PDA

View Full Version : 9 hours 34 min to go.

Necro ??
08-27-2002, 02:35 AM
EB opens up in 9 hours and 34 min and then ill have my ps2 modem. mmmm yes @.@

So who's getting what? Im getting twisted metal black online,socom and Tony hawk 3. I also have plans to getATV,Auto Modellista and Tony hawk 4.Not many games are listed now but sony delayed there online plans till next year so the few games that are comming out are just the tip of the ice berg. :)

Who else is getting what and what are your hopes for online gameage?

Darren
08-27-2002, 03:23 AM
Wish I could get it right away but unfortunatly I dont have enough money. I want twisted metal online... :crying: :crying: :crying:

Seska
08-27-2002, 04:17 AM
I wouldnt be in such a huirry to get Auto Modellista, if I were you. Its a pretty game, and the cars are customizable as hell, but the controls are not that good.

Cobi*
08-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Seska
I wouldnt be in such a huirry to get Auto Modellista, if I were you. Its a pretty game, and the cars are customizable as hell, but the controls are not that good.

if you learn them well it makes no difference.

Nindalf
08-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Im not getting anything...
see im not very excited about this online gaming and i dont mutch like those games that are online
Maybe when they make games like GTA online im going to buy it
Too bad gamecube is not going online

Necro ??
08-29-2002, 12:50 AM
It is,but you know nintendo they are always one step behind.

Penance
08-29-2002, 12:54 AM
Too bad gamecube is not going online

But they are. And yeah, it looks like they're behind in the Online world.

Nindalf
08-29-2002, 10:49 AM
I know it is getting online play but i just would it come same time as PS2 and XBOX onlines

Hopefully when good party games like Mario Party and Mario Cart comes GC already has Online

Kid0_oIcarus
08-29-2002, 10:58 AM
Hmm.. one step behind? Or waiting to see what's going to happen? By all accounts Nintendo is feverently working on online projects behind their secret veil of secrecy.. :D

I don't think they're as behind as everyone thinks they are, but they're just not openly committing themselves to anything just yet.

Quality is very important to Nintendo, as much as profit is- so having a network with tons of downtime, to tweak or fix things, all the while losing customers, isn't something that I think would appeal to them..

So maybe they think not announcing anything is better than promising something they're just not ready to deliver yet..

Of course, I'm no Nintendo spokesman or anything like that.. :D

Necro ??
08-29-2002, 12:23 PM
Woo i got my ps2 modem, yesterday. Its just amazeing. it came with demos packed on the disk. you basicly get the full ver of frequency. but are limted to 4 songs.But its Wonderiful being connected to this "internet" thing and playing "games" with people who are on the other side of the country. :D

Kid0_oIcarus
08-29-2002, 01:03 PM
Heh, I remember my first dial-up game, and then my first internet game! Have a blast man!

IHZer0
08-29-2002, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking of getting it. The only games I'd probably play online are Frequency and Frequency 2 (and Twisted Metal Black Online, if the mail-in is still around once I find the NA). Also, maybe Auto Modellista, since I am considering it.

Though, I really want to be able to play fighting games online...

Here's hoping that MvsC2 gets released here with online play! (I'll buy it! Even though I have it for DC already. ;P)

Necro ??
08-29-2002, 01:55 PM
Ive played games online with PC before. its just not a wide pick of games like PS2.

It was eather half life or one of the quakes or unreal.As ive started many times. im not one for FPS. ;)

the Twisted metal black offer ends 12/30/02 i think. so you have a few months.

Darren
08-31-2002, 01:58 AM
I pre ordered for the next shipment he he he! :D

xXx Beaver xXx
08-31-2002, 07:36 AM
I went into an EB, here in NZ and the dude said:

"What is a modem?" It sounds like something illegal, I wouldn't trust it."

That sorta gives you the picture about what time we will get the PS2 Modem!

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

Darren
08-31-2002, 09:45 PM
Then why not just order from american website?