PDA

View Full Version : New Square Enix Title.

Escaflowne2001
11-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Seems like SquareEnix have qiuetly announced a new title on there DQVIII release disc it's named Code Age (amusing that's it's gonna be PS2).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/11/29/news_6114043.html

[M]egaman Ver.6
11-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Hot damn... something new from Squenix!!

:cool guy:

burpingcat
11-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Uh oh...DQ 8 came out in Japan today? Nation-wide productivity plummets......

Nem
11-29-2004, 07:51 PM
well, it seems to be an interesting project from what i read in that link. Im curious to see some shots.

Snuffmachine
11-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Bwahaha. Thats great news.

Finaly Square Enix does what they should have done two years ago; launching a hell of alot RPG?s. :evilsmile

I mean DQ8, FF12, Radiata Storys, FM 5, FF7 DoC and now this game. Plain Cool. :cool:

PS: I dont count Kingdom Hearts. Thats Disney **** from Hell, i hate em. :kill:

pelican
11-30-2004, 01:11 PM
i'm not really bothered about this until i hear some more information, but i've got enough squenix titles on my wishlist as it is, radiata stories, kingdom hearts 2, ffvii: doc + ac and the classic-in-the-making final fantasy xii

snuffmachine, it's your loss if you don't play kingdom hearts, one of square's best games in years and years. by the way ffvvi:doc isn't an rpg :P

Snuffmachine
11-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Well it gives me the creeps when i think what a great game squix could have produced with the time, money and manpower they put in KH2. :irked:

Just thinking that they put Cloud Strife in one game with Wiener Poo or Donald Duck makes me wanna puke. :crazy:

I hated the first instalment and i will hate the sequel. :too mad:

But whatever man if you like it so be it. By the way of course FFVII DoC is no RPG but i can play with Vincent in the FFVII Universe. Just seeing those screens in Calm makes me wanna timetravel and grab that game. And i can do this :kill:

PS: Wasnt there supposed to be a sequel to Parasite Eve too ???

[M]egaman Ver.6
11-30-2004, 11:46 PM
There was noise about a sequel but I think probablly canned it in the conception stage.

Snuffmachine
12-01-2004, 03:40 AM
You really think so? That would suck. I loved PE. :crying:

It pains me to see that Squix is abandoning most of there old franchise. I was hoping ( yeah years ago ) for a PS2 Sequel of Crono Cross, Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana ( this time with a story ), and Vagrant Story. :(

Burt till now they only released two good RPG ( FFX, FMIV ), two not very good RPGs ( Unlimited Saga, FFX2 ) , and two lousy RPGs ( FFXI, Kingdom Hearts ).
Im really glad that next year theres gonna be a hell of a lot Square-Enix RPGs. :D

Drunken Savior
12-01-2004, 03:47 AM
You mean Paraisite Eve 3? They definately released Parasite Eve 2 on the PS. Yeah, I'd love a PE3 and (finally) Chrono Break. But I thought Kingdom Hearts was really a monumental achievement, especially in gathering all those voice talents!

Snuffmachine
12-01-2004, 03:55 AM
Of course PE 3. I heard the Crono Cross Team is disassembeld and many of them are gone away from Squix. :crying:

So if thats true than thats it about the sequel. :(

Messanic
12-01-2004, 04:00 AM
No, thier called Monolith Soft, and thier with Namco now. They got fed up with being pulled off thier Xenogears and Chrono Trigger games to work on Final Fantasy games and left Square. I would like a PE3 though, and the Bouncer 2, theres so much that can be fixed in a sequal.

Freeman
12-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Someone gimme a christmas hat already! :kill: :kill:

I hope that it won't be another RPG.

Snuffmachine
12-01-2004, 04:04 AM
AAAHHHH. So Monolith is behind CC to. I didnt know that. Thanks for the info.
Its pretty shaby what square pulled off with those guys ( XENOGEARS CD II !!!!! )
But i really loved Xenosaga. Cant wait till February to get my hands on Part 2. :D

But with Squix holding the rights on Crono Cross i doubt that theres gonna be a sequel. :crying:

Magnus
12-01-2004, 06:49 AM
Someone gimme a christmas hat already! :kill: :kill:

Happy now? PM me if you want changes to it.

Reivenlocke
12-01-2004, 07:21 AM
One thing's for sure, if it is successful, the Square guys will pull the development team away from making a sequel to work on the next Final Fantasy game, since in the end, that's all they *really* care about.

pelican
12-01-2004, 03:09 PM
there are screenies on the front page now, taken from a video which is on ign now. don't get your hopes up though, there's nothing important revealed although you can get a good idea of the character design, maybe cel-shaded but i hope not. i'm expecting this to be an mmorpg, i think ffxi's success has got them excited but with the release of ffxii it'll seem old and i doubt players will want to carry on subscribing and buying new add-on packs. if it is an mmorpg then i believe it's a good idea, to have their primary rpg series(ff), old-school rpg's(dq) and mmorpg's in seperate franchises. does that last sentence make sense, im not sure if i put it in the right words.

Decado
12-01-2004, 04:30 PM
FFXI's "success"? Doesn't sound like it's been much of a success to me.

Dr. Bombay
12-01-2004, 05:06 PM
In the video game world, if it wasn't a horrible failure, it was a success.

Nem
12-01-2004, 05:45 PM
I call an online game with 500k subscribers a sucess.

Ive seen the pics of code age in the main page, and it really seems to be cell shaded. Well, they did announce that this game would use the Romancing Saga remake engine, so, it also rules out the possibility of it beeing an MMORPG.
The screens made me recall Panzer Dragoon Saga, and that is a good sign to me... im interested in seeing more.

Daniel4802
12-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Someone give me a Christmas Hat!
Haha. When I look at that picture, for some reason I find Freeman's avatar looks like an anime looking Harry Potter. :lol:

Dullahan
12-01-2004, 06:39 PM
No, thier called Monolith Soft, and thier with Namco now. They got fed up with being pulled off thier Xenogears and Chrono Trigger games to work on Final Fantasy games and left Square. I would like a PE3 though, and the Bouncer 2, theres so much that can be fixed in a sequal.

Only half of the Xenogears/Chrono Team left. Most of the important people, who made CT and CC are still there.

You get the Trailer here:

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/716/716856.html?ui=gamefinder

Just click on video.

Messanic
12-01-2004, 06:39 PM
Freemans av is Maito Gai from Naruto.