11-07-2004, 02:22 PM
King of Fighters 99 Evo
SNK
Dreamcast

Version reviewed- Japanese

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/bemanisuperstar/Reviews/kof99800.jpg

http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/dc-reviews/kof-evo/kofevo1.jpg

Intro:

This was my first KOF. The KOF that had a few milestones in Gameplay and in SNK history. First it introduced the unpopular Striker System. It was the first KOF to give an Episode Number, it introduced us to a new Main Chracters the Clone known as K' and it was the next last KOF the Old SNK did.

Graphics

Well it's an MVS Port not much to expect here. The Backgrounds were done in full 3d. They look pretty Drab the Neo Geo Version didn't look that great to begin with.
Out of all KOFs this is the worst one in the Graphics Department.

3/5

Gameplay

The Dreamcast Pad well it sucks it's probably next to the Cube controller the worst
Controller ever Concived......for fighting games at least.
So I played using a Saturn to DC converter the entire time I had this game. There were some bonuses using the Saturn Pad. The game recognizes the 8 buttons (sort of) and L/R are Strikers and a super. You can also in the control config choose to have 1 button supers. My Version had all the config stuff in Japanese so I had to make my best guess. Overall it plays pretty well if you use a Saturn Pad.

The has a few systems. There's Def and Armor mode that take up your DM bar to this day I still don't know what Perpose they serve. You can roll to avoid attacks which is very important when fighting the final Boss Krizalid. This was also the last KOF to have the SDM your Super is much more powerful with a Full DM Meter and near defeat. This Kof Also introduced a Point system based on how you did....
It sucked.

No problems with the Gameplay here Aside fromt he Useless strikers

4/5

Sound

Music is hit or miss. The Ikari Team, Fatal fury Team, Pyscho Solders Team and Women's team have HORRID music. Art of Fighting, The final Boss Krizalid and
the K' Team have some of the best music in KOF history.

Then you have Iori and Kyo who have their Own themes and they're either love it or hate it.

The voices are the same voices you've been hearing since 94 and the match annoucer sounds like he has no soul and was speaking with the mic down his throat.

3/5

Roster

There were alot of new faces in KOF 99 and well they weren't really that good. Out of K', Maxima,Bao,Whip,LI XIANGFEI, JHUN HOON Only Jhun Hoon and K' are worth using.

There were a lot of move tweaks Mai got some new moves, Yuri Became a Shoto
among other things.

There were some strikers of note however which save the system from being totally useless

Metal Slug's Fio
Yamizaki
Chizaru
Billy Kane
Seth
and Vanessa

Nessa would make her debut as a playable character the next year but if she had been in 99 as well as with the rest of these strikers the game's roster would've been saved

Out of all the KOFs I'd say rosterwise this was the worst.

2/5

Other stuff

Well there isn't much to unlock here just the strikers. The Game keeps track of how many times you use a character. I think but my memory is vague there is a Neo Geo Pocket Link up but I might be wrong on that.

The Coolest extra though leave the game paused for a LONG time There's a nice little surpize if you wait.

Overall
So overall this isn't the best KOF I do think it is an underated one but 2000 improved on it.
If you are a KOF buff you probably already have this. If you just like fighters skip this one the only real reason to pick up play this game is an over power K'.

Overall Grade 3/5

This concludes my first review

bemanisuperstar
11-07-2004, 03:58 PM
SVC Chaos Review
Version Reviewed: XBOX US

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/bemanisuperstar/Reviews/210562b.jpg

Intro:

Orignally intended to be released alongside Capcom VS SNK 1 (and it would've blown it's brains out) SNK ran into problems that we all know about forcing delays and many other problems that would push it back a few years this is why no Nests chracters are in the game. When it Finally did come out people decided they'd protest the games existence. While the game does have it's fans my self one of them. It's Cool to hate this game. Magazines do it too.
However does this game really suck? Find out below

Graphics

They weren't Bad on PS2 and on it's Neo Geo Home but on XBOX they are nice and smooth and jaggy free. Just yesterday I was playing this on a 10 foot screen. It looked pretty good. The characters animate VERY WELL Infact graphics wise this game rivals Garou.
However the backgrounds while passable aren't very colorful there are some stages that look really good but for the most part the Backgrounds are just Bleh.
But hey new Capcom sprites. 1 point off for drab Backgrounds

4/5

Gameplay

The default Config on XBOX makes it hard to do some Exceed moves and it doesn't always to do the move you tell it to. This problem was fixed when I used the S pad but you'll want to reconfig the set up.

