PDA

View Full Version : Biased People

Onmitsu
04-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Why do people when buying a console they like, become biased?
An anonymous cube owner has resulted in these cruel tactics. Microsoft sales are not doing well in UK and Japan. Truth
Sony are dominating. truth

At the end of the day all three consoles have their weaknesses and strengths. Sony and Microsoft have their foot in nearly every developer's door whereas Nintendo have their foot in nearly every (infant) child's room. FACT.

Xbox sales are doing poor in Japan but the games are reaching a high quality (Project Ego). At the end of the day, Bill Gates is the richest man. Money is no object to him...He just wants games on xbox to be of high quality. just like the anonymous cube owner said "i buy a console for its games". Yet he has bought quite crap games on cube except for Rogue Squadron which he can't play. Pikmin got low in Edge mag and so did Smash Bros Melee. I say he should retract his previous statement. What do you think?

grahf
04-22-2002, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Project shi...I mean Ego, is going to be the best game on the planet. I'm guessing you came to this conclusion after your prolong hands on experience with the game at the secret microsoft undergrounds headquarters, similar to building in resident evil the movie. Oh wait, you haven't played the game yet, in fact, nobody else has either. Hey now, how do you know if a game's any good if you haven't played it yet? The only thing that you or anyone else know about it so far is that it's ambitious, and we've never heard anyone said that before, and that it looks nice, and this again is so foreign to us. I guess you're psychic or something.

You know, I'm sick of people claiming a certain game, especially anything on the Xbox, to be the next messiah when all the know about it is from reading misleading previews and tiny screenshots. Onmitsu, you should consider basing your opinions on facts next time.

Onmitsu
04-23-2002, 03:23 AM
Now this is stupid....For one you probably haven't played any of the games which are beyond alpha.....And i know for a fact that you read mags or articles on the internet.....So when you go to judge a game or buy it, i thought you would look at the previews and say "hmmm that game looks prospectful".

Second of all, we read articles/mags because we go by them....Yes Project Ego is still in development and yes MEtroid Prime is in development but because you trust your paedo....Mr Miyamoto, im sure you will PROBABLY purchase it....When game sites talk about a console dont they talk about upcoming games.....FACT!

grahf
04-23-2002, 03:36 AM
No Onmitsu, I seldom base my purchase on any particular review or recommendation. I'm what they call an "inform gamer". Unlike you and your dimwitted kindred, I know what to buy and what not to. I don't need some snotty review written by some bombastic idiot, who's writing abilities resembles that of a second grader, to dictate my opinion.

u.k_importer
04-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Grahf r u a complete dumb ass?

With out media or jouralism you wouldnt even know when the next game is coming out. Fool maybe your a special type of gamer who buys games like superman for the N64. So are you telling me you decide which games are good or not you read the back of the games box before you buy them? What a joke! Imagin, no media coverage of e3....im sure u'd know which games were hot by not reading any article of its coverage. Grahf dont dis journalists becouse with out us you wouldnt even know about september 11 till a week later.

And omitizu i appoligise for my unprevoked on the xbox, but hey it got a good convo goin right? :p

Onmitsu
04-23-2002, 03:22 PM
hey Grapf, it seems to me that you are a very one minded person. I think that your mind is very narrow....widen it by reading an article or two...hey UK Importer, your post has gotten lots of people replying...i should stir up something too.

testtubebaby
04-23-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by u.k_importer

With out media or jouralism you wouldnt even know when the next game is coming out.

there's this magical place called a "videogame store" and they have lists of when games are coming out, and usually have demo stations set up to let you preview the games. if a game is not available for preview, there's always a "movie rental store" that usually also rents games.

see? it's totally possible to be a gamer and not read magazines devoted to them...

Pdaimaoh
04-23-2002, 07:11 PM
well let's see here: Project Ego? how is that raising the quality of games, especially for Xbox? tell me?
cause the character's skin can get tanned or cut? wow, man, so cutting...err well
at least it's pre...err well...

now what makes it a great game again? right, it ain't out yet...

reviews? umm, yeah.

well I have reviewed THOUSANDS of games, does that make me qualified any more or less than another to sway your opinions on what game is FOR YOU TO PLAY??

I don't really think so

but is that because my reviews aren't published in a way that you must PAY to read them?

I don't really think so

now, if MANY people say 'this game is really slow'
then I will assume it probably is slow
but if one reviewer says 'this game is really slow' but another says 'this game moves pretty quickly'
whom do I trust?

well maybe I can go on screenshots

okay, I found some REALLY PRETTY SCREENSHOTS at xbox.ign.com of this game 'Azurik'
well it looks just so spiffy, it must be worth a purchase, right?

wait! even TEAMXBOX forums tell me to get it! these people all play Xbox games, so they must know what they are talking about, I really should get it, right??

wrong
the game sucks

how do I know? because I played it

oh, yeah
it's really honest journalism when an editor is getting benefits to say nice things or HAS to just to keep his/her job (if XBox flops and Ms kills it off, will the editors of xbox.ign.com even have a job? no. SO it's in their best financial interest to support the Xbox as much as possible...)

anyway, Onmitsu
it's not great to be blind, but then again, you are being blind
both times you said 'FACT' the preceeding text was far away from what the definition of 'FACT' truly is

Ms has it's foot in every developer's door? that's why they are publicly badmouthed by many MAJOR THIRD PARTY publishers? that's why they keep cancelling Xbox games?
I think you WISH with all of Bill Gates' money, they had a finger in every pie, but they simply do not

and in the end of the day, MICROSOFT has ALOTTED A BUDGET to the XBOX PROJECT. FACT.
if the flopbox doesn't become profitable, they will only dump so much into it before admitting failure and defeat (winME, WebTV, etc...)
I doubt very much that bill gates will shell from his own pocket just to make some other geeks happy

before you rant too much pro-xbox and too much anti-gamecube, perhaps you should look into this 'fact' thing you like so much?

testtubebaby
04-23-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Pdaimaoh
if the flopbox doesn't become profitable, they will only dump so much into it before admitting failure and defeat (winME, WebTV, etc...)

can't forget Ultimate TV... wow, M$ got schooled by TiVo on the PVR scene.

