PDA

View Full Version : TGS Updated: FFXII and Dragon Quest 8! Glass Rose/Sonic 3 now Multiplatform!

Overlord
08-25-2002, 08:32 PM
GameTavern:

The Tokyo Game Show is just around the corner, and with spaceworld canned, gamers need another outlet for GameCube news. Last year Nintendo was a no show because their money was focused on spaceworld, with the exception of a few third party titles. This year it seem TGS will hold quite a few surprises:

Square:
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle
Seiken Densetsu GBA

Sega:
Sonic Adventure 3 - listed for multiple platforms
Skies of Arcadia Legend
Sonic Mega Collection

Konami:
New GC title
New online music game

Capcom:
Glass Rose - new multiplatform title
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 2 (GC)
Resident Evil 3 (GC)
Three new GC projects

Namco:
New Tales game (GC)

Most noteable are the new unknown titles from Konami, Capcom, and Namco. Also it appears Glass Rose and Sonic adventure three are both multi platform now, likely headed for PS2.

-Article. (http://www.gametavern.net/news/EpFpFpylyuueTTsuBF.shtml)

Your Thoughts?

Penance
08-25-2002, 10:48 PM
Nice list. The rumor for Sonic 3 on Xbox has been going around since E3. Looks like will know for sure coming this TGS.

Black Ace
08-25-2002, 10:51 PM
Wow 3 new projects from Capcom! I think one of them is Mega Man, which has been announced sometime ago.

Overlord
08-25-2002, 11:44 PM
Update!

Square:
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy X derivative versions (Yuna and Rikku)
Final Fantasy I&II
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle
Seiken Densetsu GBA
Unlimited Saga
Kingdon Hearts final mix
A new online title
A new action title

Sega:
Hundred Swords - online for PS2
Sonic Adventure 3 - listed for multiple platforms
Skies of Arcadia Legend
Sonic Mega Collection
Shinobi

Konami:
MGS2 Substance
ZOE: The 2nd Runner
New GC title
New online music game

Capcom:
Glass Rose - new multiplatform title
Clock Tower 3
Breath of Fire 5
Resident Evil Online
New online title
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 2 (GC)
Resident Evil 3 (GC)
Three new GC projects

Namco:
Venus and Braves
Time Crisis 3
New Tales game (GC)

Sony:
ICO team new work
Dark Chronicle

Enix:
Dragon Quest 8

As always, the schedule is tentative, but this looks to be a blockbuster show for PS2 and GC owners. Tokyo Game Show 2002 takes place September 20-22.

-Source. (http://www.gameforms.com/news/?411)

Necro ??
08-26-2002, 05:15 AM
Ugh,a new kingdom hearts rehash?

Square is starting to becone like capcom. "look this game sold really well!*goes back to cow and milks it again*"

SA3 most likey will be on GC and PS2,sega is makeing 50 games for it this year...anyone have a head count yet?

Zoe 2 looks awsome i cant wait to see the new progress on it. i got the E3 trailer a few days ago.

Overlord
08-26-2002, 01:20 PM
Actually, chachiangel just informed me that the Kingdom Hearts game is just the american version of the game released in japan with a new song. I think with all the big name stars that are lending their voices to the game.

...And there is a sequal for the game. I remember reading at GameFaqs that you can Unlock a trailer for the sequal in the game. Kinda like you can for Onimusha 2 in part 1, and unlock the part 3 one on Onimusha 2.

And Sega is making 42 games for it, not 50. (http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=610) It'll most likely be on all three systems this time.

aneep
08-26-2002, 03:31 PM
thanks for the update Overlord

and about KH, what Overlord said, which is becoming a trend for Square lately

FFX-4
FFXI-2
KH-2

the unknown Konami game is probably the Kojima game for GC, 'Eclipse'

-aneep-

Overlord
08-26-2002, 03:55 PM
aneep:
the unknown Konami game is probably the Kojima game for GC, 'Eclipse'

Thats also what I thought at first, but why all the secrecy? I mean, everyone knows about the game already. Unless the name was tentative.