The Game system doesn't get much slimpler it's Pure old School and this is why people hate it. no Dodges no Rolls just a 3 level super bar and whatever ya got.
The Game has been sped up from it's PS2 and MVS Cousins So alot of combos no longer work. No More Geese and Zero Infinites here.

Of all the fighters currently on XBOX live this one is the least laggy and when it lags it stops completely.

If what I set the buttons to were the defaults This would be perfect

4/5

Sound

Eh nothing to write home about. Some music is really good but most really bad.
The voices sound muffled and the annoucer is new and not as cool as the Engrish one on the MVS/ PS2 version.

2/5

Roster

Ohhhh this game is soooooo broken. Yeah shut up.
As with any fighting game some characters are more powerful than others.
With the new Gameplay tweaks the game is pretty balenced. It just boils down to skill. Yes there are some overpowered characters like UBER BOSS Athena who has nothing but infinite supers. Shin Gouki has his supers are regular moves. Making this game a real bastard on line since everybody always picks the most powerful character.
But overall this game is no more broken than KOF 2003 Matremeele or Darksalkers.

Overall

Well it's better than Capcom's offerings but also falls short.
The only real problem with this game is that it's 5 years too late. Had this game come out alongside Capcom's offerings it would've owned them.
But when compared to other games that took forever to delvelop I'm impressed with what SNK Playmore pulled off. I just hope there is a sequel that will shut up the people that hate this game.

4/5

Freeman
11-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Ya know I think I should try to start making my own review threads.
Anyway, I agree with some of your opinions especially in SvC Chaos, and about K' & Jhun (they were my favorite KoF 99 charachters).
Keep up the good work.

Icarus4578
11-08-2004, 02:12 AM
bemani, you prefer SNK fighters to Capcom ones, true?

Freeman
11-08-2004, 02:42 AM
bemani, you prefer SNK fighters to Capcom ones, true?
If Capcom had put moe work on their 2D characters, then he'd be equal with both (same as me).

Messanic
11-08-2004, 10:00 AM
If Capcom had put moe work on their 2D characters, then he'd be equal with both (same as me).

All CPS1, 2 and 3 games were animated very well, and for the most part, had better sound(except CPS1). It was amazing what SNK did with the Neogeo from 1991-2003, but SNK made Mark of the Wolves after the brilliantly animated Street Fighter 3:Third Strike came out. So as Bemani put it, SNK was only doing it because Capcom was.

Rubeus
11-08-2004, 10:20 AM
About SVC Chaos, it wasn't really so hot the first time I played it in arcade, it's "just another SNK fighter" with additional Capcom characters, and it was not as good as KOF -- no 3 VS 3, team battle or another little things usually offered in SNK fighters. They could've make the game looks better if it was developed on NAOMI / ATMOSIWAVE.

Freeman
11-09-2004, 12:10 AM
About SVC Chaos, it wasn't really so hot the first time I played it in arcade, it's "just another SNK fighter" with additional Capcom characters, and it was not as good as KOF -- no 3 VS 3, team battle or another little things usually offered in SNK fighters. They could've make the game looks better if it was developed on NAOMI / ATMOSIWAVE.
Makes you wonder why SNK never thought of the AtomisWave in the first place huh?
Anyway, I'm sure you know NGBC is comin' out on the AtomisWave next year right?
You maybe right Messianc about Garou, but I find Garou to animate far better than SFIII (that's my opinion at least).

