PDA

View Full Version : The DS Game Reviews.

sanlands
01-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Umm.. This is just some information I gathered from a bunch of reviews to sum it up. Took about 20 minutes just because I was bored since there was nothing to look up so I researched about the games. Well I sorta combined them or whatever. Hope it helps, if not, oh well... Credit goes to GR(i wub u).
Enjoy(or not).

I think it's self explanatory.

Mario DS (B)
+ Good delivery
+ Groovy extra mini-games
+ An improved Super Mario 64
- Which was interesting eight years ago
- Control and camera issues
- Boring multiplayer

The Urbz (B)
+ Would addict a priest
+ Excellent pacing
+ Tons of stuff to do
- Miss a key dialogue, you?re toast
- Could use more objects

Sprung (C)
+ Pretty Fun
+ Original
+ Decent writing
+/- Dating game
- But not really a game
- No gameplay
- There isn't any gameplay
- GAMEPLAY. GAMEPLAY.

Spiderman (D+)
+ Good engine
+ Neat 3D rotating effect
+ Moves like a spider
- Plays like a dog
- Poor use of bottom screen
- Repetitive missions assignments
- Awful music

Asphalt Urban GT (C-)
+ Fast and smooth
+ Good power sliding
- Bad physics
- Few tracks
- No damage-modeling
- Car clusters

Madden 2005 (C)
+ Basic Madden gameplay
+ Uses touch-screen well
+ Interesting top-down view
- No Franchise mode?
- Lousy graphics
- Sounds awful

Feel the Magic XY:XX (C-)
+ Stylish and weird
+ Cool use of the technology
- Which doesn't make it any fun
- No depth or long-term value
- Can be completed in a day

---------------------------------------

Missed Reviews:

Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
Ping Pals
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 2005
Ridge Racer DS

---------------------------------------

To be Released:

Zoo Keeper January 17, 2005
WarioWare: Touched February 14, 2005
Bomberman DS March 1, 2005
Egg Monster Hero March 1, 2005
Retro Atari Classics March 14, 2005
Yoshi Touch and Go March 14, 2005
Harvest Moon DS ?? 2005
Another ?? 2005
Nanostray ?? 2005
Polarium ?? 2005
Jump Superstars ?? 2005
Band Brothers ?? 2005
Tendo Dokuta ?? ????
Cool 104 Joker & Setline ?? ????
Pokemon Dash ?? ????
Meteos ?? ????
Prince of Tennis ?? ????
Touch! Kirby's Magic Paintbrush ?? ????

Reality
01-14-2005, 10:41 PM
A nice short and sweet summery of the pros and cons.

Joe Redifer
01-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Feel the Magic is still the best DS game available. When will they begin to release more DS games? Will they release any more or are they done?

sanlands
01-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Yeah thanks, those were just nice small and basically a report card from all the reviews I looked at so I wrote them all down for easy reference.

Those reviews are just the ones I could find in the matter of the time I was bored well anyways, I'll go post the release dates now. =)

I'll catch up on the missed reviews when I'm bored. Which is pretty often. But if I must post the release dates. I shall =D -gets out wordpad- let the researching begin. xP(wow... i really am bored)

Okay I got them after roughly 15 minutes... Well here it is. Remember it's for the US release date only. Yep, sorry =( Too lazy too find the other countries (canada, japan, etc) Yeah well anyways heres the list of to-be released DS games. Yeah so, I didnt get it all off of a list. Had to go through each preview and write it down on wordpad. =D But I'm pretty sure if I looked I coulda just found a huge list with the release date. Oh well.. too late now.

Okay.. I updated the original post for the thread. Enjoy. Like always..

sanlands
01-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Sprung Review:
Sorry for the double post but it looks kinda messy. Well anyways. I read a lot of reviews about Sprung. They dont seem to give it enough credit so I gave it a C+ for it's effort. Many reviewers gave it a 4.0 , 2.5, 3.0 etc. So I sorta reformated them and gave it a C+. I mean it's fun, or not depending on your taste of games. It's not considered a real game because basically it's a story. Once it goes on you read the dialogue and pick a selection to either do this or do that. You know where I'm going? It's a choose your own story game basically. I mean it looks fun to me. Maybe not to others who like rpgs and action games. But to most appeals I think it's a nice and unique game. Well while I am writing this review I came across a post from a IGN user review and checked it out. He gave it a 8.0 and so I shall quote him =D

IGN User post:
"... It's like the ONLY dating game out there. And that make it a winner... ...What makes SPRUNG so great is it's challenges. It's not really easy tryin' to get a girls' number. Let alone some time in the hot tub. One of the objectives I had to complete was to get a girl in the hot tub. But for some reason, she wanted candy..."