And I guess I can understand why Square is pushing out these side stories so quickly. They had a interview at Gamepro.com saying that Square still didn't make back all the money they lost on the movie even after FFX sold 5 million, and the launch FFXI.

Alucard
08-27-2002, 11:49 AM
I'm going to make a stab and say this isn't Eclipse since that game wont be outtill 2004. I'm hoping it's Castlevania. They haven't done one on a bigger system in ages, and they mentioned after the latest GBA one had come out, they'd go to work on a new title. Thats my guess.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-27-2002, 12:19 PM
That would be sweet... a brand new 2D Castlevania.. 'course.. those are already coming out for GBA... but it would be sweet. Big screen.

Penance
08-27-2002, 10:00 PM
You can use the GBA-TV adapter for that. Still wouldn't be the same, though.

Alucard
08-27-2002, 11:28 PM
OH MY GOD!! The list magicbox put out. I know it says unnoficial but.. SHINING FORCE 4?! OMG ROFL ASL!! I'm speechless.. This game will make me cry if its true.

Overlord
08-27-2002, 11:53 PM
Theres been rumors about the game for quite some time now. I'm pretty sure we'll here more on it come TGS.

...Oh, and I'm adding that to the Quote thread. That was hilarious!

Kid0_oIcarus
08-28-2002, 08:10 AM
Um.. we have a quote thread!? Since when?

Black Ace
08-28-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Kid0_oIcarus
Um.. we have a quote thread!? Since when?

Since I started it. ;)

Cobi*
08-28-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Alucard
OH MY GOD!! The list magicbox put out. I know it says unnoficial but.. SHINING FORCE 4?! OMG ROFL ASL!! I'm speechless.. This game will make me cry if its true.

as long as it's not on xbox i'll be happy. not so much against the system just that i think sega needs to spread the love a bit more to the other two consoles.

Alucard
08-28-2002, 11:54 AM
IF it was going anywhere I would put my money on Gamecube.

Cobi*
08-28-2002, 12:05 PM

that's the dream alucard. we'll see, sega is notorious for dissapointing their fans consistently.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-28-2002, 01:21 PM
Don't even get me started on Toe Jam & Earl or Panzer Dragoon Orta!!

Black Ace
08-28-2002, 01:21 PM

I kinda agreed with that. Sega is putting their RPGs on Nintendo systems, like Phantasy Online and Skies of Acradia games on GC and GBA.

Cobi*
08-28-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Bill

I kinda agreed with that. Sega is putting their RPGs on Nintendo systems, like Phantasy Online and Skies of Acradia games on GC and GBA.

yeah, but i'm expecting to hear "xbox" nontheless, i have no faith in sega. this way i won't be dissapointed. if it weren't for uga i would boycott sega completely, like i have working designs and tecmo.

and yes i own a saturn, i've had about all i can take of sega's s***.

Kid0_oIcarus
08-28-2002, 04:28 PM
Don't even get me started on Tecmo... and what is this about Working Designs??

aneep
08-28-2002, 04:59 PM
heh

u guys are talking like every company who made games for Xbox are sold outs

riiiight...

-aneep-

Cobi*
08-28-2002, 07:48 PM
my thing against working designs is just how they announced that lunar sss was going out of print (forcing you to buy it while you could essentially; which i did for $50) then two months later rerelease the game for $30. not cool, not cool at all lying to the fans. also what they did with arc the lad. they delayed it and delayed it and when they finally release it it's $70. now if it was a final fantasy game i wouldn't mind paying any price because i know i'm getting my money worth but come on, arc the lad? this game isn't exactly in the upper echelon of quality when it comes to rpg's. EDIT: to me working designs lacks integrity, i can't trust them anymore so anything that has the working designs logo on it i steer clear of. it's so sad because they were one of my favorite companies during the saturn days up until after the lunar series. that's when they fell out with me.