Robo Halloween
11-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Lollerskates

bemanisuperstar
11-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Well there's one Non SNK fighter I love to Death and that's my next Review

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030310/ggxx01.gif
Version:XBOX

Intro:

Christmas 2000 I receviced 3 games Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio and a Limted Edition of a Fighter called Guilty Gear X. The game was Just too hard but looked great. I put it away and spent more time with SNK and Capcom Fighters. Finally XX was annouced and I wanted to get more into Guilty Gear so I started playing it again. It soon became my top fighter and one I had to master. Finally #reload was annouced for a system I had with XBOX Live Support.
For those that don't know Guilty Gear is a Fighter made by EX SNK and Capcom Employees. It's like the Excel Saga of Fighters. There are many references to metal, Anime, Comics/manga and a few movies.
From what I understand Alot of the staff had previously worked on the Darkstalkers Series and Samurai Shodown. Daisuke Ishiwatari had worked at both Capcom and SNK and while I can't confirm it He had a lot to do with the Production of the SNK Classic Garou: Mark of the Wolves. So there's your backstory.

Graphics

Ever wished you could control an Anime? Well here ya go. Alot of these Backgrounds are reused from Guilty Gear X. However one request must go out to Arc Systems works PLEASE GIVE SOL AND KY A NEW STAGE THEY'VE HAD THE SAME ONE SINCE GUILTY GEAR. The new Backgrounds are very nice. I-no's boss stage looks a little TOO much like Athena's Stage in SVC Chaos.
Everybody animates nicely with many frames of animation. Hell This game is better animated than Sailor Moon (that's not saying much though)
If you're an anime fan this game is heaven.

5/5

Gameplay

Well Only Dr. Bombay has handed my ass to me on XBOX Live. But Even Dr. Bombay Fell to my mighty Sol (only beat me once) This sure is a balenced game. But there are teirs. The Teirs Go as this:

Top Teir: Sol
Mid Teir: Everybody ELSE

If you're good you can Add Potmiken and Slayer to upper Teir List.

This Game plays smooth as a baby's Behind. XXL Controller S? They both work.
the Gameplay is fast and responsive. It's also nice to have the Instant Kill Command assigned to one button.

On-line......Well for the most part other players SUCK. They don't have the good Sense to block any of my attacks with Sol. If I'm Bridget they just walk into my (simple)Combos. Very Rarely I'll run into a Dr Bombay or Jedah Doma (add him to your live list he's a good player) But for the most part Nobody knows how to block.

The other thing there are TOO many Battle systems. Faultless Defense is something I should've used more in my X days When Dizzy was layin the smackith down. In XX YOU NEED IT against I-no who is of the same Cheapness as Athena.
Other systems Like Roman Cancel and Psych burst, Dead Angle and Dust I haven't found practial Uses for. I just know when you Roman Cancel the annoucer says something that sounds like Romancer. Too many systems make for too much depth which will make this a game of the Easy to learn takes forever to master catagory.
I think Isuka cuts down on alot of that.

Now we can't talk about Guilty Gear with out mentioning the Instant Kill.....If Player X sucks it's Cheap. However I have a Gripe all the Cool ones have no range. Zappa has the 2nd Best Instant kill in the Game and You have to be Dry humping your Opponent for it to connect. Faust's has no range either. The Less interesting ones like Sol's has good range and Anji's if you can manage to hit out of nowhere is a 80% chance of Victory.

Then you have the Modes. M.O.M. and Survival Could've been combined. Mission mode will Kick your ass and prison rape it. Story Mode Can be REALLY CHEAP too which might limit what you unlock. Arcade and XBOX live mode is where most of your time. Training mode here isn't nessary as there is a VS CPU option and you can practice there. However there's enough to keep you busy here for months. Just make sure you have good Players of you skill level on your XBOX live list becuase most people that will challenge you on XBOX live WILL SUCK.

FYI my Record as of now is 41 wins 38 losses More than a few of those losses to Jedah Doma and Mesion AKA Dr. Bombay.

5/5

Sound

Like Jrock? Hate hearing somebody wail off vocals in Japanese? Well Guilty Gear is Jrock without the vocals.