Well he agrees with me too. I think people should check out this game if you like these kinds of things. But it merely depends on the gamers taste. I just didnt want anyone to get a biased view because some reviewer finds dating games boring. It's fun. Trust me.(or not)

Paper exe
01-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Mario DS (B)
+ Good delivery
+ Groovy extra mini-games
+ An improved Super Mario 64
- Which was interesting eight years ago
- Control and camera issues
- Boring multiplayer

Here you are wrong because Mario DS Control is very good not because you don't get use to it dose not mean it is bad because I know some people that just start playing games they said that Mario DS Control is alot better then the anlog stik they say that the anlog is hard to control

was interesting?
this game is still interesting and the levels are very good not like alot of other platform games

Good delivery?
what that means and what that have to do with the game?

and about your games list you are missing alot of games and you forgot about alot of third party games
and why list Cool 104 Joker & Setline
and why list a japan only game like Prince of Tennis ?
and why forgot MN and FF3 and CV???

SavedFromSin
01-16-2005, 02:51 PM
and about your games list you are missing alot of games and you forgot about alot of third party games

The games he has listed are games that are released in the USA and the above list is complete. Prince of Tennis is a soon to be released game, hince the no release date.

Paper exe
01-16-2005, 03:12 PM
The games he has listed are games that are released in the USA and the above list is complete. Prince of Tennis is a soon to be released game, hince the no release date.
I don't know about Prince of Tennis
but his list is not complete because there is alot of games he forgot
here is some
1-Baten Kaitos
2-Viewtiful Joe
3-Boktai
4-Castlevania
5-Ganbare Goemon
6-Sonic
Note-all of these games are new not Remakes

SavedFromSin
01-16-2005, 05:40 PM
no, but they are sequels.

sanlands
01-16-2005, 05:57 PM

I'll look them up later.

Paper exe
01-17-2005, 09:49 AM
no, but they are sequels.
I list them because they are sequels
if you want here is a list of not sequels games
1-Dragon Booster
2-WINX
3-RPG from Namco [untitled]
4-The Masquerade Lullaby
5-Air Assault
6-Dark Reflections
Note-there is no information about Baten Kaitos and Viewtiful Joe and Boktai so they may not play like the original games just like Sonic DS and NDS have slot of spin off games meaning that they are new games but they have characters from other game

SavedFromSin
01-18-2005, 02:30 AM
^^^^
arent they maing Fire Emblem and Xenogears for the DS?

Nephlabobo
02-27-2005, 06:17 AM

How do you know this is a sequel if it doesn't have a title? :rolleyes:

Paper exe
02-27-2005, 06:24 AM
can you read?
I said here is a list of not sequel games
just like the post that you quoted :annoyed:

Icarus4578
02-27-2005, 06:25 AM
Nice summaries. Not really what I'd consider 'reviews,' but hey, more power to the MagicBox. I cannot really comment on the games, though, because I have yet to purchase a DS. Maybe when Nintendo and others finally decide to get their act together and start releasing some must-have titles I'll consider purchasing it.

Joe Redifer
02-27-2005, 06:51 AM
The DS has Spiderman. That makes it a "must have". PSP will come with Spiderman 2 da Movie. That makes it "must have". Buy buy buy!!!

Icarus4578
02-27-2005, 06:56 AM
*Resists urge to blow $500+ on two worthless portables.....*

C'mon people! Can't you even tell when something is a waste of money? SAVE YOUR MONEY! If you absolutely must purchase something right now, go buy Ys VI.

Joe Redifer
02-27-2005, 07:00 AM
*uses hypno-ray*
(sound=woowoowoowoowoowoowoowoowoowoo etc)
Buy Icarus.... you musssst BUY!!! Purchase the DS and buy both of the good games that are available for it. (woowoowoowoowoo etc) BUY IT NOW!!!!!! (woowoowoo) Then purchase the mighty PSP pack for $400 at EB!!!! Be forced to get 1 decent game and 2 crummy ones plus crummy peripherals (woowoowoowoowoo) YOU MUST OBEY! It is Nintendo and Sony we are talking about, and they need YOUR money to survive! (woowoowoowoowoowoo) OBEY! BUY BUY BUY!!!

