PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the new Netscape 7?

Pikachu
09-02-2002, 07:01 PM
I have installed it on my machine, it's actually pretty good! It seems to load faster than my IE6, and I like the tabbed window thing a lot. The best feature would be the built-in ICQ and AIM support, it's better than using ICQ2001! It seems like IE is lagging behind now...

Overlord
09-02-2002, 07:09 PM
You can always use Trillian for the 5 chat progs, all in one. And you should try the Oprah browser if you want speed. I haven't tried it yet, nor do I wish to. I always hated Netscape.

...I'm moving this to Social, or would rather have it in others?

Rubeus
09-02-2002, 10:17 PM
I used Opera before, it's worst than IE and Netscape, and there is a disgusting ad banner at the top.

Why do you hate Netscape OL? Netscape 3.0 used to be my favorite before I switched to IE5.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-03-2002, 09:01 AM
What is this Net-escapade you all speak of? :rolleyes:

Wacky hijinks ensue!

Overlord
09-03-2002, 07:41 PM
Well, you see. Back a few years ago. During one of the summers. My IE stopped working. And I was forced to use Netscape for a while. And it was horrible. It was slow. And didn't doesn't understand anywhere near as many codes IE does. So it's not that advance. They also put too many graphics in it, thus making it slower. Graphics should be left for websites, not browsers. It's a lot better then the AOL browser though.

...And you can always register Oprah to get rid of the banner. And 6.05 just came out, it doesn't have as much support as IE/MSNIE, but's it's getting better.

Anyone try Mozilla yet?

Kid0_oIcarus
09-04-2002, 09:33 AM
I used Netscape until a while back.. I was okay- but IE was everywhere, so I said - whatever and made the jump.

I miss some of Netscape's features, but really IE does the job.. so, eh.

Rubeus
09-06-2002, 03:44 AM
OL, you know that Netscape has merged with Mozilla since version 6? So Netscape 7 is really the latest version of Mozilla, it's getting a lot better than version 6, seems to be more reliable than my IE6 under Windows XP. For some reason my IE6 runs really slow in XP, and I always get Javascript errors in a lot of websites, but Netscape 7 doesn't have the same problems.

Black Ace
09-06-2002, 04:21 PM
I dont use Netscape, only at school. I'm not in school anymore.

ATMA
09-08-2002, 01:11 PM
It's waaaaaaaaay better than Explorer IMO, i've always preffered Netscape! And this one seems to load the pages faster and it's so easy to use besides you get this cool icon behind the "http:// " depends wich site you are visiting on your browser ! I like the one of sega.com! ofcourse it's Sonic !
I luv those little icons ! :spinface:
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay icons !!!