My Favorite Songs:

Haven't you Got Eyes in your head?
Existence
Keep your Self Alive 2
Babel Noise
The Midnight Carnival (which sounds like a X-Japan Song)
Suck A Sage
Writhe in Pain

Great soundtrack

The Vocals are just as good BUT with 1 problems. Daisuke the game's producer does the voice of Sol in Game BUT NOT in story mode. I also belive this game has the EXACT SAME ANNOUCER as the Metal Slug Series. I liked Xs muffled deep robotic annoucer better.

If you wanna have some fun with the sounds pick May's voicerack and play Boomtown blues as the background music.........Guilty Gear Omake baby!!!!!!!!

Roster

No "Dude in Gi" here. Every Character here is Unique from the Very Sexy Bridget who turns out to be a guy (and some people still deny it) To the Possed Zappa (a Walking Ring Reference) To the game's "Haohmaru and Genjuro" Ky and Sol and many many Cute girls. Theres alot here I'll break down the roster here

I-no The game's boss based on J pop starSheena Ringo (http://www.toshiba-emi.co.jp/ringo/english/) I use her from time to time but not often.
Slayer- Great Character for Combos seems to be a Cross between Darkstalker's Demtri and KOF's Iori Yagami. Can somebody explain what the hell is going on with his Instant Kill? I don't get it
Zappa- Oh man this guy is a riot. His name naturally is tribute to Frank Zappa but the Chracter himself is based on the Japanese Flick Ringu Check out his Instant Kill if you can Land it. You see the ring and then you die
Bridget- A boy not a girl and you're still gonna want him (if anime peeps do it for you anyway). Great Character for Combos and his Instant Kill is the best in the game.
Sol Badguy- For all intents and perposes the Main Chracter Not really a Ken or a Ryu More of a Genjuro face me online with me as Sol....YOU WILL LOSE
Ky Kiske- The Haohmaru of this game. His name refers to member from the Band Halloween and one of his Overdive attacks is a Metallica Album
May- Cute little girl with a Huge ass Anchor I can't use her to save my life
Baiken- Based on some anime Character I can't use her on line but she's cool vs CPU and she's got a great Instant Kill
Faust- Tall lunatic with wacky attacks that will cause you to lose your match because you're spending too much time Laughing at them. Espcally his Instant Kill
Potemkin- Slow over powered and a Nightmare if you know how to use him........I don't
Chipp Zaniuff-one of the best for mashers. I'm still not a God with him Like I am with Sol I hope to get there though Chipp is awesome.
Milla Rage- As much as I used her in X I don't find her that useful. If you are fast you can get some sick combos off with her.
Eddie- Reference to Zato Ichi from a movie series that I dont know the name of.
Eddie of corse is the mascot for Metal God band Iron Madien. He is a pretty good Chracter if you know how to use his shadow.
Jam Kurdoburi-There is an illustration of her in story mode where she is just way too pretty. I guess she's the Elena/Chun Li of the game. Very Good Chracter for teh N00Bs
Johnny- He's a Pimp and a Pirate and.....not as beginer friendly as he was in X.
Anji Mito- has an attack with the Aerosmith Logo. I like using him on line but he's useless against experts. As far as Instant Kills go his is the most effective with an 80% connection rate
Venom- Love him or hate him.....I just don't like to use him. In XX you finally see some of his face
Axl Low- Reminds me of wantanabe from Excel Saga and Android 17 from Dragon Ball Z Great Chracter for noobs and experts. He is of corse a Homage to Axl Rose.
Testament- Huge Change From X more useable but still not a big enough improvement from X.
Dizzy- Reference to Dizzy Reed from Guns n' Roses NOT to the Goo Goo Dolls Album Dizzy up the girl. She's not the Cheese Mister she was in X. Not somebody I like using.
Kliff Underson- USELESS some people are very good with him I'm not I swear he's a Metallica reference.
Justice- Another I swear it's a Metallica Reference. Good for N00Bs.

Non Player Chracters

THAT MAN- One of the Reasons I call this the Excel Saga of Fighters. I hope he's the boss in the Next Guilty Gear. He's the guy Behind the Gears.
Raven- Shows up in some story paths and is some how connected to I-no and Axl.
I hope he's in the Next Game.

