PDA

View Full Version : Wip3ouT; Fusion

THX 1138
04-22-2002, 11:09 AM
Should WipEout; Fusion be played with DualShock game pad or a vibration feedback wheel controller?
Taking the other WipEout titles into consideration,.........predicting which controller will be best used with Fusion is a tough call.

What do you think?:confused:

dog$
04-23-2002, 02:14 AM
I think this game better come out in Japan or I will be [b]pissed off

Nasanu
04-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Using a wheel would just be stupid. These are AG craft, not cars. People only use wheels because they want to make the experience more realistic. I would not imagine that AG Craft have wheels, more like sticks. Wheels seem to me to be quite a lot harder to use than a dual shock also. And try hitting the drop and fire buttons while steering... Also if using a wheel how would you controll the pitch of the craft?

In other words don't use a wheel.

Iori
04-26-2002, 12:20 AM
How does the game compare to Wipeout 1-3? Is the worth getting?

Nasanu
04-26-2002, 01:00 AM
I have owned Wipeot, WipEout 2097 and now WipEout Fusion. I did not like Wip3out becuase it was too far removed form 2097 which was a large step above the original.

WipEout Fusion seems alot like what I percieved Wip3out to be. Seems less hardcore than 2097 and more mass market. I only brought it because it was selling at half price. I am very glad I did get it though. At first I was dissapionted with it for being too focused on the weapons and too easy to controll. There is also a large focus on charactors whom are very dull and not easy to like. I really don't care for the poilets being in the game. The tracks 'feature' off road sections too which are very much out of place in the game. You can be screaming down a futuristic track and then all of a sudden be in the woods dodging trees. It takes away form the atmosphere considerably and is not a welcome addition. Another drawback of the game is the weather effects. Well not the weather effects themselves, they look great, but how in the world does a hover craft become affected by rain and snow? Its so stupid. If is raining you craft is a little harder to controll as if it were a car! Same goes with snow or water. Must be the air getting slippery... LOL!

I do LOVE WipEout Fusion though. Please don't get me wrong. Its very fun comepting in leagues and earning money to upgrade your craft and make it faster. All the faults mentioned above do not take much away form the experience. Fusion is FAST. Very fast. The leagues are done well with different craft winning each race just like it would be in real life. Unlocking zone mode is awasome. Zone mode puts you on the track with no one else. You have full shield energy but can't restore it if you lose it. The longer you race around the track the more 'zones' you go thourgh. With each zone your speed increases... You just have to last as long as you can....

Hell forget all I said above about the games faults. Just buy Fusion. Thinking about the game puts a big simle on my face. It's Excellent. It's eaiser to state what you don't like than what you do like. Oh and the music... Awesome stuff.

THX 1138
04-26-2002, 11:03 AM
Nasanu,
Have you tried playing Wip3out Fusion wearing 3D glasses?

For a new experience turn out the lights, draw the shades, put on your 3D glasses, adjust the TV color and brightness then go for it! (don't forget a barf-bag)

Games I have played wearing 3D glasses: Extreme G
lll Racing, Rollcage l & ll, Colony Wars (all of them), G-police l & ll, SW Starfighter l & ll, Kinetica, WipeOut l & lll and Turbo Prop Racing.

BTW, If you didn't know, FYI, 3D glasses are those paper shades with one red lense and one blue lense.

porcu
04-28-2002, 06:46 PM
:confused:

Didn't know the above games actually support 3D Glasses??!

piyo
05-02-2002, 08:52 PM
To answer the forum post, I think WO:F should be played with the Dual Shock. I have some racing controllers and they aren't well suited towards the WO style. What buttons would you use for air brakes?

Originally posted by Nasanu
Another drawback of the game is the weather effects. Well not the weather effects themselves, they look great, but how in the world does a hover craft become affected by rain and snow? Its so stupid. If is raining you craft is a little harder to controll as if it were a car! Same goes with snow or water. Must be the air getting slippery... LOL!

I don't have the game yet, but what do you mean? I wouldn't imagine your craft getting slippery like a car, but heavier and harder to turn, like an aircraft. Now going over water shouldn't make the control any different. That would be strange, LOL! Maybe they bought a physics engine from some racing software developer? Maybe they were inspired by Back to the Future 2?!? :D

Thanks for the mini-review. At least now I know the developers didn't forsake the basic style of the game.

---
piyo quips, "racing is harder without air brakes, try GT3 lately?"

Bookbagninja
05-03-2002, 01:02 AM
I would agree and say to use the DS. I don't see why you would use the wheel for a game like WO. You have to react VERY quickly, especially in further along stages, and I don't think the wheel would do you much good.