Nintendo announced Paper Mario: Sticker Star for 3DS, the latest installment of the Paper Mario series. On the day of the annual Sticker Fest, Bowser decides to pull a prank and scatters six Royal Stickers across the land. To retrieve these mysterious, magical stickers, which are now stuck onto Bowser and his underlings, Mario sets off on an adventure with Kersti, a sticker fairy, visiting prairies, deserts, forests, snowy mountains and volcanoes around the world.
- Stickers are blended into every aspect of game play. They become your arsenal of items and attacks in traditional Paper Mario action-battles and can even unfold the environment to reveal new areas and ways to progress through the game.
- Collect stickers by peeling them off their environment, buying them in shops, or even making your own, and store them in your notebook for later use.
- "Paper"-ize the world by flattening it out and then use your stickers to find secret areas and hidden items just about anywhere in the game.
- The papercraft setting of the game is really emphasized in 3D, giving you the feeling of peering into and exploring a world comprised of shoebox dioramas.
- A cast of colorful characters will keep players laughing at every turn.