5/5

Overall-

I think I covered all the bases. It can Get Laggy on line but not as Bad as in DOA U or CVS 2.
All in all......A great game and 2d Fighting perfection

5/5

Freeman
11-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Nice review, but don't you think 5/5 is a little too much? 4/5 is what I'd give it; some of the sprites aren't good and Potemkin's movement isn't that god either.
Still keep up the good work.

Robo Halloween
11-15-2004, 01:12 PM
http://www.synaptic.bc.ca/FilmArts/Salmon_Chanted_Evening/images/The%20Bar--Lulu%20Shocked.jpg

bemanisuperstar
11-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Nice review, but don't you think 5/5 is a little too much? 4/5 is what I'd give it; some of the sprites aren't good and Potemkin's movement isn't that god either.
Still keep up the good work.

I thought so too but I really can't find anything wrong with the game. Aside from Lag time and that's not the game's fault. EVERY fighter on line is Laggy.

bemanisuperstar
11-15-2004, 01:34 PM
http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/pics/picsjapanreleases/Ikaruga-front.jpg
Reviewed for: Dreamcast

Intro

This was the first true shooter I owned. A bulk Buy from NCSX with Panzer Dragoon Orta, and KOF 2001, My grandmother died a few days after I got these games. After the Funeral I was playin this into the wee hours. So this is the first of the trilogy of

The Grandma Ann Trilogy

Graphics

This was a Naomi game that ran on a horizontal Monitor so on a TV it looks odd.
It looks like a REALLY WELL drawn 2d game. Which is what I guess the Legends at Treasure were going for. But they are for the most part just there.
There is one stage that did stand out but........I forget which

3/5

Gameplay-

White distorys black Black distorys white. rotate Often play the game for 20 hours and unlock stuff.
Pretty simple but it works. The Simple gameplay ALMOST makes up for the just there Graphics. Be warned this isn't an Easy Game. It's not prison rape like Border Down is. But you will Need to play awhile until you unlock free play. I can beat Normal in 10 credits min.
However to unlock everything as I said YOU MUST play the game alot and you'll get bored with it after awhile. But if you like the Genre as I do, Then you will play this game a little longer I'm splitting the Score here for Genre Fans and Non Genre fans
The Controls are good but you've played this before.

Fans of Shooters- 4/5

Noobs to the Genre 2/5

Sound-

Ahhhhh This saves the game The music IS REALLY GOOD. First Level Pumps me up
The Music and graphics complment each other so the Drabness of the graphics fit the moody and atomosphereic soundtrack.
The Blow up sounds you've been there. The Music is the star of this game.

4/5

Overall-

Well I ranked this as a Top shooter when I first got it but there are better games out there. Zero wing 2 is a much better game. Mars Matrix, Giga Wing ect.
Still it's Treasure and while it isn't Radient Silvergun (a Game I never played the rom was empty)
It's a decent fun game that requires more work than needed to unlock everything.
and YES that final Boss is the same Final Boss from Radient Silvergun

Final Score 3/5

Dr. Bombay
11-15-2004, 02:14 PM
I one hit killed you with bridget.

bemanisuperstar
11-15-2004, 03:47 PM
I one hit killed you with bridget.

Thanks you to you learned all the moves with shim that I didn't know.
Yeah I didn't block that Instant Kill because I love Bridget's Instant Kill.
I'm still 2-1 with Sol VS you.

If you can Own me when I'm Sol I will bow down and Call you master.

I was going to review Mario 3 but I realized...nobody hate this game and how can I review a game almost every gamer on the planet has played?

I should review an NES or SNES game though.

mmmmmmm

bemanisuperstar
11-15-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm going to do something different next. A review based on a Rom I played.

Game

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/bemanisuperstar/Reviews/guwange.png
Guwange
1999 Cave

Arcade Only

Reviewed using the Final Burn Alpha Emulator

Intro

Sometimes there are Awesome games that never make it out in the US. Sometimes these Awesome games are Arcade only. So Nobody ever plays them outside Japan.
However one day God Blessed somebody with the idea that these games could be taken out of these circut borad Shell and played on PC in binary by Making the PC and Game Think you're on an Arcade Cab.

