PDA

View Full Version : The GameFaqs Character Battle Thread!

Overlord
08-26-2002, 01:57 AM
If you don't know what I'm talking about, head over to gamefaqs.com. The last two polls were really close. Samus barely beat Sonic the other day. She was down by as much as 1200 in the beginning. But came out in the end. And Sephiroth beat Mega Man today, also a close one, and a come back win.

Right now, it's Mario Vs. Cloud Strife. Cloud is in the lead. And there are a lot of Final Fantasy gamers over there.

Next, it'll be Crono Vs. Solid Snake. Crono is Crono, but Snake is Snake. I'm cheering for Crono though. It should be a close one.

I have almost no doubt that Sephiroth will make it to the finals. And it'll be him Vs. Crono or Cloud or Snake, IMO.

The biggest upset so far was when Scorpian beat Pac-Man!

http://gamefaqs.com/

http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.asp

Your Thoughts?

Dr.Nick Riviera
08-26-2002, 02:06 AM
mario vs. cloud iz gonna be close

Overlord
08-26-2002, 02:10 AM
You're right. Clouds only up my 45 votes right now. And the polls only one hour old, theres been over 8,000 votes already.

I voted for Cloud. And I'm going to vote for Crono on the next one.

Nindalf
08-26-2002, 07:40 AM
I voted for Mario!
Mario Rules!!!!
:cool:

Kid0_oIcarus
08-26-2002, 09:19 AM
No way can Mario lose to Cloud.. Crono maybe.. but Cloud!?

Cloud's only a measly character in one title of a series that doesn't even have anything to do with each other installment in said series!!

Marios.. is .. well dammit he's MARIO!

I could see him close with Crono... but Cloud!?!?! WTF

A better battle would've been Crono vs. Cloud.

And don't even get me started on the Sephiroth vs. Megaman travesty.. there's a lot of FF fanboys that apparently need all the help they can get when playing their games...

Overlord
08-26-2002, 11:56 AM
Cloud's only a measly character in one title of a series that doesn't even have anything to do with each other installment in said series!!

Clouds actually in three games now. And many people consider FFVII to be the best FF out ever, I don't though.

...Clouds up by .49% right now. And up by over 400 votes.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-26-2002, 01:04 PM
Hmm.. this is going to be close....

EDIT : Mario is in the lead! w00t! By a fraction of a percent- but he's in teh w1n!!! Perhaps PlanetGamecube's article had something to do with it, or maybe people just came to their senses.. ^_^

Overlord
08-26-2002, 03:36 PM
Yeah, you guy's can go and thank planetgamecube.com for the sudden Mario lead.

Edit: Woo, Clouds down by only a little over a hundred votes now! 50.1%-49.9%!

Kid0_oIcarus
08-26-2002, 04:24 PM
Haha, you should see the poll boards over at GameFaqs.. they're a riot :D

I bring teh funn3y

EDIT: Gee whiz, the lead is like 98 votes now. This is gonna be great.

Overlord
08-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Are you a poster there Kid0_oIcarus? Whats your screen? I just went there, and you're right! Clouds starting to fall behind again. Only 8.5 hours left before it closes.

Edit: Clouds back in the lead!

Edit II: Wow, theres over 100,000 votes now. And three more hours to go. And the race is still really tight...

Overlord
08-27-2002, 01:15 AM
Nooooooo! Mario won! Damn Planetgamecube.com!

Oh, well. It least Crono's still in it. And I have a feeling that Sephiroth will go strong in the battle. Not only will the former Sephiroth fans vote for him, but also the angry Cloud fans. And there are a lot of those.

Before I call it a night, let me just say one thing:

Crono > Snake.

Thats is all.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-27-2002, 03:51 AM
I voted Mario, and Crono!

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

Kid0_oIcarus
08-27-2002, 07:52 AM
I knew that fat little plumber would pull through! Oh, and no, I don't post there, but I do check out what's going on over there from time to time. It's a funny place.

Nindalf
08-27-2002, 09:36 AM
Heheheh...
Nobody will win Mario!
Mario is the BEST!
(am i too obvious fanboy?:D )

Black Ace
08-27-2002, 03:34 PM
You guys are taking this way out of hands. Its just some poll, and I don't trust polls most of the time.

Penance
08-27-2002, 09:23 PM
This is like the Super Bowl for gamers. Bill, are you saying you didn't vote on anyone of them? The Summer contest that is.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-28-2002, 08:39 AM
Link vs. Scorpion is no contest!

How did Scorpion even make it this far!? How did he even make it to the poll!?

WINDJAMMERS
08-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Scorpion is my favorite MK character (and from the looks of it a lot of others too), but he is getting his ass handed to him by Link.

Now that Cloud is out of the way Mario is home-free.

Black Ace
08-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Scorpion was cool back when Acclaim still hold the right to Mortal Kombat. Midway's trashed the series.

flamingspiral
08-29-2002, 12:41 AM
I don't know, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance looks to be a great game. Only time will tell.

Now that Snake lost, I care nothing about these polls anymore.

Overlord
08-29-2002, 08:53 PM
Looks like my "Angry Cloud Fans" theory might be true. Sephiroth pretty much has today wrapped up.

Nindalf
08-30-2002, 09:36 AM
Hehehhehhe
Mario is in the lead!Im sure Mario will win this fight!
:D

Black Ace
08-30-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by NiN
Hehehhehhe
Mario is in the lead!Im sure Mario will win this fight!
:D

Mario vs Crono. Heh

Overlord
08-30-2002, 06:51 PM
The votes arn't very close. Mario has this one.

EDIT: Everytime I check up on it, Crono seems to be cutting the lead more and more. He's within 500ish. Only about 3 hours left though...

EDIT II: Crono's within 47 votes!

Two pics I found on GameFaqs:

http://mechromancer.netfirms.com/cheating[1].gif

2 (http://highwind1886.angelcities.com/morecheating.GIF)

COPY and PASTE the first one. Can't link it.

xXx Beaver xXx
08-31-2002, 04:44 AM
2nd link doesn't work either, and has lots of pop-ups.

- Triple X Beaver :spinface:

Overlord
08-31-2002, 05:57 AM
It doesn't matter if it doesn't work. It was funny only in the moment.

...Well, Mario won. And he should be battling Link in the finals. I doubt that match will be as close as some of the pevious ones.

WINDJAMMERS
08-31-2002, 11:17 AM
It seems that Nintendo has this thing in the bag. I even if Sephiroth does beat Link he won't be able to beat Mario.

As for the Angry Cloud fan theory that is total BS. If someone is a fan of Cloud they probably are a fan of all FF characters, therefore their isn't any extra rally of support. It is the same people who has been voting for him the whole time.

Overlord
09-02-2002, 01:22 AM
Link wins! An upset over Mario! And a pretty big lead also. Now GameFaqs is back to there normal way's.

Your Thoughts?

Nindalf
09-02-2002, 07:30 AM
Oh BUGGER!
Mario should have won!This is so wrong!

Oh the humanity....

Kid0_oIcarus
09-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Hmm.. I wonder if this in anyway signifies Link now holding more buying power than Mario? Maybe Link's upcoming title will move more consoles and generate more sales than SMS?

He's still got that look though, that a lot of people don't agree with.. we'll.. we've got a long wait ahead of us :D