PDA

View Full Version : Shin Sangoku Musou 2 Mushoden

Rubeus
09-06-2002, 02:58 AM
Do you think there is a possible US release of this upgrade? I really want to play this game!

And it seems like the game is selling like crazy in Japan, they have sold 352,715 copies in one week, and this is just merely an extension to the orignal Shin Sangoku Musou 2 / Dynasty Warriors 3!

aneep
09-14-2002, 09:34 PM
hehe slightly OT but

buy the xbox version, since they only got that version (mushoden) and it will be released in US this month

since i don't remember any retailer listing the PS2 version coming soon, maybe its not coming

-aneep-

Zakko
09-15-2002, 01:29 AM
I want to play that game in ENGLISH! But I only have PS2. I don't have enough money for Xbox....:crying:

Rubeus
09-15-2002, 03:41 AM
Don't worry, the waits are all going to end when Koei releases Dynasty Warriors 4 (aka Shin Sangoku Musou 3).

I heard in the new game, each character will have fighting game like special moves, and it is also possible to take on an officer in one-on-one battle like a fighting game. Not to mention there will be 4 players split screen play and possible online support!

rgmxp
09-16-2002, 10:50 PM
I imported this game so if you have any question, ask away

Healin
09-16-2002, 11:43 PM
From my understanding each character gets a new Unique weapon aka the 5th weapon. Can you use back the old data in the memory card? I'll like to try out the game but it is really a chore to get every single character up to their max health, attack, defence.... :eek: I played for ages so that I can max out everyone and it wasn't really a very pleasant experience. Kinda repetitive after sometime but the game play is good. Any other additional features? (exclude the now playable in storymode characters)

rgmxp
09-17-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Healin
From my understanding each character gets a new Unique weapon aka the 5th weapon. Can you use back the old data in the memory card? I'll like to try out the game but it is really a chore to get every single character up to their max health, attack, defence.... :eek: I played for ages so that I can max out everyone and it wasn't really a very pleasant experience. Kinda repetitive after sometime but the game play is good. Any other additional features? (exclude the now playable in storymode characters)

Yes they all get a new 5th weapon.

Yes your old Shin Sangoku Musou 2 savedata can be brought over to Moushouden

All the character status/items/weapons you have previous obtain/built will be kept, except their Ranks will be reset

There are new items, a new weapon element wind is added, some characters will get a item included with their fifth weapons. There are new cutscenes/movies/soundtracks.

Also available is Sangoku Senki Version of Sun Shang Xiang and Lu Bu. Other characters might be lincluded but they are all in the process of being discovered.

This version you can also customize your bodyguards, you can edit their status, and they could also use special items and weapons. Types of bodyguard include foot soldier, female foot soldiers, nanman soldiers, and female nanman soldiers. You can also issue commands like 'attack enemy archer' or 'defend'

You can now also choose a playable character to be your bodyguard.

A new 'expert' and 'beginner' difficulty is added.

Some stages gets a new look.

There are perhaps more features, these are just off the top of my head right now. Moushouden is available at a lower price, its definitely worth it to purchase it

Zakko
09-17-2002, 05:18 PM
Do you mean after Dynasty Warrior 4 then they will release for it for PS2?

rgmxp
09-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Zakko
Do you mean after Dynasty Warrior 4 then they will release for it for PS2?

there is no point to release Moushouden after Dynasty Warrior 4, it'll be obselete by then. if it should be released, we should see announcements the next 6 months

SakurabaSan
09-17-2002, 06:37 PM
To people who have this game...is the gameplay still pretty repetitive like the previous one? I know the gameplay is supposed to be like that but I got bored of it after slashing a few hundred enemies and it was just going on forever and ever...is the newest version still like that?

rgmxp
09-18-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by SakurabaSan
To people who have this game...is the gameplay still pretty repetitive like the previous one? I know the gameplay is supposed to be like that but I got bored of it after slashing a few hundred enemies and it was just going on forever and ever...is the newest version still like that?

Yes the gameplay remains the same, however, the new 'expert' mode will offer many Shin Sangoku Musou/Dynasty Warrior fans a challenge.

Rubeus
09-18-2002, 09:58 PM
Maybe you haven't learn how to use the 6 different charge moves for each character, the game gets a lot more interesting and challenging when you master all the charge moves and play the game in Normal or Hard difficulty.

In Mushoden, the biggest improvement are the new stories and movies for the 7 new characters like Lu Bu, Diao Chan, and so on; plus there four new mini games. You can also train your bodyguards, and you can issue 4 different commands to them, it is one of the fun factory in the game.

Originally posted by SakurabaSan

Zakko
09-19-2002, 12:32 AM
Sounds fun game! Well I guess we all have to wait until it accounced.:spinface:

Mikeru83
11-01-2002, 05:09 AM
"Shin-Sangokumusou 2: Moushou-Den Mixjoy" is coming to the U.S. in January 2003 as "Dynasty Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends."

"Released in Japan as Shin-Sangokumusou 2: Moushou-Den Mixjoy, the game that will come to be known as Xtreme Legends here in the states is on the fast track for an immediate release. Slated for a January 2003 appearance in stores nationwide, Koei hopes that the improved return to DW3 will not only excite the rabid fans of the franchise into buying another copy, but also entice Dynasty Warrior newbies into giving the series the go ahead.