Guwange is such a game. Delvoped by Who the Hell are they to the westerner Cave. (makers of some awesome Japan only shooters)

Gameplay

Well it's not quite ESP Ra. De. Remember that Capcom Game Mercs? ok Take that game set it in Ancient Japan infested with Really fucked up Demons.

Ok Good you got Guwange.

This is the mindless kill anything that moves and get the power ups shooter but......It's just sooooooooooooooooooo good. Its the same as the Bajillion
other games in this genre but it really stands out because it's soooooo....
Japanese.

Pick from 3 simular characters and just BSU. That's it. and 2 players can get they freak on too.

3/5- Run of the mill from a Run of the mill Genre

Graphics

well here are some screens

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/bemanisuperstar/Reviews/guwange_b.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/bemanisuperstar/Reviews/stage6-squeeze.jpg

Screen shots don't do this game Justice.

Caved squeeezed alot out of the board they used. which was just a CPS2/Neo Geo like board made in house by Cave. This does look like a Dreamcast game though It doesn't always look handdrawn or sprite based some of these characters look like they pushin some polys but aren't.

Also standing out is the Single most fucked up boss in Video Game history the Famous Cat spider

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/bemanisuperstar/Reviews/catspider.png

This was the 3rd level boss. The Final boss was pretty messed up too.

The Graphics fit the game and in some ways look better than Games running on the Simular CPS 2 and MVS hardware.

5/5- DAMNED CREATEIVE ENEMIES here and some really really fucked up ones.

sound

The Music THE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sampled this game soundtrack when I was working on my Ninja Albums.
One of my MC Chris songs features the music from the 2nd stage.

Not Unlike Ikaruga the music sets the stage for the levels. It's really good music too.

Very Japanese but not too Japanese it's still a shooter.

5/5

Overall

Well how many shooters are set in Ancient Japan? Well just this one.
It might be run of the mill but it's a blast and even if it is run of the mill
it doesn't star Teenagers with Powers or spaceships or wizards. It's Ancient Japan baby!!!!!!!!

The Rom I have should work with MAME I also have final Burn alpha. Of corse you can also go and look for the rom your self.

This won't be ported to PS2 EVER so the only way to play this game is to either import the Cab or play it VIA Emu. I hightly recomend this game I wish Cave could get money from my downloads of their stuff becuase it's just the best in the Business.

DOWNLOAD IT!!!!!!!!!

Overall Score 4/5

gearhound
11-15-2004, 05:49 PM
you cannot block an instant kill.

bemanisuperstar
11-15-2004, 06:45 PM
you cannot block an instant kill.

You sure can

gearhound
11-15-2004, 08:30 PM
i thought you couldn't do it. maybe that was guilty gear X2? i was under the impression that you cannot.

bemanisuperstar
11-15-2004, 08:39 PM
i thought you couldn't do it. maybe that was guilty gear X2? i was under the impression that you cannot.

well Some IKs you just walk into like Zappa's and May's

Messanic
11-15-2004, 08:47 PM

All instant kills can be blocked, this was established in GGX. If you whiff with one, you can't use tension, this means no faultless defense, no roman cancels or another instant kill.

bemanisuperstar
11-15-2004, 09:19 PM
But if you rock your don't need it.

Icarus4578
11-15-2004, 11:59 PM
That tarantula with the cat head is freaky! This shooter looks good. Too bad I don't own it.

Messanic
11-16-2004, 12:38 AM
But if you rock your don't need it.

If you rock you don't need instant kills either, those are the last thing to ever depend on when actually being competitive in GGX2. This is of course assuming that your talking about not having a tension gauge.

bemanisuperstar
11-16-2004, 02:02 AM
If you rock you don't need instant kills either, those are the last thing to ever depend on when actually being competitive in GGX2. This is of course assuming that your talking about not having a tension gauge.

If you're hardcore you don't need the Tension Guage.

Infact when I play on live I play with IK off but EX on but for some reason I think Black and Gold are locked for Live play.