Overlord
04-23-2002, 08:33 PM

They also gave up on the Microsoft Cell phone. I don't much details about, but I know that it happened before. And they just gave on the Ultimate TV thing about a month ago. Which Testtubebaby already talked about.

...And they also gave up on Microsoft BoB. Whatever that was.

testtubebaby
04-23-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Overlord
...And they also gave up on Microsoft BoB. Whatever that was.

it was basically a digital asssistant of sorts... think the office paperclip but more annoying.

grahf
04-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by u.k_importer

With out media or jouralism you wouldnt even know when the next game is coming out. Fool maybe your a special type of gamer who buys games like superman for the N64. So are you telling me you decide which games are good or not you read the back of the games box before you buy them? What a joke! Imagin, no media coverage of e3....im sure u'd know which games were hot by not reading any article of its coverage. Grahf dont dis journalists becouse with out us you wouldnt even know about september 11 till a week later.

And omitizu i appoligise for my unprevoked on the xbox, but hey it got a good convo goin right? :p

Oh, I'm being called a dumbass by someone who spells "are" with an "r" and"you" with a "u". Yeah that shows real intelligence right there.

Look, I don't know if you have some type of mental problem, such as A.D.D, or maybe you're just a plain retard or whatever, but would you mind quoting where in my previous post, did I say I don't read game news? Why do you think I'm posting on this forum smart guy? I have to keep up with news to have found this site. Your problem is you don't read carefully, or maybe you're just not that smart. Either way, stop interpreting my words as knifes to your back, and go back and read my earlier post thoroughly. Notice that nowhere did I say that I don't read news. I was talking about not reading reviews or basing my opinion around them. Next time, consider reading an entire post before flaming like a moron.

Word of advice, just crawl back to your hole.

testtubebaby
04-23-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by grahf
Look, I don't know if you have some type of mental problem, such as A.D.D.

hey, now having A.D.D. has nothing to do with mental capasity.

grahf
04-23-2002, 11:29 PM
A.D.D, attention deficit disorder, is a result of a brain chemical imbalance. It's responsible for short attention span, poor hand eye coordination, and hyperactivity. Most common syptoms includes but not limited to:

Inattention:

often fails to give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities
often has difficulty sustaining attention in tasks or play activities
often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly
often does not follow through on instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions)
often has difficulty organizing tasks and activities
often avoids, dislikes, or is reluctant to engage in tasks that require sustained mental effort (such as schoolwork or homework)
often loses things necessary for tasks or activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books or tools)
is often easily distracted by extraneous stimuli
is often forgetful in daily activities

Hyperactivity-Impulsivity

often fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat
often leaves seat in classroom or in other situations in which remaining seated is expected
often runs about or climbs excessively in situations in which it is inappropriate (in adolescents or adults, may be limited to subjective feelings of restlessness)
often has difficulty playing or engaging in leisure activities quietly
is often "on the go" or often acts as "driven by a motor"
often talks excessively
often blurts out answers before questions have been completed
often has difficulty awaiting turn
often interrupts or intrudes on others

As you can clearly see, this disease is associated with the brain. Ergo, it's a mental problem.

testtubebaby
04-23-2002, 11:59 PM
but it doesn't make people *not smart*...

people like to use it as an insult when it's not a judge of intelligence in the slightest (i'm a psychology major, so i have a pretty good knowledge of what A.D.D. is and what it isn't, i don't need the information).

[edit] oh, and just incase you were curious, as in all afflictions, there are varying degrees of it's efect on people, so one person with A.D.D. might be much worse off than another in dealing with it.

Onmitsu
04-24-2002, 03:29 PM
ok test tube baby..where do you think the videogames store gets its info from??? so thick in the head...they speak to developers/mags. I think the mags and developer websites and such area form of media....and UK importer was using shorthand for "you" and "are" which is U and R...get it now test tube...some people on these forums are so one minded...

some are like eat sony,drink sony, bleed sony,sacrifice mother for sony....please people dont be so biased to one machine...be open minded....especially test tube retard and grapf translated as one minded pig...OK! maybe the media may help you find out what im trying to say...

testtubebaby
04-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Onmitsu
ok test tube baby..where do you think the videogames store gets its info from???

i worked at babbages for about 9 months, so this question is easy... the computers are linked to a main hub from which they get the current release dates. and where does this central place get it? oh yea, the p.r. people who have to deal with ordering games from companies have to be in constant contact with the developers and this is where they aquire the release dates...

i don't appreciate being insulted by someone who fabricates ideas in their head with no real facts to back them up... think before you start your fights.

[edit] i said "constant contact with the developers", but in actuality, it's usually handled through the publisher of the game who is in constant contact with the developer of the game...

Onmitsu
04-24-2002, 03:48 PM
and how does the main hub communicate with the PR people?im just guessing but is it the internet?

If yes then isnt the internet one place to get info/ a type of media main hub?

testtubebaby
04-24-2002, 03:55 PM
um, there's these things called telephones...

yea, people still use these things.

Pdaimaoh
04-24-2002, 08:03 PM
do you really think an intelligent BUSINESS uses EGM or IGN to make their decisions??
oh please

publishers' Public Relations divisions are the people that inform the journalists and the business and the masses, you don't need journalists to see 'press releases' because they are free to the public

and publshers care way more about BUSINESSES, to whom they SELL thier games, than they do about a game magazine's editors