gamers and in tune with whats going on.

At least this ended on a positive note.

Spyridon
02-21-2005, 10:46 PM
DEXTERITY: Nintendo's getting rid of the Indigo 'Cubes? Bummer. I gave away my Jet GC to a friend, and I was planning to get an Indigo one. I know they're still available, but I guess I better pick one up sooner rather then later...like the Classic SP. :)

Oh, and for what it's worth, I believe you...

DEXTERITY
02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah you won't see too many of those around anymore. You may find a used one at EB or GS. I still see them from time to time in some Walmarts and Targets. If you don't have the first Metroid game, check Toys-r-us they still have some of the bundles left with the platinum cube. You can also get a platinum controller at Walmart now. Other stores will soon have them as well. I know none of that helps, but figured I would mention it in case you were hesitant against getting a platinum cube.
yeah the classic sp was really limited. I tried telling people that. got mine, lol

and, thanks appreciate it..

NES4EVER
02-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Yeah you won't see too many of those around anymore. You may find a used one at EB or GS. I still see them from time to time in some Walmarts and Targets. If you don't have the first Metroid game, check Toys-r-us they still have some of the bundles left with the platinum cube. You can also get a platinum controller at Walmart now. Other stores will soon have them as well. I know none of that helps, but figured I would mention it in case you were hesitant against getting a platinum cube.
yeah the classic sp was really limited. I tried telling people that. got mine, lol

and, thanks appreciate it..

I love the Classic SP, I got one also but actually like the famicom classic designed one better. Wish they had released both versions in the states.