PDA

View Full Version : Duload Worm Spreading Through KaZaA network!

Overlord
08-23-2002, 04:46 AM
The Register:
Kaspersky Labs warns that a new worm is spreading through Kazaa p2p file sharing network. The worm is called Duload and looks to be a VisualBasic program.

If launched, Duload copies itself to the system directory as SystemConfig.exe and configures the OS to launch this file on startup. Then it copies itself into media directory under 39 names and adds this directory to Kazaa file sharing.

One of the modifications also downloads trojan horse programs to establish remote control over victims computer.

The antivirus tools are on the way, but in the meantime it's a good idea not to run executables downloaded from P2P sharing networks.

Source: http://www.theregus.com/content/55/26080.html

Your Thoughts?

Seska
08-23-2002, 05:10 AM
I think it's about time we got a virus that spreads on something other than Outlook Express! I sense a new breed of viruses spreading through Kazaa. Should keep the RIAA and MPAA pleased!

Penance
08-23-2002, 11:05 AM
I sense a new breed of viruses spreading through Kazaa.

How come?

And did you guy's hear about the new plan that they have? They're going to start tracking down people who download copyrighted material from KaZaA, and they'll track them down, via IP I think. And contact there ISP and cancel there account. Sounds a little far'fetched to me. Might just be a scare.