Icarus4578
02-27-2005, 07:09 AM
"Look! LOOK INTO MY EEEEEYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!"
http://www.twistedtoybox.net/mummy/stare.jpg
"Save! SAAAAAAVE YOUR MONEY!!!! GIVE IT ALL TO MEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Joe Redifer
02-27-2005, 07:16 AM
That looks like somebody who purchased a PSP at EB for $400. They just got BURNED!

sharky~
02-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Why did Feel the Magic get C.. I havent seen any games on the DS better then it..
so I'd say it should get an A or B

Paper exe
02-28-2005, 05:11 AM
Wario Ware Touched

Joe Redifer
02-28-2005, 05:46 AM
What about it? Wario Ware had less to offer for me than Feel the Magic, nor was it as fun as Feel the Magic. Nintendo didn't even program Wario Ware themselves. Shows how much they care about it.

Paper exe
02-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Feel The Magic is the second best NDS game of 4 :irked:
but I think Wario Ware Touched is better because it have alot more mini games and some of the mini games plays like Feel The Magic mini games yes the Feel The Magic once are better but Wario Ware Touched still have it
and Fell The Magic dose not have good music but Wario Ware Touched have(like Mona Song :cool guy: )to tell the truth this is the real reason the better music :sweat:
because I see a game with out good musics just like a game that have atari graphics.

Note:who programed Wario Ware Touched?
I thought it was Nintendo
what the name of the company

Kozmo
03-28-2005, 10:08 AM
The DS is going to have killer titles soon, we just have to be patient. Titles like Katari Damacy and Xenosaga.....I for one cannot wait since those 2 games didn't have a damn PAL release.

Vicviper
03-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Katamari Damacy is a perfect game for DS. You won't even need a tutorial to play the game it will be so easy to control.

gearhound
03-28-2005, 10:42 PM
"Look! LOOK INTO MY EEEEEYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!"
http://www.twistedtoybox.net/mummy/stare.jpg
"Save! SAAAAAAVE YOUR MONEY!!!! GIVE IT ALL TO MEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

hey, i think that zombie guy has a PSP... :yikes:

NINTENDO dev wario ware touched, paper

The DS is going to have killer titles soon, we just have to be patient. Titles like Katari Damacy and Xenosaga.....I for one cannot wait since those 2 games didn't have a damn PAL release.

don't forget about lunar and castlevania. those are two must-have titles.

Joe Redifer
03-29-2005, 01:05 AM
NINTENDO dev wario ware touched, paper
I'm not sure that sentence is even in English, but if I am reading it correctly, then I must say that Nintendo did not program Wario Ware Touched themselves. They had help. They can't do anything on their own anymore. They are but a shell of what they used to be.

Paper exe
03-29-2005, 06:39 AM
The same can be said on any other company.

Hallucinus
03-29-2005, 07:46 AM
im sorry...
wario ware and feel the magic are fun and novel games for a few hours. but i think its terribly sad that we are accepting games like these as "great" and considering them as the best on the system
i own both games and i think theyre fun, but come on. theyre gimmick games and have such shallow gameplay that has been unacceptable since the atari 2600 days. id rather see a great game with features of the ds ADDED (not thrown in, but implimented maybe is a better word) rather than full games built on a single gimmicky gameplay function. metroid seems to use the ds hardware effectively

Paper exe
03-29-2005, 08:15 AM
I know that is the best part. :spinface:
and Yoshi Touch & Go is one of those games but that why I like NDS it that it have 2D games and 3D games and these kind of old style games it have every kind of games. :bigsmile:
I think now we have more of these kind of games because they are short so that why they release it fast and in the beginning and now is the beginning of NDS.

Icarus4578
03-29-2005, 08:28 AM
gearhound ~ "hey, i think that zombie guy has a PSP... :yikes:"

Yeah, he got burned on that one.

welshfreak
03-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Mario is the best out there at the moment as it is a very good long adventure, i use the stylus to control and it works fine for me....

gearhound
03-29-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure that sentence is even in English, but if I am reading it correctly, then I must say that Nintendo did not program Wario Ware Touched themselves. They had help. They can't do anything on their own anymore. They are but a shell of what they used to be.

nintendo developed wario ware touched (ok, co-developed), paper. happy now?

Paper exe
03-29-2005, 02:56 PM
no IS and Hal and EAD are all Nintendo just like SEGA AM2 and Sonic Team etc are SEGA

welshfreak
05-15-2005, 03:53 AM
In a way nintendo is an umbrella company for Hal etc.. so infact, wario was developed at least partically by nintendo...