PDA

View Full Version : GTA: Vice City Details

b0b
08-31-2002, 09:51 PM
Vice City is 2.5x bigger then Liberty City was and it's all accessible as soon as you enter the game no bridges getting repaired this time. VC will feature 100 vehicles GTA3 had 40. VC will have 100-140 missions, GTA3 had 73. VC will have 40 weapons (including chainsaws, hammers, knives) GTA3 has 12, VC will has 8 to 9 thousand ped comments GTA3 has 3k.

Now that the comparison numbers are over here's some other details. It is now possible to jump out of a moving car as opposed to GTA3 where you have to come to a complete stop before exiting a car, anyone that has been in a burning car knows this will be infinitely helpful. It is also now possible to shoot out the majority of cars tires which effects the drivers control, since this has been added I assume the police will use spike strips. this isn't confirmed but there is a screen shot in the psm special where it looks like a bullet hole has passed through the aft windshield of a police officers vehicle, I personally hope that they will allow you to shoot through the glass on the cars as that will only make it more realistic. I said there we're 100 vehicles and at least two of these can fly I'm not talking about the Dodo flying in GTA3 I mean they can really fly these include a helicopter which you be able to use some weapons from and small plane with pontoons so it can land in the water or land. It has also been confirmed that all the music in the game will be actual licensed music from the 80's so except flock of seagulls, Michael Jackson, and Madonna. Apparently they've also reworked melee combat and added a new aiming system with a reticule that will indicate if the person your targeting is armed or not.

all the information listed here has been taken from the-magicbox.com and www.gouringa.com

Overlord
08-31-2002, 09:53 PM
Most of that info can also be found here: http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1006

xXx Beaver xXx
09-01-2002, 12:17 AM
I agree, OL.

But b0b can't really help it, he hasn't been on the forums for a while, and doesn't know how to read down past the first 5 threads.

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

b0b
09-06-2002, 01:06 PM
this from the uber nerd. hmm I wasnt forced to apologize to Overlord I did it because he posted before me, if I had seen his thread my orginal post would of been in his thread but unfortunately we can't all be filled with the powers of Uber Geekiness such as you XXX, if I had your NERD power I would of used them to access the internet and search the billions of posts, I believe when I did post in Overlords thread by finding it in the in Playstation 2 Discussion I went down about 25 posts to find it :) not 5 more like the first 25, regardless :) VC rawks XXX sucks it hard.