PDA

View Full Version : Now this is what a new DS game should be like..

thesoftware6180
01-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Another code,this game looks like what ds should be doing..sweet use of the 2 screens and seem immerssive with sweet looking graphics.

Must see:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/anoj/index.html

Daniel4802
01-18-2005, 12:22 PM
If more games like this release on the DS, I'll like the system more and so will most enthusiasts who are putting off buying it. As long as there is a huge library of games like this and a small selection of quirky titles like Wario Ware, the DS can possibly become as successful as the GBA. But that is a long way to go before GBA relinquishes the throne. For now, the GBA pwns DS.

From the movie, it seems like an action/adventure game with Resident Evil style puzzles. The dual screens are put to good use: the upper for all the dialogue and to help solve puzzles. And speaking of the puzzles, the utilization of the stylus is a good choice. The artwork is also very beautiful and reminescent to Viewtiful Joe in the cutscenes and dialogue boxes where it looks comic-book style. Looks to be a winner. However I'd like to find out what the story is about and some in-game combat video to see how that works.

Paper exe
01-18-2005, 12:30 PM
The problem with this game is that it may not release out side of japan

Messanic
01-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Hey, Nintendo's found another way to screw with people's minds on what genre a game is, now it's the good old text based rpg/adventure games. Looks good though, I'd have to see more of this game to buy it though.

TheHardware
01-18-2005, 01:58 PM
The problem with this game is that it may not release out side of japan

it may not release outside japan...but the psp is black (see paper this is what you sound like in other threads)

@topic....that is the best handheld game i have ever seen....that game (imo) is a reason to own a DS..if this game get favorable reviews im there

and that music is incredible as well.....i really love the design of this game.....WOW
i had to watch it 3 times..

Paper exe
01-18-2005, 02:19 PM
the site dose not work mabey I have done something wrong or my PC dose not work :crying:

Paper exe
01-18-2005, 02:20 PM
it may not release outside japan...but the psp is black (see paper this is what you sound like in other threads)
?????????????????????????????????????????????????

thesoftware6180
01-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Funny thing is nintendo is making this game,the style just dont seem like a nintendo product..and i love it.I hope that this is the direction nintendo goes in with new IP's.

Dr. Bombay
01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Wow. Very nice. I wonder if this is how Xenosaga or Baiten Kaitos is gonna play in the end.

VanillaFire1000
01-18-2005, 05:48 PM
This was one of the reasons I originally wanted the DS, Jam with the band being the other reason.

Reivenlocke
01-18-2005, 09:17 PM
The game looks very Myst-like...and Myst was one of the best games of the 90s, if not all time.

FinalSolace2
01-18-2005, 09:35 PM
:8): this is the kind of thing ive been waiting for to appear,

it shows good usage of both screens,

theres a whole lot more texture to the gameplay,

it like watching the HULK on DVD, the way the film was shot, with loads of mini screens and view angles in one shot. It was a great way to watch the movie and see everything at once.

i expect to see alot more titles that uses the screens in this way, if not more clever and more dynamically.

Nintendo may have created a new type of gameplay, that is only unique to the DS and developer will now be able to discover new uses for both screens and touchscreen control.

Hell even i want to develop for DS now,

i'd need a development kit though, and i dont know the first thing about programming or animating and elsewhat.

nintendo DS will own!!
and the NINTENDO DS LOGO LOOKS COOL!<- ive been thinking this for a while, if its got a good logo and name, that will help push sales, including good games.

i cant wait till next year, i so am gonna enjoy my DS.

Well Man
01-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Funny thing is nintendo is making this game,the style just dont seem like a nintendo product..and i love it.I hope that this is the direction nintendo goes in with new IP's.

Yeah it isn't like your usual Nintendo product because it is made by a second party. And I think this game has a good chance of making it out of Japan, since really the DS doesn't yet have the flood of games that GBA has and unless their is some translation thing that the developers and NOA can't work out, the game would be guarenteed some money based off the anime style it has alone.

Not to mention it seems to me changing the name from Another to Another Code would make the premise easier for people to figure out what sort of game it is from the title. But this is just my theory.

Icarus4578
01-19-2005, 01:36 AM
Yeah, this game looks more interesting than most of the rest of the DS' lineup, yet the publications aren't giving it so much as a second thought. All they show us is Mario and Castlevania, like those are the only games for the system.

Now that I think about it, I wonder what Sega could do with a DS Space Harrier....