Messanic
11-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Have you ever heard of Daigo Umehara?

bemanisuperstar
11-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Nope can't say I have

Messanic
11-17-2004, 12:23 AM
Daigo is the best 2d fighting game player in the world, aside from the flawed MVSC2, he can whoop anyone's ass in every 2d fighting game. Daigo also is the best Sol player.

bemanisuperstar
11-17-2004, 01:34 PM
That tarantula with the cat head is freaky! This shooter looks good. Too bad I don't own it.

Only way to get it is to either download the Rom or buy the arcade machine and import it from Japan or Hong Kong.

Or Im me and I can arrange a Getting of this game for you. ;)

Not that Rom Trading is good but in the case of a game 99% of all people will NEVER play You gotta spread the love in the case of Japan only Arcade games.

Icarus4578
11-18-2004, 01:50 AM
Oh, no need. I'm sure I could play it if I want to. I'm too busy with Prime 2 right now anyway. Boy, I got stuck a couple times and it gave me a headache. :annoyed:

bemanisuperstar
11-20-2004, 08:29 PM
I can't see how anybody can use the Cube Pad.

Most controls I can get used to however The Cube pad just feels like I'm using a fisher Price toy.

Even the Duke feels right to me (and I've been uisng nothing but the S for the last month) after lone periods of non use.

blueskied
11-27-2004, 07:10 PM
http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/pics/picsjapanreleases/Ikaruga-front.jpg
Ikaruga
Reviewed for: Dreamcast

Gameplay-

White distorys black Black distorys white. rotate Often play the game for 20 hours and unlock stuff.
Pretty simple but it works. The Simple gameplay ALMOST makes up for the just there Graphics. Be warned this isn't an Easy Game. It's not prison rape like Border Down is. But you will Need to play awhile until you unlock free play. I can beat Normal in 10 credits min.
However to unlock everything as I said YOU MUST play the game alot and you'll get bored with it after awhile. But if you like the Genre as I do, Then you will play this game a little longer I'm splitting the Score here for Genre Fans and Non Genre fans
The Controls are good but you've played this before.

Fans of Shooters- 4/5

Noobs to the Genre 2/5

Overall-

Well I ranked this as a Top shooter when I first got it but there are better games out there. Zero wing 2 is a much better game. Mars Matrix, Giga Wing ect.
Still it's Treasure and while it isn't Radient Silvergun (a Game I never played the rom was empty)
It's a decent fun game that requires more work than needed to unlock everything.
and YES that final Boss is the same Final Boss from Radient Silvergun

Final Score 3/5

Thanks for the hilarious review!! :lol: I'm always amused by people who review ikaruga without even taking the 2 minutes it requires to figure out the game system. I'm referring to the fact you didn't mention the chain system & bullet eating (and the related fact that it is usually more advantageous to kill enemies as the same color, rather than the opposite color as you erroneously state), which are ikaruga's greatest appeals and innovations. This is really
the reason so many people play this game 500+ hours and consider it the best
shooter ever crafted. Please don't even compare it to Radiant Silvergun, especially since you admit you've never even played it and sadly you cannot spell it either (cf. "Radient" in your post)!!! Yet you assume RS is better for some mysterious reason. :lol: You're a funny guy (in an ignorant sort of way). As someone who has played both, I can say RS really pales in comparison to ika. Also, WTF is Zero Wing 2? Are you referring (in a way which shows you really know nothing about shooters) to Zero Gunner 2? Zero Wing was an arcade shooter by Taito from 1989 ported to the Genesis and TCD in the early 90s, but they never made a sequel.

A piece of advice:
If you're going to review a game, at least take the time to learn the game system,
spell previous games in the series correctly, and use the correct titles when referencing other related games on the system and/or in the genre. :irked:

bemanisuperstar
11-28-2004, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the hilarious review!! :lol: I'm always amused by people who review ikaruga without even taking the 2 minutes it requires to figure out the game system. I'm referring to the fact you didn't mention the chain system & bullet eating (and the related fact that it is usually more advantageous to kill enemies as the same color, rather than the opposite color as you erroneously state), which are ikaruga's greatest appeals and innovations. This is really
the reason so many people play this game 500+ hours and consider it the best
shooter ever crafted. Please don't even compare it to Radiant Silvergun, especially since you admit you've never even played it and sadly you cannot spell it either (cf. "Radient" in your post)!!! Yet you assume RS is better for some mysterious reason. :lol: You're a funny guy (in an ignorant sort of way). As someone who has played both, I can say RS really pales in comparison to ika. Also, WTF is Zero Wing 2? Are you referring (in a way which shows you really know nothing about shooters) to Zero Gunner 2? Zero Wing was an arcade shooter by Taito from 1989 ported to the Genesis and TCD in the early 90s, but they never made a sequel.