tecmo is obvious with how they release doa3 exclusive to xbox. i have no problem with this, but when they go around s******* on other systems it gets to me. it's even more aggravating when they do a 360 and start releasing games for the ps2 again. another thing i hate about tecmo is how they "americanize" their games. i loved unision in it's original element but after tecmo's localization i felt like throwing up. they did this again with fatal frame and monster rancher 3. and now they are doing that beach volleyball game trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator while dragging gamings image through the mud while at it. i don't like being marketed to through sex.

then there is sega. i consider them to be hypocrites. they claim to be gamer friendly and want to redeem themselves but they go ahead and cancel shenmue 2 release on dc in the us only to make it exclusive to xbox. not very gamer friendly. and obviously i'm sure your all a little irked that sega has pretty much given xbox the lions share of exclusives. i wouldn't have a problem with this except that sega always says that they support all systems equally, which is a lie. sega should just be honest about where their loyalties are. honesty is always the best policy in my book.

aneep - my dispising of these companies has little to do with the actual xbox system it's more their ethics and policies that i hate. and sega is just on the edge. uga is still a part of sega and this is my favorite game development team today despite being associated with sega.

aneep
08-30-2002, 04:38 AM
hmm

IMO Sega do support all systems equally, see my post at debate section

glad to see u supporting UGA, not everybody does that (their games sell badly)

maybe i misunderstood your earlier comment, i mean its just so trendy to hate MS these days, regardless of reasons :)

-aneep-

Necro ??
08-30-2002, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by cobi40-50
also what they did with arc the lad. they delayed it and delayed it and when they finally release it it's $70. now if it was a final fantasy game i wouldn't mind paying any price because i know i'm getting my money worth but come on, arc the lad? this game isn't exactly in the upper echelon of quality when it comes to rpg's.

Well you need to think about that$20 extra price tag.You get arc the lad 1,2 and 3(i think you get a 4th one,i havent looked into it.)Plus all the goodies working designs packs with it.So really i see where your comming from with the price but then again look at what all you get with it.

Seska
08-30-2002, 09:03 AM
Working Designs have sort of earned themselves a bad rep for completely shafting their fans at every turn they got. Some while back they even went as far as to persecute fansites that hosted innocent fanart and fanfics of WD characters, with cease and desist letters.

But then again, where are WD now? What are they up to? Not a whole lot. Treating your fands badly in the long run, does not pay. WD made the msitake of thinking they were better than they actually were.

DBJAY
09-03-2002, 04:44 PM
Is Namco crazy for not showing the home versions of Soul Calibur 2?

I think Sega is moving in the right direction in their support of the consoles. Each is receving a unique title not found on the others;
SMB to GC, Shinobi to PS2, Panzer to XB. The only true multi-platform titles they put out are the some of the sports titles.

aneep
09-03-2002, 07:58 PM
the list is just tentative, its not a final list of who's there and what will be shown

maybe namco will show the home version there, its supposed to be released Q1 2003 right? or am i wrong?

-aneep-

Black Sugar
09-03-2002, 09:33 PM
that's the dream alucard. we'll see, sega is notorious for dissapointing their fans consistently

I couldn't say it better!

Kid0_oIcarus
09-04-2002, 09:11 AM
To be fair, all these companies are in it for the money. In the end, that what matters to them most. It's sad, but true.

Nintendo has this image of all about quality and great gameplay- but if they don't pay the bills... they don't get to make games.

Tecmo also wants to make money, and- while I don't know the details or the circumstances- going through MS is obviously helping them stay in the black.

They both have fans, that may or may not have more than one console... in Nintendo's case, they probably have a Gamecube, so they'll get their games.. in Tecmo's case.. they will hopefully have bought an Xbox.. They announced their loyalty early on, and have followed though.. so their antics now come as no surprise. (psst, what's this about PS2 games?)

Sega on the other hand.. they originally had a console.. so their fans may or may not have had another.. it really didn't matter to their fans, which other console to have as far as Sega games were concerned

So when they dropped the console biz.. well, they said they were going multiplatform.. big relief for the fans.. because it mostly meant that we would all sample Sega's best.. or so we thought.

We'll have to see if Sega is going to stick to making exclusives for each system and.. while this is a multiplatform strategy.. it's not the strategy I'm sure others imagined- I know I didn't see it this way.