PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Unlimited (WOW)

ATMA
04-22-2002, 01:34 PM
hi there did ya'll seen final fantasy unlimited
isn't it sweet ..finaly something that looks like
final fantasy ..i mean the summons and the fantasy
well anyway feel free to let your opinion known
about FFU !!!! on a scale 1 to 10 what's your rating !! so far what i've seen i'll give it a 9

Wolf
04-22-2002, 03:32 PM
Is it on AMerican television or available on DVD or something? I have heard about this series but have never seen it because I think its only native to Japan so far.

ATMA
04-23-2002, 03:17 AM
Well true alot of people doesn't know about it (yet) but trust me you want to see it ..i mean the fist series ..was okay ..the movie was like what the hell is this ??..but this serie is really base
on the final fantasy games .i won't give any excamples ..cause i might upset some people but it's a good serie !!!!:D

ATMA
04-23-2002, 03:20 AM
Well i don't live in the states so i don't know if it's on a network television or cable or whatever .but when i was looking for a avatar i bumb into a site that was offering the dvd ..but it's kinda weird come to think of it that not alot of people knows about it !!! or i might be wrong !! well time will tell !!! :cool:

tinlunlau
04-23-2002, 11:26 AM
u can download 'em on the net.

typexig
04-24-2002, 02:09 AM
where can i buy it?

teepo
04-26-2002, 06:37 PM
i regret wasting my life after watching 6 episodes.

ARTO
04-30-2002, 05:51 AM
I havn't seen it myself.....but can it be compaired to Evangelion or Cowboy Bebop? ( quality wise)
The story line is not too childish is it?

For those who want to buy it, check out this place.
http://www.animekrazy.com/

typexig
04-30-2002, 12:24 PM
for those of you who have seen the show.. hows the sound track? what bout the quality? is there alot of action or mostly talking? and finally, how will you rate it from 1-10?...=)

-Xig-

Lynx
05-11-2002, 02:20 PM
I wanna see it, but I haven't been able to. :( Hopefully I will be able to see it sometime.

hootie17
05-11-2002, 11:55 PM
hey
not that i don belive u buit im an avid ff fan and i would
liek to see some sites to prove this.

ATMA
05-12-2002, 12:01 PM
http://www.ff-u.com/
(it's a jap site i'll try to find some english sites but i doubt it since the serie is still in the jappa land )
But i heard some very bad rumours !!
That they stoped the serie because it wasn't doing so great !!! They stoped it around episode 17 -19
somewhere between ,I don't know how many episode
they made but i think around 24 or 26
Now i think the serie is pretty good .ofcourse there's better manga's outhere .!!
But what i like alot about FFU is that it got alot of FF in it ..you have the summons ..like phoenix shiva ,typhoon, Ifrit and much much much more
plus you have chocobos!!! So you can see alot of the FF things in it than like the movie (that had nothing to do with final fantasy)

ATMA
05-12-2002, 12:06 PM
I hope your spanish is okay !!
((sorry i just can't find an english site with info on FFU ))
http://www.ffmaniacs.com/
it's in spanish plus it's a cool site !!!
check it out and you can find some info on FFU there
good luck !!! ;)
ps:here's the shortcut http://www.ffmaniacs.com/ffzone/ffu.shtml

Overlord
05-18-2002, 09:09 PM
I heard that FFU is based on FFV. And the story is based on the events that happens after the game. Is this true? Whats the main plot of it all?

Seska
05-20-2002, 08:04 AM
Ugh. Ive seen only about the first 7 eps of FFU, and I didn't really like what I saw.

I'd rate it a 6/10. The character development is bland, the charaters themselves are somewhat dull, and the series seems very formulaic: Party arrives at new place, something happens, boss shows up, something is summoned to beat boss. Rinse and repeat.

The only thing in its favour si that it is a lot like the RPG. There's Chocobos, Cid, the music is vaguely Uematsu-like, etc. The character designs are very Amano-like as well, in fact I think he worked on it. The animation is pretty good too, with extensive use of CGI.

Now maybe this works well for a console RPG, but it makes for very repetitive watching on TV, especially as the story is so damn slow to progress.

And in case you are wondering, the plot is as follows:

At some point in time a large pillar of light appears in "our" world, from which two huge monsters appear to make battle in the sky. As mosnters who appear from beams of light usually do, of course. (...)

10 yeas later, two kids, whose parents were scientists who found a way to get into the other world those monsters emerged from, decide to take the train that leads to the other world so they can find their parents. And let me note these ain't teenage kids, they are whiny underage brats that get on your nerves more often than not.

On the train they meet a girl who looks astoundingly similar to
Lei-Fang from DOA (In other words - pontyail, large breasts, skintight outfit :p) who has the mysterious power of healing, and who is travelling to the other world for her own unknown reasons.

Once they get to the other world, its really weird. It's Organic and everything seems to be made of plants and bugs and weird crap like that. They meet a mysterious man called Kaze who wields a Demon Gun that allows him to summon GF/Aeon/whatever you want to call it. He looks like Vincent and talks even less than Cloud. Boss appears. He kills it and walks off.

This happens a lot in the series.

Everytime they meet him again, you KNOW a boss is going to appear so he can kill it and walk off again. Gofig.

Blah.

Maybe it gets better, but to be honest I didnt have the patience to grab the remaining available eps and put myself through the agony of watching it till the end. If anyone has seen it and it does get better, let me know!

ATMA
05-20-2002, 02:45 PM
Yes the story is kinda simple ,There's better mangas outthere deffently !!But what I like about it it's finaly something that kinda looks like
FF, I mean sure they coulda made it way better
but it's fun to watch it i think !!!
I'll give it a 7 (i still haven't seen every episode )..
-TIPITAY-

specineff13
05-23-2002, 01:50 AM
Personally, I thought the series was just ok. Since Gonzo is the studio responsible for the animation and CG, the quality is quite high. However, I get the feeling that the show was intended for younger audience consider the simple character designs and the uninspiring story plot. Even so, the only reason that I am still watching is because of the main heroine, she sure is hot!:D

ATMA
05-23-2002, 01:29 PM
And here i was thinking i was the only one ..
shame on me :o
But other than that i just like the fact that you see alot of FF thingys in it ya ???