A piece of advice:
If you're going to review a game, at least take the time to learn the game system,
spell previous games in the series correctly, and use the correct titles when referencing other related games on the system and/or in the genre. :irked:

do your homework

blueskied
11-28-2004, 01:25 AM
do your homework

I'm guessing you're talking to yourself here?

----
Current Ikaruga Chapter 5 (Arcade Normal-mode) World Record Holder.
See my Ikaruga World Record and others
at the scoreboards section of www.ikaruga.co.uk (http://www.ikaruga.co.uk)

Icarus4578
11-28-2004, 01:35 AM
Looks like I'll have to review Ikaruga for DC next.

bemanisuperstar
11-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Looks like I'll have to review Ikaruga for DC next.

Please do.

My next review is......Nintendo. I was going to do genral chaos but I haven't play it in 10 years.

1337haxxor
02-23-2005, 12:50 AM
wait a sec.... is bem back?!?!?!

SavedFromSin
02-23-2005, 02:02 AM
no, your just posting in old topics.

1337haxxor
04-01-2005, 08:55 AM
sweet, you know what would be really funn and kind of childish? if we just posted in this thread and tore him up constantly! It was funny how Bem used to be like, I'm not sexist, but if I got the chance I would rape any woman.

Reko8
04-01-2005, 11:52 PM
I think bemanisuperstar is banned or something. i was looking at the members list and his name wasnt there. Also it says Banned under his name. I wonder if he got banned and for what reason, Joe or Drunken better respond!

Joe Redifer
04-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Yeah he's banned. I banned him again recently when he registered under a different name. Drunken banned him originally.

Reko8
04-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Yeah he's banned. I banned him again recently when he registered under a different name. Drunken banned him originally.

why was he banned though? what did he do?

Nem
04-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Probably trolled around too much. I never gave him much atention so i really dont know the specifics for his banning.

1337haxxor
04-02-2005, 11:07 PM
he was warned a few times for trolling and harassing people on the same issue in every thread and just picking fights and being a douche over all. He just wasn't a very good person.

i kinda miss the **** for brains though.

Reko8
04-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I think I pwned him in guilty gear x2 #reload. Thats all I cna remember and he mustve posted everywhere and on every thread every minute.

gearhound
04-04-2005, 01:56 PM
hey, bemani..where are the reviews? oh, wait... :lol:

Seraph
10-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Sorry to dig up this thread guys, but what is the definition of a Troll in a forum?

Joe Redifer
10-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Someone who posts stuff just to get a reaction, usually off topic in a thread.

justin_credible
10-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Joe you could of just said Nindalf.

Seraph
10-25-2005, 09:07 PM
So for instance if somebody threw out a random comment that had nothing to do with the forum it was posted in like say.... oh i dunno... this:

"Joe is a star stealing jerkface!!!!"
With the sole intention of raising an argument, thats a troll?

:spinface: :spinface: :spinface: :spinface: :spinface: :spinface: :spinface:

Vegetto
10-25-2005, 10:33 PM
hahaha Bemani! I remember that guy...

that guy was such a loser, he didnt even try to hide it either

Mistatee
10-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Am i the only person who liked bemani?

Havoc2049
10-25-2005, 11:45 PM
I didn't mind Bemani and thought some of his antics were funny. I even played a few games of Dead or Alive Ultimate with him on Xbox Live. He didn't have a mic though, so that kinda sucked. I still see him online every now and then, playing various 2D fighters. I don't frequent the Sony and Nintendo sections that much though and I think that is probably where he was King of the Trolls and pissed people off.