Identical in every way to the previous game, Xtreme Legends will be adding a whole slew of additional features to the existing model. The most obvious of which are the seven non-aligned warriors unlocked from the very beginning. Lu Bu, Diao Chan, Meng Huo, Zhu Rong, Zhang Jiao, Dong Zhuo, and Yuan Shao are now entirely accessible in Musou Mode. So not only will you now have the opportunity to slash your foes with these characters from the very beginning, you'll get a story and "what if" scenario to go along with them."

PLUS EXTRAS!!! YAY! Stupid name though... So, if you're still waiting for it, here it comes.

Source: IGN (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/376/376043p1.html)

Rubeus
11-02-2002, 03:05 AM
I wish Koei put everything together on one single disc, so that you dont' need to use the original Dynasty Warriors 3 to access the original characters.

Mikeru83
11-02-2002, 05:28 AM
I don't understand... All the extras are on a single disc... This version is essentially the same game with the extras and add-ons.

rgmxp
11-02-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Mikeru83
I don't understand... All the extras are on a single disc... This version is essentially the same game with the extras and add-ons.

its only a expansion pack, think of how Lord of Destruction is an add-on to the Diablo II

Mikeru83
11-04-2002, 09:43 PM
Okay, hold on now...

I read that IGN article over and over and no where does it state that you need the original game to access anything. Am I missing something? Cause I was led to believe that this version IS Dynasty Warriors 3 PLUS the extras. NOT some disc you stick in after loading the original game. (Assuming that's what you guys mean.)

Lord of Destruction requires you to own the original game, ala Broodwar, Age of Kings, etc. Does Extreme Legends require that too? I don't think so... I think it's like Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams. Same game, but with extras.

rgmxp
11-05-2002, 10:10 PM
Okay, hold on now...

I read that IGN article over and over and no where does it state that you need the original game to access anything. Am I missing something? Cause I was led to believe that this version IS Dynasty Warriors 3 PLUS the extras. NOT some disc you stick in after loading the original game. (Assuming that's what you guys mean.)

Lord of Destruction requires you to own the original game, ala Broodwar, Age of Kings, etc. Does Extreme Legends require that too? I don't think so... I think it's like Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams. Same game, but with extras.

Thats partly incorrect from ign, here is a better explanation.

The Xtreme Legend will contain new Musou Modes and modified stages. In the Free Mode for Xtreme legend, you can still access your original 41 characters.

But if you want to play the old Musou Modes and Free Modes, you need to verify you have the original DW3 Game. I guess thats their way to verify you have the original game on PS2.

Mikeru83
11-06-2002, 03:49 AM
Really? I don't see why IGN would have missed out on that though. Can you provide a source? I find it strange that Koei would even bother going that route.

rgmxp
11-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Really? I don't see why IGN would have missed out on that though. Can you provide a source? I find it strange that Koei would even bother going that route.

I really don't need a source, I have the imported version at home, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

As for IGN, they are known for leaving out details and report wrong things every now and then.

So there is that.

The original games files are all packed on the Xtreme Legend disc, but it is locked. You have to verify you have the original Dynasty Warriors 3 game disc. Then you can access the original Story Modes and Etc.

Let me explain the flow of the game a little so you can understand.

You can boot the game with XL disc, and play the 7 unaligned character's Story Mode, play the Free Mode with new stages with all 41 characters.* But the original Story Mode is not accessible.

There is a option at the main menu 'Original'. When you select it, it will ask you to insert the original DW3 gamedisc, after you insert the game disc, it will ask for the XL disc back. Then all original Story Mode and Free Mode are unlocked.

Hence you CAN buy the XL w/o DW3, but all you can play is the new Story Mode. The old Story Mode will remain inaccessible unless you can have a DW3 to verify it.

*If you have a DW3 savedata with all 41 characters unlocked.

Mikeru83
11-07-2002, 03:34 AM
Theoretically though, Koei could unlock all those parts and not require the original CD, right? I agree, it's highly unlikely they would. Yet, the game is old enough that doing so would make access to the series much easier.

Just to mention, you could have told me initially that you had the game. It would have saved me much time from all the unneccessary questions.

rgmxp
11-07-2002, 04:00 AM
Theoretically though, Koei could unlock all those parts and not require the original CD, right? I agree, it's highly unlikely they would. Yet, the game is old enough that doing so would make access to the series much easier.

Just to mention, you could have told me initially that you had the game. It would have saved me much time from all the unneccessary questions.

If Koei let all new and original mode available upon the purchase of Xtreme Legend, the new buyers are not required to purchase the original Dynasty Warrior 3 game. I guess its just a move for more business.

But in other word, if Koei priced it like an original game at around $50~$60 USD, then they could made the features available upon purchase. This is the not the case though, Xtreme Legend will be priced like the Major Hits series.

If you read some of the old posts in this tread you will see that I did mentioned that I imported the game.

Mikeru83
11-08-2002, 12:46 AM
I read this particular post and you never once mentioned you imported the game. If I'm supposed to look up everything you say everytime you mention something, then I'm sorry for being so misinformed.

Rubeus
11-09-2002, 06:43 AM
I think a simple Action Replay code can hack the game and unlock everything you need in Dynasty Warrior 3 Xtreme Legend.

aneep
12-10-2002, 04:35 AM
kinda pointless to release it so close to Dynasty Warrior 4 IMO (March 2003 in US)

-aneep-

Baka Neko
12-10-2002, 08:58 AM
I agree with you, aneep, I don't see any point relasing DW3X just a few months before releasing DW4. If it were a JP release I would have understood, game sales in JP are still beyond my understanding but they are clear in US. I don't think DW3X will sell well in US, ppll will wait 2-3 months more to get the newer game. We will see...