PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Fighter Quest

admin
04-16-2002, 11:59 PM
Does it seem like Yu Suzuki's Virtua Fighter Quest will be a spin-off of Shenmue - a F.R.E.E. game with Virtua Fighter characters?

Pdaimaoh
04-17-2002, 01:51 AM
I think so
there is just too much coincidence between the games (namely the part about it being a quest and the part of shenmue being ripped off fighting engine of VF...)

wasn't there some sort of VF adventure for a handheld system where you kinda walked through stages and maybe had interludes? I only think of this from a magazine review many years ago...

when they spend several years and several MILLION dollars creating the Shenmue game, you can bet that code is gonna see some major RE-USE
and what better to spur sales than to tag on a popular franchise?

jammer
04-17-2002, 08:04 AM
Hello,

Wonder if it'll be like that KOF/Samurai Shodown RPG?

Should be interesting.

cheers,
jammer

J Walker
04-17-2002, 03:32 PM
VF Quest sounds like a fancy name for a VF beat-em-up. There's a very fine line between brawlers and fighting games and they're usually either a hit or a miss. It can very easily be one of the biggest disappointment since The Bouncer, but I have faith in AM2.

BlueMemories
04-17-2002, 08:52 PM
You know, J Walker, I have that same fear. I get this feeling that the game will be just like a beat'em up with features like experience points just to get people to thinking that it'll be like a VF rpg. Another fear I have is that the game will be too similar to Shenmue (in gameplay and all that FREE thing talked about so much).

I really want the game to be somewhat open-ended (meaning there is a sense of exploring just like some rpgs) and have a combat system that requires some skill. I want to be able to walk into one of those environments that are in the VF4 but I think that is not going to happen. It would be so cool if the game allows to walk into like a Shaolin temple and you can see some monks doing some training.

Tifa's Knight
04-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Who can tell? I just hope that they give it a somewhat in-depth fighting system reminiscent of the actual VF games. It's about time that action/adventure games starting adding more depth to the combat (and no, Devil May Cry does not count...)

Wolf of Mibu
04-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Unfortunately this game is going to be a dumbed down game for kids. Hey PD whats up.

ImmortalChamp
04-18-2002, 02:18 PM
I can't imagine a fighting type rpg that has ever been created successfully.

Pikachu
04-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ImmortalChamp

You have never heard of Samurai Shodown RPG for Playstation and Saturn? It was a great fighting game RPG and the game almost made it to US from Working Designs. The plan was scrapped only because they cannot acquire the license from SNK.

Pdaimaoh
04-18-2002, 07:39 PM
what's up?

are you another of those people I know from some other place but refuses to continue using the same username?

or are you just a debt collector acting like you know me so my friends don't hang up on you?

NiGHTS
04-19-2002, 03:03 PM
I hope its play like Shenmue

Black Ace
04-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by NiGHTS
I hope its play like Shenmue

No, I hope it plays like Virtua Fighter. :)

ourumov
04-19-2002, 05:39 PM
It would be great if the game had a secret mode in which you could play VF games (exactly as they are).

Kid0_oIcarus
04-21-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by ImmortalChamp

River City Ransom

'nuff said

Kid0_oIcarus
04-21-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Bill

No, I hope it plays like Virtua Fighter. :)

^^^^ Knowledge

I hope it rocks, whatever it ends up turning out like. I'd like it to be good- I got all these little ideas and dreams.. but I'm not making the game so.. all I can hope for is teh goodness.

Rubeus
04-29-2002, 11:05 PM
I wish they also include characters from Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx, those two are also great 3D fighters. There are just not enough VF characters to make a lengthy adventure game.

Black Ace
09-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Rebeus
I wish they also include characters from Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx, those two are also great 3D fighters. There are just not enough VF characters to make a lengthy adventure game.

Adventure game only needs one main character really. RPG required a lot to tell the story.

Kid0_oIcarus
09-16-2002, 10:20 AM
What's the latest on this title? Heard anything? I ain't heard jack.

crazytaxinext
09-16-2002, 10:27 AM
Not heard anything and I'm not expecting to for a bit either.

Black Ace
09-16-2002, 12:25 PM
I think they will show this game at TGS